Why not tank in 24

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The time to trade him is gone now…..
It’s unbelievable how ignorant some fans are. They spend all this time and resources in drafting outstanding players, which took several years to do, and some fans want to just get rid of them all. Just unbelievable. They’re in their window now to win a championship. Fix the weaknesses, run defense and running game, and they’re on their way. But nooooooo, fans want to throw it all away and start over as if the grass is greener. You guys have no idea how long that would take and then they’d be right back where they are now. :facepalm:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
A real commitment to tanking and rebuilding with a highly drafted QB would be the most exciting and hopeful thing to happen around here in the last 10 years
And Jerry would just screw it all up again.

It's not the players, it's never been the players, and as long as Jerry is the owner/gm it will NEVER BE THE PLAYERS.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Get a lot of high draft picks, only to be in salary cap hell again in 4 years when you have to pay all those players.
Then can't keep them all. So still be a mediocre team.

Build around what you have as this is not a bad team. Just needs to be better in the playoffs.
Jazz, you have more common sense than half the posters here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s unbelievable how ignorant some fans are. They spend all this time and resources in drafting outstanding players, which took several years to do, and some fans want to just get rid of them all. Just unbelievable. They’re in their window now to win a championship. Fix the weaknesses, run defense and running game, and they’re on their way. But nooooooo, fans want to throw it all away and start over as if the grass is greener. You guys have no idea how long that would take and then they’d be right back where they are now. :facepalm:
I just don’t get it man. It’s like living in Bizarro world for some of these people.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Get a lot of high draft picks, only to be in salary cap hell again in 4 years when you have to pay all those players.
Then can't keep them all. So still be a mediocre team.

Build around what you have as this is not a bad team. Just needs to be better in the playoffs.
I don’t know how some of these fans went from
Wanting to improve the team to just starting over.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hUaKdJZ.gif

fivetwos

Reaction score
:facepalm: Because LOSERS tank.

For the slow ones in the back. This might be Zach Martin's last year so you want him and the rest of the veterans on the team to tank so we can get a better draft pick? 75 percent of our fanbase is braindead.

Cowboys have the worst fanbase in all of sports - Stephen A. Smith
You’d think that with Martin and Lawrence near the end, and Parsons and Lamb on rookie deals, they would be scrambling to win now……but no, they are worried about what Parsons is going to cost two years from now.

I thought leaving the team short on personnel the last few years was about not having cap problems now, yet we do…it’s an excuse if nothing else.

There’s a reason why the plan isn’t clear and/or makes no sense. The majority understand what it is.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I hope you're still laughing when the Cowboys get beatdown in another WC game or worse yet don't make the playoffs and the Cowboy's Cap Space is in the negative because of the insanely high contracts Prescot, CeeDee and Parsons sign. Keep laughing.............

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This obsession with trading away our franchise cornerstones like Lamb is weird to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
I hope you're still laughing when the Cowboys get beatdown in another WC game or worse yet don't make the playoffs and the Cowboy's Cap Space is in the negative because of the insanely high contracts Prescot, CeeDee and Parsons sign. Keep laughing.............
I'll really laugh if they win the whole thing and have the best record in the entire league over a 4 year period. That would really get me laughing.

75boyz

Reaction score
Might as well.
The whole keep trying to build on a one and done ceiling has played itself out.

The head coach and quarterback of this team suck at playoff football.
The GM is clueless at roster building.

So that's all 3 of the top power triangle that need replacing in order for this team to advance any further than it has.
And uh, the GM ain't going nowhere.

So they might as well start over from scratch and try another 28 year cycle of futility.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Why not cut dak?
Why not start lance?
Why not trade Ceedee for a first and a second?
Why not trade Micah for a first and third in 25 and first in 26?
What could we do with all those picks and all that freed up cap space.
None of these guys have proved they can win in playoffs, so why continue to pay them?
That's exactly what I wanted to do (purge the team) after the Packers loss. I felt all 3 "leaders" exposed their true colors during that debacle. I've calmed down a bit since then, but I'm not betting on any of them in the post-season.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
WlEh5cs.png
I cut Romo for Prescott. He is my franchise quarterback. You think I will waive him before his contract runs out? For Lance? he HA!

WlEh5cs.png
I agreed to Prescott's contract three years ago. It made him the highest paid player in NFL history. You think I am not going to get my full money's worth? he HA!

WlEh5cs.png
I got myself another Irvin. You think I will get rid of him now that I got him? he HA!

WlEh5cs.png
Not only did I get myself a top linebacker. I have a publicity machine. He is a two-fer! You think I will pass up a once-in-a-lifetime bargain like that? he HA!

WlEh5cs.png
Who's 'we'? I am the GM of this team and I will do as I please. he HA!

WlEh5cs.png
I want my money's worth. And I will get my money's worth if I am extra stubborn? More stubborn that I have ever been. I am ALL-in. he HA!
Well said, Jerry! :lmao:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
There’s a reason why the plan isn’t clear and/or makes no sense. The majority understand what it is.
What does the majority think it is? We are tanking the season? If so, the majority are wrong, IMO.

Jerry is doing the exact same thing he did when Emmitt held out. Jerry has asked (my theory, not official) both Dak and CD to take a team friendly deal. Both have ignored it. As most would. Including you. Would you take less money for a co-worker to have more? I don't think you would. We start the season without CD (if he doesn't take that team friendly deal), and if we start off 3-0, Jerry will tell CD and his agent, "See! The offense is just fine without a highest paid WR on the team. Now sign that team friendly deal and get your butt here before those fines add up." Dak and his agent are the winners here. If we start off 0-3 without CD, CD and his agent will say, "See! You need us. Take your team friendly deal and shove it!" Jerry will cave like he did with Emmitt. Like Emmitt, CD will get paid, and Dak and his agent might take that team friendly deal. Or he will play out the season and test the open market. Which I'm fine with.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
the NFCE will decide our record. Dont fret on saying out loud and being bashed for it. Dallas is gonna Dallas. the other teams will depict what we do, we arent strong enough to forge our destiny. Next year matters, this year, just go "eh, whatever happens happens, its over"