Why not grab Jimmy Garapollo?

Swagger

Reaction score
The 49ers had no choice once they traded for Jimmy once they traded for him
Luckily we don’t have that problem since we don’t have a mid tier QB
Prescott is anywhere from 11-17 in the league which is pretty much mid tier

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Love him or hate him Dak is the QB for the next two seasons at minimum. It's just nearly impossible to get out of the contract until then, Jerry isn't going to pay Dak to play backup QB this year, plus you bring in serious competition for Dak and that locker room becomes just as divided on Dak as this board is.

I'm not a Dak fanboy, but it's time to accept the reality of our QB situation, and focus more on how the Cowboys can best position him for success at this point. Replacement talk didn't die but certainly went on life support when he signed the new deal.
Dak is here the next 5-7 years. Let the cry babies cry.

J817

Reaction score
I would prefer Jimmy G over Prescott, he's far better value at the QB position, but sadly it isn't going to happen. Jimmy G is easily a starter in this league and a good one at that - he has been QB of a team that has won a lot of games and reached a Superbowl. Wins are a team stat but his team mates like him and he has been a part of a team that has won a lot including in the play offs.

The front office gave Prescott a huge contract (restructured as well) plus a no trade clause. We are stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons.

Let me be clear: Jimmy Garrapolo IS better than Dak, and for that reason Dak would fight having him in Dallas with all his might.
Why do you think the only backups are guys that couldn't last anywhere else?
Dak needs to be gone and Jimmy Garrapolo SHOULD be the starter.

You both must not have watched allot of Niners games huh? There is a reason the Niners drafted a QB in the first round. There is also a reason why no teams was interested in trading a 1st for Jimmy. I doubt a team offered a 2nd or 3rd. If a team did, Lynch needs to be fired (SB appearance and all).

I’m not saying Dak is special elite but there are not allot of scenarios where I’d want Jimmy freaking Garrapolo as my QB. My god.

Swagger

Reaction score
I wouldn’t say drafting Lance was going all in on a QB
Or giving the picks they did
But they were so desperate they paid a huge price
They wouldn’t have gave all that for a QB if they thought Jimmy G was the answer
Didn't the 49ers give up two or three 1st round picks to select Lance at #3?
I presume you are trolling as if that's not going all in then what is
They took a view that reaching a Superbowl with Jimmy G wasn't good enough. I'm not claiming Jimmy G is a massive upgrade over Prescott just that he's better value. His ability to make a few plays to win games is underrated.

Swagger

Reaction score
You both must not have watched allot of Niners games huh? There is a reason the Niners drafted a QB in the first round. There is also a reason why no teams was interested in trading a 1st for Jimmy. I doubt a team offered a 2nd or 3rd. If a team did, Lynch needs to be fired (SB appearance and all).

I’m not saying Dak is special elite but there are not allot of scenarios where I’d want Jimmy freaking Garrapolo as my QB. My god.
See my above post

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Didn't the 49ers give up two or three 1st round picks to select Lance at #3?
I presume you are trolling as if that's not going all in then what is
They took a view that reaching a Superbowl with Jimmy G wasn't good enough. I'm not claiming Jimmy G is a massive upgrade over Prescott just that he's better value. His ability to make a few plays to win games is underrated.
He's not a slight upgrade.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok tired of the baker thread, but in it someone brought up jimmy, and he also beat dallas in wc game.
He wouldnt be that expensive would he ? maybe a 1 year deal?
just imagine dak having to compete with JG in TC!

And I will be clear , I am NOT saying he is better than dak, I would put them in similar category,
only jimmy has won more play off games.

Then of course dak would start the season, but if he struggles, or he needs a couple games off,
they would have a capable bkup to take over.
Also it would probably light a fire under dakko !

As it is with just rush and dinucci, as bkups, dak is relaxed and can just coast , sit in a chair with one
of those drinks with a umbrella ! He has absolutely no competition right now.

I also think it would be fun to see JG play with dallas, dont know how well he would do, but it would be
fun to watch?

Any other qb's for bkup and potential starter? what about heineke?
not gonna happen , but its good fantasy discussion !
He didn't beat Dall. The SF D and our inability to stop the run beat Dallas.

J817

Reaction score
Some here slobber over every single worthless bum around.

Im going to start a thread about the Cowboys trading to get Mike White back from the Jets.

Than Im going to make another thread about wanting Baker Mayfield. Ya know the guy whose team traded a fortune to acquire a sex deviant to replace him? He’d be a huge upgrade. YEAH!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited: