CFZ Why it’s fools gold to count wins on the schedule before games are played

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then why are you worried about the Lions offense? They're number two, but aren't a complete team like you stated. It's about matchups. If Dak is healthy and not rusty, the Cowboys should have a great chance of beating them. They have a chance of beating them even if Dak is rusty.
Who said I was worried. I simply provided that with their #2 offense they were able to take the Viqueens and Egirls to the brink. But their #32nd ranked defense gave up more points costing them.

And I’d agree with your assessment of the Cowboys and Dak. I was just replying to a post that stated the Lions at 1-4 were one of the worst teams in the league and were basically a cinch win for us . Context matters.

VABoyz

Reaction score
I'm hoping that ANYBODY that has watched football for any amount of time has learned that you cant assume what will happen in an NFL game. i know i've heard a lot of cowboys fans over the years say "oh we gonna beat them" and then the loss happens. too much parity and not a gang of super dominant teams should calm down any team or fan from being over confident.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
While i somewhat agree, if Dak is what mose of yall think he is, no way should we lose to teams like the Lions, Bears, Jags, Colts, and Commanders

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
The NFL is the most unpredictable league in all of sports. Upsets are as common as a sunrise each week. I always laugh when I see people here saying “Looking at the schedule, I see 9-10 more wins”…or something similar. It’s fool’s gold.

The truth is, every opponent on our schedule is a potential win or loss. Don’t believe that? Look at some of the upsets that have happened in just the first 35% of the season:
  • Week 1- Bears 19-niners 10. I’m sure we all saw that coming, right?
  • Week 2- Dolphins 42-ravens 38.
  • Week 2- Jags 24- colts 0
  • Week 3- Dolphins 21-bills 19.
  • Week 3- Broncos 11-niners 10
  • Week 3- Colts 20-chiefs 17.
  • Week 5- giants 27-packers 22.
  • Week 6- falcons 28-niners 14.
  • Week 6- jets 27-packers 10.
  • Week 6- Steelers 20-Bucs 18.
  • Week 6- Seahawks 19-cards 9.
  • Week 6- giants 24-ravens 20.
The NFL is not college football where picking winners weeks or months in advance can happen. In the pros, the old “on any given Sunday” applies every single week. Truth is we’ve played 35% of the schedule, not 95%. All NFL teams evolve. Some get better from one week to the next. The talent margins between the best and worst teams in the NFL are very thin.

The Cowboys are still developing as a team. We can’t look at the schedule and think a game like the lions Sunday is a given win. I expect the Cowboys to win Sunday against the lions, but also expect it to be a war.

What's interesting is that the 49ers have been on the receiving end of 3 of those games this year. Last year, the Titans secured home field advantage during the playoffs with impressive wins over the Bucs, Rams, Bills, Chiefs, and Saints but also somehow lost to the Jets and Texans. Go figure. You can't sleep on any team.

Motorola

Reaction score
What's interesting is that the 49ers have been on the receiving end of 3 of those games this year. Last year, the Titans secured home field advantage during the playoffs with impressive wins over the Bucs, Rams, Bills, Chiefs, and Saints but also somehow lost to the Jets and Texans. Go figure. You can't sleep on any team.
49ers accumulating injuries similar to what happened to them (and the Cowboys) two seasons ago.
Bosa was out v. Falcons last Sunday (equivalent of Cowboys losing Parsons).

TheHerd

Reaction score
As you've noted, the highly ranked 49ers have been the victim of 3 upsets so far this season, it begs the question: Is this team truly deserving of high praise and these losses are a mere bump in the road, or perhaps they just aren't that good?? Stay tuned..
Injuries have not helped the 9ers.

And same with Lions offense - Swift has been out, and he's back this week. And I don't think I need to mention our inability to stop the run. I'm not as confident about this game as everyone else.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Our Defense is looking for redemption so let’s hold them to 3 points and with Dak being back in let’s score in the 30’s. But do it with our formula of running the ball. Elliot and Pollard over 200 rushing.
Swift is back, and our D gives up a lot of rushing yards. We should win, but I doubt it's a shutout.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The NFL is the most unpredictable league in all of sports. Upsets are as common as a sunrise each week. I always laugh when I see people here saying “Looking at the schedule, I see 9-10 more wins”…or something similar. It’s fool’s gold.

The truth is, every opponent on our schedule is a potential win or loss. Don’t believe that? Look at some of the upsets that have happened in just the first 35% of the season:
  • Week 1- Bears 19-niners 10. I’m sure we all saw that coming, right?
  • Week 2- Dolphins 42-ravens 38.
  • Week 2- Jags 24- colts 0
  • Week 3- Dolphins 21-bills 19.
  • Week 3- Broncos 11-niners 10
  • Week 3- Colts 20-chiefs 17.
  • Week 5- giants 27-packers 22.
  • Week 6- falcons 28-niners 14.
  • Week 6- jets 27-packers 10.
  • Week 6- Steelers 20-Bucs 18.
  • Week 6- Seahawks 19-cards 9.
  • Week 6- giants 24-ravens 20.
The NFL is not college football where picking winners weeks or months in advance can happen. In the pros, the old “on any given Sunday” applies every single week. Truth is we’ve played 35% of the schedule, not 95%. All NFL teams evolve. Some get better from one week to the next. The talent margins between the best and worst teams in the NFL are very thin.

The Cowboys are still developing as a team. We can’t look at the schedule and think a game like the lions Sunday is a given win. I expect the Cowboys to win Sunday against the lions, but also expect it to be a war.
You mean they actually have to play the game to win....

CoachD

Reaction score
Talking heads have been doing it for years and most call themselves experts. however, 99% of those heads are fantasy football owners and never played the game to begin with.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No but he beat the Bucs

Something this QB couldnt do

Well you just changed your own argument. Are you arguing against your own premise now? You said Dak has no business losing to the Colts. Why does Mahomes (who is better than Dak) have business losing to the Colts? Please do not deflect :muttley: