Why is it so quiet in here, are all the haters gagging?

aria

Reaction score
For the record, I'm in no way sayimg this team would cruise through the playoffs if they even got there. I'm just happy we saw a lot of new guys step up, Dak got it together, new defensive personnel looked good, we hit harder and blocked on offense like I haven't seen in awhile. Morris looked great as well and there was lots of energy. I apologize for being excited and happy. Go Giants :rolleyes: Oh wait, I can't say that either. Go Oakland! Hopefully Philthy beats us with scrubs. Does that get some of you all giddy?

haleyrules

Reaction score
People were expressly rooting for a loss today. To the Skins. If you weren't in that group, then my post wasn't intended for you at all. But I'm sorry, I've got no sympathy for any Cowboys fan who actively roots for the Skins.

I agree with you it's very unlikely we win out to qualify for the postseason.
Still a great win for the Club. I was so happy for Morris. Great guy and really deserved the boost.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude, why even bother watching the games? You're obviously so miserable to see JG on the sidelines that you can't stand to us win. Come back when he eventually gets fired and you actually want the team to win.

Actually there you go again. I actually never said I wanted them to lose to Washington.

I can watch Cowboys games while still hoping for something better down the road. I have a brain and can handle such various thoughts.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we beat the Raiders, then I truly believe we’ll win out. Even if we don’t make the playoffs, ending the season on a 5-game winning streak is nice momentum to take into next year.

I'm not as sure, but we'd beat the Seahawks that week probably.

It'd be awesome to see, though. That week 17 game in PHI with our season and their HFA on the line, and our team amped to have Elliott back and a shot still would be an all time great.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
was a good win against the Commanders but this team is not going to the playoffs they have already lost to many games for that

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I know that but I’ve always had differing opinions with you and completely respected your point of view. I try to be fair to all here opinion wise. A comment like that though makes it seem like people are rooting for losses! I’ve never done that but not sure how the last 3 weeks and last two decades doesn’t mean we can’t express frustration. No one thought we’d lose out the string. We won a game we should have plain and simple against 3rd stringers: I expect the same next week. It doesn’t change my opinion on our direction. The news right now is showing people celebrating in the street. I find the ebb and flow mind numbing as to total picture. My concern long term is coaching with consistency
There were people literally rooting for losses earlier today.

tico

Reaction score
"Haters" are quite because we don't celebrate a win from a more pathetic team than ours! Go ahead act like a Raiders fan, I'm sure beating NYG will make you pop some champagne...lol

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
People were expressly rooting for a loss today. To the Skins. If you weren't in that group, then my post wasn't intended for you at all. But I'm sorry, I've got no sympathy for any Cowboys fan who actively roots for the Skins.

I agree with you it's very unlikely we win out to qualify for the postseason.

Missed that! Would never expressly root for loss! My wife and kids can attest to my emotions and screaming. But I was frustrated with the start to the game and felt fortunate. Second half we showed soMething we should have done last week on O. Not sure how to judge D vs their backup team but a wins a win

aria

Reaction score
The problem is the D has done this before..... And spit the bit the next week.

That's the real issue most have. Not that we suck week after week. It's that we are inconsistent over and over.

That's a real sign of coaching failings.

Even in this game you see issues we always see. For example, play calling issues. Key third down early, Skins don't have a defender in the middle of the field and our play call has all our WRs running routes outside the hashes.

It's frustrating as hell.
I get it, I really do but no game is called perfect and every team gives up big plays and overall, even against a banged up team, we stomped a division rival and looked great doing it. I'm not saying Dak is back to beimg "vintage" but I much rather see him play well and make nice passes then choke the entire game, or god forbid season, leaving us with even more doubt next year.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
No, I expect them to lose either the Seahawks or Eagles game (or both) but not either of the next two, and they may well win out. And if they make it in, I think they'll be a dangerous out.

I will say, I think Nick Foles may be capable of beating them even if they rest Wentz.

If we win out and get into the playoffs, we're winning the super bowl lol

aria

Reaction score
"Haters" are quite because we don't celebrate a win from a more pathetic team than ours! Go ahead act like a Raiders fan, I'm sure beating NYG will make you pop some champagne...lol
Not quite, the NYG make a dumpster fire look good. Commanders were up and down. They recently barely lost to the Saints, barely lost to Minnesota and beat the Seahawks. We decimated them compared to those teams.

aria

Reaction score
Enough with the haters comments.

There isn't a fan on this site that is a Cowboy fan that is not happy for this team.

Sorry, I just get tired of this hater label.
So then there are quite a few non Cowboy fans according to that logic.

samilpa4life

Reaction score
It’s posts like this that make me laugh. No one is a hater but when you’ve been a fan since the heyday and hsve seen 2 playoff wins in 20 years and 3 straight 20 plus losses it looks bleak.

As for this game there are still concerns. The first 15 min were horrible. If it weren’t for the Skins gifting us breaks we would have been in a similar position. Gladly we figured out what to do and ran but this wax not the finest game playing the most injured team in the league. Let’s string some things together. Right now this was an expected win
Man can't we just enjoy this win and quit all this bullcrap for one day sheesh!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Nope, why would I? Maybe last year I would have. This year I'm not watching any games but Cowboys games. I will be watching The walking dead

Because it's actually a massively important game for the Cowboys playoff chances?