Why is the NFL not coming down hard on Philly for last night’s debacle?

ICP

Reaction score
Because the public in general doesn't hate Philthy as much as the as a few other teams like Dallas

Asklesko

Reaction score
It's Philadelphia. They get away with things other teams do not.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The League has to do something because it sets a bad precedent if they don't. The next incident could include someone involve someone being on the field of play. Its a matter of only a few feet.

Flamma

Reaction score
This really wasn't that big of a deal. We live now in the outrage era so it is being made much bigger than it really is. Guys can have a heated exchange like that and then have a beer together later when things calm down.
I agree completely. If you didn't see it, and were just listening to people talking about it, you would think punches were landed. But if you watch it, almost nothing happened. No one was punched, slapped, or even pushed. The least amount of contact possible was exchanged. Neither should have been penalized or thrown out. But you have to fine them.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wanting to get a non player fired over something like that is pretty bad. I actually don’t think that the 49er should’ve been kicked out of game either… There were no punches thrown, and everything just kinda unfolded quickly in that spot by the Eagles side line.
He did do a ceedee celebration on the guard's face.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the league will do something but first they will make some kind of rule about who should be that close to the field.

It is just too many people who aren’t coaches, players, and trainers that are around the 50.
Shouldnt security be near at hand?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I agree completely. If you didn't see it, and were just listening to people talking about it, you would think punches were landed. But if you watch it, almost nothing happened. No one was punched, slapped, or even pushed. The least amount of contact possible was exchanged. Neither should have been penalized or thrown out. But you have to fine them.
I'm in too. What a ridiculous thread and a good example of why people should stay away of the interwebs. Nothing happened that would even remotely justify someone losing his job.

Sheesh...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless I missed something, the NFL does not make “formal” announcements about disciplinary decisions they make involving players, coaches or staff before there has been a complete investigation.

Those of us watching on TV have only a part of what happened. We don’t know what was said and we certainly did not see everything that may have occurred.

In other words we do not know the whole story of what happened nor do we know what the NFL may or may not be doing. The Collective Bargaining Agreement between the players and the league does have some privacy restrictions on what can be shared with the public about some discipline the league issues to both players and staff.

Brax

Reaction score
A ******* security guard inserted himself into the game last night and Olsen treated him like some hero. The guy should BE FIRED. Point blank. I don’t like San Francisco but they were clearly the victims last night. If that was us, Roger Goodell would have came down hard on our team!! What I witnessed last night was despicable and something needs to be done. **** you Philly. Excuse my language but I won’t apologize!!
Talk about twisted facts, you are posting this nonsense as a joke right. The guy is head of security and was on the sidelines and just doing his job.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
A ******* security guard inserted himself into the game last night and Olsen treated him like some hero. The guy should BE FIRED. Point blank. I don’t like San Francisco but they were clearly the victims last night. If that was us, Roger Goodell would have came down hard on our team!! What I witnessed last night was despicable and something needs to be done. **** you Philly. Excuse my language but I won’t apologize!!
But, But, But, they are the Eagles, for crying out loud. We can't go there.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
The Cowboys would have been fined next year's 1st round draft pick if we did that!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Shouldnt security be near at hand?
he isnt security against the other teams players, non football personel shouldnt be on the sidelines and certainly shouldnt be in player scrums..again if that was Micah and some bozo started laying hands on him and Micah got ejected and the refs were like "Well we are gonna eject Homer also to even this out" we would be screaming BS...because its a scum move..Players/coaches need to address this not Nicks uncle Biff...

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Friendly reminder: not a penalty (language in audio)

That said, the league should be hammering Philly right now. This is a very, very bad precedent. Teams can just have random "security" guys get in the faces of players and take the tradeoff.

Absolutely bogus call at the time, and made worse if the league doesn't levy a penalty to Philly for it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Greenlaw thought the fat guy was Santa and was warning him about batteries.