Why Oxnard

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You’ve obviously never done any kind of physical exercise in over 100 degree heat index. It will kill even the best conditioned men/women in the world. Texas has gotten hotter over the years and Jimmy didn’t hold practice in 100 degree heat index days.
2 p.m., Eagle Pass in August, near the river.
Any work, any movement is an act of will.

Rockport, ever hear of Georgia lime jigglers? This is sort of what it looks, but no long mouf.
$_1.JPG

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't disagree but I think it is something this team needs. You want to remove the country club atmosphere work out in the Texas Sun on 2 a days, you will find out a lot about your team and they guys you can depend on.

Hey, let's instead rent four old buses, ride the team and staff from Frisco to Junction Texas in summer, practice for 10 hours a day with no AC in the dorms, mess hall or clinic.
It will live on in Cowboys Lore!
We could call them the Junction Boys!
coaches-for-the-dallas-cowboys-observing-the-team-practicing-in-their-1969-training-camp-in-thou1.jpg

Someone? Someone? Anyone?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You’ve obviously never done any kind of physical exercise in over 100 degree heat index. It will kill even the best conditioned men/women in the world. Texas has gotten hotter over the years and Jimmy didn’t hold practice in 100 degree heat index days.
I dont know what jimmy did, but the early 90's the el nino effect was still giving texas very hot summers, much hotter than what we have had
in recent years.
The last few years, it doesnt really get hot till july and ends in sept, without very many 100+ degree days.

To me going to oxnard this year, just continues the soft culture of the past.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
2 p.m., Eagle Pass in August, near the river.
Any work, any movement is an act of will.

Rockport, ever hear of Georgia lime jigglers? This is sort of what it looks, but no long mouf.
$_1.JPG

Hollah, and brings me a dollah!
I’m strictly a salt water fisherman. That’s a fresh water lure. You should know that bro.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont know what jimmy did, but the early 90's the el nino effect was still giving texas very hot summers, much hotter than what we have had
in recent years.
The last few years, it doesnt really get hot till july and ends in sept, without very many 100+ degree days.

And you’ve obviously never worked out in 100 degrees heat index weather. Or you wouldn’t be opening your mouth. They might be able to do it for an hour but then people start dying.

Reactions: CWR

stiletto

Reaction score
It smells like Gwyneth Paltrow's Candles?? Who knows....seems dumb.

stiletto

Reaction score
Spoken by a man who has never experienced a Texas summer.

I'd rather my team focus on football in camp rather than not dying of heat stroke.

Meaning you like Gwyneth Paltrow's candles and things like that as opposed to "tough" things? Wimp.... LOL

catiii

Reaction score
WEAK SOFT COUNTRY CLUB CULTURE RICH GUYS GOT TO HAVE JUST THE RIGHT TEMPERATURE TO PLAY. MEANWHILE, HIGH SCHOOLS AND JR HIGHS AND UNIVERSITIES (AND EVEN THEIR BANDS!!!) PRACTICE IN TEXAS WEATHER. THE BANDS ARE TOUGHER THAN THESE CLOWNS. JERRY AND HIS SOFT TEAM AND CULTURE CAN GET STUFFED. Gee that was fun!! Been wanting to say that for a long long time. And well deserved!! :mad:

CWR

Reaction score
in recent years.

Sounds catchy and all but you can only go so hard for so long before your body stops being able to take the heat. I've seen guys sent home after receiving multiple IVs, and had another friend who was hospitalized and in near kidney failure, as well as we lost a cadet years ago because his body shut down. At certain temperatures, with exertion you only have so long.

I'd rather the team utilize their time learning and executing rather than taking constant cooling and rehydration breaks.

I'm not opposed to making it more of a grind and practicing in the Texas heat for the last couple weeks. However, the majority of the work, including installing a new defense needs to be done in an optimal learning environment.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sounds catchy and all but you can only go so hard for so long before your body stops being able to take the heat. I've seen guys sent home after receiving multiple IVs, and had another friend who was hospitalized and in near kidney failure, as well as we lost a cadet years ago because his body shut down. At certain temperatures, with exertion you only have so long.

I'd rather the team utilize their time learning and executing rather than taking constant cooling and rehydration breaks.

I'm not opposed to making it more of a grind and practicing in the Texas heat for the last couple weeks. However, the majority of the work, including installing a new defense needs to be done in an optimal learning environment.
They do spend the last couple of week of training camp at the Star and outdoors. But yeah, you can practice when the heat index is 100+ for about an hour but mentally, you’re only thinking when this is going to end. You’re not concentrating on your techniques. You’re concentrating on getting through the practice. I’ve been through this and it becomes a matter of just surviving.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
They do spend the last couple of week of training camp at the Star and outdoors. But yeah, you can practice when the heat index is 100+ for about an hour but mentally, you’re only thinking when this is going to end. You’re not concentrating on your techniques. You’re concentrating on getting through the practice. I’ve been through this and it becomes a matter of just surviving.
Training camp will be at the Star, next year. You know that, right?

CWR

Reaction score

Exactly, and this off season in particular we need the defense to be on point. I want them learning. They can catch a best down those last couple weeks. That should be plenty of time to "build character." Lol

On the offensive side of the ball I think we may see more of MM stamp this year. I wouldn't be suprised if those guys are learning a good deal as well. Hopefully we employ some of those GB rub routes next season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly, and this off season in particular we need the defense to be on point. I want them learning. They can catch a best down those last couple weeks. That should be plenty of time to "build character." Lol

On the offensive side of the ball I think we may see more of MM stamp this year. I wouldn't be suprised if those guys are learning a good deal as well. Hopefully we employ some of those GB rub routes next season.
In the old days players would come to camp out of shape and needed to be driven hard. Now days, they’re more professional and have personal trainers and the majority of them come to camp in top shape. If they don’t, they’ll lose their jobs because the next guy will be in top shape.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I live in Southern California and I'm glad the c owboys hold training camp in oxnard