Why is everyone anointing Scarborough as the RB2?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
really Big Guy?

I think he runs crazy b/w the 20's..

We need somebody who can let Zeke not breakdown carrying the load.

This guy is going to hurt somebody this year.

I think he easily replaces Smith in the offense.

So who are you going to cut to put a 4th RB on the roster?

Johnny23

Reaction score
Was joking... If we started running a wishbone, I would probably wear a paper bag on my head during games.
I know you remember Barry Switzer making thr wishbone joke when he was hired. Further pissing Troy off.

Dre11

Reaction score
Darius Jackson was also a 7th round pick a couple of years ago and many were anointing him as the number 2 RB. There was even a poster who claimed he would be better than Zeke. :cool:

He could’ve been, some of that is tough luck, if you remember they were letting people go for roster spots due to injuries, it’s obvious they like him, they tried to put him on the practice squad. I also think he was injured.

Dre11

Reaction score
John Ross III is the poster boy for this until proven otherwise. Of course there's a lot of time for the "otherwise" on that front, especially since Marvin Lewis sucks and desperately needs to get fired.

If he doesn't improve much, look for the Cowboys to pick him up in a few years. Tavon Austin 2.0. Maybe we'll think we can turn him into Desean Jackson or something.

Injuries hurt Ross and robbed him of some critical developmental time.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I honestly think he jumps rod but we’ll prob be running like giants did. 3 different types of backs. In our case I guess 4 lol

MistyAnn

Reaction score
Short yardage plays... only if Zeke goes down.

There simply isn't a safer bet in the NFL than Zeke on 3rd & 1, both the analytics and the eye test prove it.

And it's not just about who can bully their way into the line the hardest. If so, all 32 teams would run a huge brusing fullback in each of those situations. Nope, it's about ballcarrier vision, ability to have the innate sense to hit the right hole in the split second. Football smarts and field awareness, there isn't a better runner than Zeke in the NFL.

Example... Fournette is a talented young back, but he's inferior to Zeke in all the intangible ways. Against the Patriots he gets stuffed on critical short yardage downs because he just can't hit the right hole at the right time. Zeke would have won the Jaguars that game.
Yes,~Zeke is boss on every down, Scarboragh is a big target to tackle, where Zeke is like a porpoise on short yardage, you need some kind of net to trap him.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think anyone even remotely feels he is replacing Zeke lol. Zeke when he is on point, is a bulldozer. But Zeke loves contact, so maybe they took another bulldozer, so they could save Zeke from himself, and make his career longer. Because Zeke's style of running, wanting to run everything over, isn't exactly good for longevity. But it is fun to watch!
I like to see how far he can knock someone backward when he plows into 'em. He bounces up and trots back to the huddle, but the DBs are rubbing the joints and wondering if he is made of carbon steel.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
How many RB do you think we will carry. And WR. I figure 6 WR. And we will be carrying a FB also.
Unless something changes I expect 3 RBs. I can see 6 WRs as well but with the versatility of Tavon we may just carry 5 WRs

glimmerman

Reaction score
Unless something changes I expect 3 RBs. I can see 6 WRs as well but with the versatility of Tavon we may just carry 5 WRs
Yeah. Was wondering if we keep Elliot, Rod and Bo. And label Austin as WR #6..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He could’ve been, some of that is tough luck, if you remember they were letting people go for roster spots due to injuries, it’s obvious they like him, they tried to put him on the practice squad. I also think he was injured.

Jackson was released to make room for McFadden. As far as I know he’s out of football. He was picked up by Cleveland in 2016 but had an undisclosed injury.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The FB we got from Oakland.

They only have 6th rd. pick invested in him.

Peanuts

and no way he is as good as this guy running the ball.

In all likelihood he's an all around better player than Bo though. Possibly even better runner.

And much less injury prone.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Why do people not like people to be excited about new players on the team they root for?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
In all likelihood he's an all around better player than Bo though. Possibly even better runner.

And much less injury prone.
it is said they are concerned he runs so upright.

not sure if that is changeable.

its his style.

He needs to learn where the sidelines are and use them more instead of lowering his shoulder like Megatron.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yeah. Was wondering if we keep Elliot, Rod and Bo. And label Austin as WR #6..
Austin is going to be our 3rd back I'm pretty sure. Bo IMO would be a roster space wasted especially when you consider we have a bell cow RB in Zeke. Rod and Tavon offer so much on Special teams and Tavon could fill in at WR in a pinch. Bo is simply auditioning for other teams including ours. Who's to say the kid is not great on ST himself? He's gonna have a chance to prove it for sure. But I just dont believe he is until I see it or hear the coaches mention it.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some fans love to reach. Can a player be liked, or talked about without someone exaggerating their posts. I understand wit, sarcasm, and joking, but the reaching posts are astounding.