Why not grab Jimmy Garapollo?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some supporters want the team to win, like myself. I have no interest in being happy turning up and being a loser. Fans who are obsessed with Dak Prescott are the latter because the Cowboys will never win a Superbowl with Prescott even on loaded teams like 2016 and 2021. The guy is a loser.
:lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

You Dak tards are a sad bunch. But hilarious.

Poor Dak the loser. And your the winner right?

Swagger

Reaction score
I doubt he’s gonna sign a cheap long term contract but one can always dream
His last contract was 137 mil
That contract was a record
Well if Jimmy G is looking for a contract similar to Prescott then fair enough it's pretty much a wash between the pair. I would be surprised if he's paid that much though.

Swagger

Reaction score
I expect Jimmy G to get paid like Tannehill around the $28-30 million mark p.a. on average

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep the person who laughs at QB who reached a Superbowl and the NFC Championship game. How many games has Dak Prescott won in the play offs over the past 6 years?
I'm laughing at the guy that posted it, noy Jimmy! Envy is a deadly sin!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would prefer Jimmy G over Prescott, he's far better value at the QB position, but sadly it isn't going to happen. Jimmy G is easily a starter in this league and a good one at that - he has been QB of a team that has won a lot of games and reached a Superbowl. Wins are a team stat but his team mates like him and he has been a part of a team that has won a lot including in the play offs.

The front office gave Prescott a huge contract (restructured as well) plus a no trade clause. We are stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons.
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
Juat to be clear, laughing at you, not with you..

J817

Reaction score
Yep the person who laughs at QB who reached a Superbowl and the NFC Championship game. How many games has Dak Prescott won in the play offs over the past 6 years?

Trent Dilfer and journeyman Jim McMahon won 2 SBs a piece.

tcain2004

Reaction score
They gave three 1’s because they didn’t feel like Jimmy G was worth the 24 mil they were paying him or that he could win a SB for them.

but he just about did. lance is going into year what 2 so if he has a good year he's gonna start crying for a contract like all these new diva quarterbacks. 24 mil is a steal for a non rookie starter

tcain2004

Reaction score
There’s only 6 or 7 qbs on the planet that would threaten Dak.

name your 6. I got Brady Rodgers Herbert burrow mahomes Allen Stafford Wilson Jackson In no order and there's a few more who are potentially better but could definitely challenge

tcain2004

Reaction score
Nope he is top 7, top 10 arguably. Consensus.

you got it all wrong on Dak. Admit it and let’s move on.

top 15 at best he cant stay healthy despite being built like a linebacker and being the most precious protected position. I like him just fine but not for 40 mil

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jimmy won't be a backup in philosophy or in reality. He wants a place at which to start, dear Olympians. Or, at the least a place at which to compete for No. 1.

Dear, I can be quite lyrical a times. You don't deserve me.

Mannix

Reaction score
----- And I will be clear , I am NOT saying he is better than dak.

I'll say it for you...he is better than Dak.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok tired of the baker thread, but in it someone brought up jimmy, and he also beat dallas in wc game.
He wouldnt be that expensive would he ? maybe a 1 year deal?
just imagine dak having to compete with JG in TC!

And I will be clear , I am NOT saying he is better than dak, I would put them in similar category,
only jimmy has won more play off games.

Then of course dak would start the season, but if he struggles, or he needs a couple games off,
they would have a capable bkup to take over.
Also it would probably light a fire under dakko !

As it is with just rush and dinucci, as bkups, dak is relaxed and can just coast , sit in a chair with one
of those drinks with a umbrella ! He has absolutely no competition right now.

I also think it would be fun to see JG play with dallas, dont know how well he would do, but it would be
fun to watch?

Any other qb's for bkup and potential starter? what about heineke?
not gonna happen , but its good fantasy discussion !

1: The 49ers have not cut him.

2: Why would a 'not that expensive' starting QB not get offers from a team without an entrenched starter?

3: What do 'not that expensive mean?' When the top QBs are getting 40M plus per year, he'll get well over 10M per.

Tom Brady is old. Maybe the Cowboys could sign him as a 'not that expensive' backup QB just in case Dak struggles.

FYI: The Cowboy led the league in points scored and yards gained.

The near consensus by fans/media is that the #1 problem for the Cowboys in 2021 was the running game.

How can a team with running game problems lead the league in points and yards with a 'bad' QB ?

They did it while being the most penalized offense and defense in the league.

Their yards per game in blowout wins was only 2 more on average than their overall average.

quickccc

Reaction score
Ok tired of the baker thread, but in it someone brought up jimmy, and he also beat dallas in wc game.

And I will be clear , I am NOT saying he is better than dak, I would put them in similar category,

Then of course dak would start the season, but if he struggles, or he needs a couple games off,

As it is with just rush and dinucci, as bkups, dak is relaxed and can just coast , sit in a chair with one

I also think it would be fun to see JG play with dallas, dont know how well he would do, but it would be
fun to watch?

Is Grapp an UFA ? ..and we're not giving trade capital and cost price capital for him to be a backup here.

- We got lucky and away with that with Andy Dalton signing for 1 year here ,..and after the Vikes game, and the way Stephen " Money Ball " Jones views and operates here,
i think they want to believe Cooper can bus-drive as it did the Vikes game, if so needed again.

- And i'm willing to bet Grapp wants a chance to compete for a starting QB role. If not Niners,elsewhere.
And frankly i'll bet Niners want to keep him handy in their back pocket, in the event 2nd year QB Trey Lance doesn't fare out well and struggles.

- What do the Cowboys feel about their backup QB role as of now ?
They would have to feel a Heineke is that much head n shoulders better than what they know about Cooper Rush - who obviously has his supports in coaches corner here.
And even then, they will probably think Wil Grier is worth the waiting development than pursuing an Heineke.

quickccc

Reaction score

fun to watch?

Lets be real, ... if Dak struggles, ..then the entire organization is gonna rally around him to resolve his struggling issues.
They will not trade for a Grapp, so Dak can be looking over his shoulder in fear of being benched.
In the eyes of the Cowboys, .. Dak is our Russell Wilson, ...he's our

He's not Carlson Wentz,.. Jalen Hurts ... Sam Donald,.. Daniel Jones ..Grap ..Big Ben ..Tannehill,..Tua Tagovalloa..
Hes' a clear cut leader and cornerstone set franchise QB of this team. Its' never gonna be a question to turn or look or another direction suggestion otherwise.