Why is the NFL not coming down hard on Philly for last night’s debacle?

Creeper

Reaction score
I think the league will do something to the security guard, if they can, but it usually takes them a few days to review all the video and then present their case to Goodell. I heard one sports reporter say the guy could be banned from the Eagles sidelines for the rest of the year. The point to remember is it is not his job to break up a scuffle on the field. It is the refs job. People allowed on the sidelines should stay out of player skirmishes. If they can't they shouldn't be there.

I don't think they should torture the guy but the league has to do something because they don't want more incidents like this in the future. I don't think they will fine him, but I do think they will ask him not to be on the sidelines for a few games.

Creeper

Reaction score
Friendly reminder: not a penalty (language in audio)

That said, the league should be hammering Philly right now. This is a very, very bad precedent. Teams can just have random "security" guys get in the faces of players and take the tradeoff.

Absolutely bogus call at the time, and made worse if the league doesn't levy a penalty to Philly for it.

I have seen this same tackle many times in games. Sometimes they call it. Sometimes they don't. There is no rule against it. The rule says a tackler cannot drive the ball carrier into the ground, like a real pile driver. What Greenlaw did is not driving the player into the ground. If Greenlaw picked him up and slammed him into the ground and put his weight on top of him as he is slamming him, that would be a penalty.

Again, it is the inconsistency that drive fans and players crazy. Imagine you are Greenlaw and you have done this same thing multiple times without a penalty. Then this time they call a penalty. Would you be a little irked?

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Talk about twisted facts, you are posting this nonsense as a joke right. The guy is head of security and was on the sidelines and just doing his job.
My problem you guys aren’t getting is if that was us we’d already be punished!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I have seen this same tackle many times in games. Sometimes they call it. Sometimes they don't. There is no rule against it. The rule says a tackler cannot drive the ball carrier into the ground, like a real pile driver. What Greenlaw did is not driving the player into the ground. If Greenlaw picked him up and slammed him into the ground and put his weight on top of him as he is slamming him, that would be a penalty.

Again, it is the inconsistency that drive fans and players crazy. Imagine you are Greenlaw and you have done this same thing multiple times without a penalty. Then this time they call a penalty. Would you be a little irked?
lmao what?

He a) definitely drives him into the ground and b) does it after he's out of bounds. It's absolutely a penalty.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Friendly reminder: not a penalty (language in audio)

That said, the league should be hammering Philly right now. This is a very, very bad precedent. Teams can just have random "security" guys get in the faces of players and take the tradeoff.

Absolutely bogus call at the time, and made worse if the league doesn't levy a penalty to Philly for it.

Philly is a classless organization!!!!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I do think green laws actions Didn’t merit disqualification. He didn’t throw a punch. He pointed in the guys face.

I also don’t think the security guy should be making contact with players from the other team.

But again, it wasn’t some big deal.
You're right the situation itself was no big deal, but it turned into a big deal once the player got ejected. Their All-Pro LB got ejected and some random staffer that has absolutely zero effect on the game got ejected. The punishment and consequences should be harsh, not just for the staffer but to the team, to discourage another team repeating a similar event especially when stakes are higher.
I don't want to see a playoff game where some random staffer can get in Parson's face, touch and provoke him and hope that Parsons can keep his cool when the only consequence for the opposing team is that random staffer is ejected.

Creeper

Reaction score
lmao what?

He a) definitely drives him into the ground and b) does it after he's out of bounds. It's absolutely a penalty.
Then why was he not flagged when he did it to Pollard? You may not want to believe it, but there is nothing in the rule book that says this tackle is a penalty unless it is the QB getting slammed in the pocket.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Then why was he not flagged when he did it to Pollard? You may not want to believe it, but there is nothing in the rule book that says this tackle is a penalty unless it is the QB getting slammed in the pocket.
Because the refs are terrible.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
are you serious? if you dont understand the diference maybe we should try again tomorrow...
No...we can do it now.

Does security need to be on the sidelines and protect the players and coaches and whoever else is on the sidelines?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No...we can do it now.

Does security need to be on the sidelines and protect the players and coaches and whoever else is on the sidelines?
sure from the fans and from behind the bench he dont need to be on the sidelines scrumming with the other teams players..period

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure from the fans and from behind the bench he dont need to be on the sidelines scrumming with the other teams players..period
What is "the sidelines"?

Where does the sideline security not able to secure? Any persons safety?

The safety of the coaches and players and whoever else is on the sidelines?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
What is "the sidelines"?

Where does the sideline security not able to secure? Any persons safety?

The safety of the coaches and players and whoever else is on the sidelines?
you think he is hired security to protect the players from the other teams players?

erod

Reaction score
A ******* security guard inserted himself into the game last night and Olsen treated him like some hero. The guy should BE FIRED. Point blank. I don’t like San Francisco but they were clearly the victims last night. If that was us, Roger Goodell would have came down hard on our team!! What I witnessed last night was despicable and something needs to be done. **** you Philly. Excuse my language but I won’t apologize!!
Honestly, it was nothing, and the overreaction is conical. One guy barely touched the player, and the player pointed at the guy. That's it. Nothing.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly, it was nothing, and the overreaction is conical. One guy barely touched the player, and the player pointed at the guy. That's it. Nothing.
He rubbed his finger in his FACE

"pointed"...lol you dudes are weird. *** man....come on.