Why should fans believe in this executive leadership?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
  • Why should ANY Dallas Cowboys fan have any hope of winning a championship again with Jerry and his family in charge?

I don't think they'll ever win it "Jerry's way". My only "hope" is they prove me wrong, someday.

I expect to be disappointed if/when they make the playoffs because I'd be a fool at this point to expect anything else.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going from a 6-10 nightmare of a season to a hopeful 12-5 season in just one year's time is amazing. It tells me we are headed in the right direction. It also tells me the right hiring moves are being made by the GM. Bobhaze, if you lack that perspective, I question your judgment. IMO, only folks with an agenda to disqualify JJ can disagree with me.
:lmao2:
You must be Joking JoeKing.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Serious question hoping for serious, thoughtful answers:
  • Why should ANY Dallas Cowboys fan have any hope of winning a championship again with Jerry and his family in charge?
I’m hoping for some explanations from our fans why we as fans should have HOPE OR BELIEF that this organization as currently constructed at the top can ever be anything more than what it has been the last 26 years: an over-hyped, underachieving, non-competitive in playoffs organization?

Serious answers please. If you are a Cowboys fan who still believes we can win in the playoffs doing it “Jerry’s way”, please say why.
It's impossible. The Owner is performing the job that demands a high order of accountability. He does not hold himself accountable and that lack of discipline seeps through every pore of the organization.

Jerry is his team's biggest fan and that creates a relaxed atmosphere that NEVER existed when Landry or Johnson were coaching. Parcells couldn't break it and didn't stick around to see very good team he built realize any success.

Organizational culture is critical to success in the NFL. A highly competitive industry like professional sports requires special work conditions that most people could not handle. Once an organization gets used to losing, and the boss is not terribly upset about it because the cash is flowing, what the hell, may as well coast.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
At the of each of the last 10 seasons at least I have put my hands in the air saying "Why am I a fan of this team." Almost to the point of not caring, and the moving on with the rest of my life, lol. Then comes the draft and I get suckered in again at the thought of things changing. Then the season begins and so does the letdown......no chance I am the only one that thinks like this

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Nepotism is/has destroyed this once great franchise. The Joneses can go play in traffic for all I care :thumbdown:
Yes sir. :hammer:

We will draft John Stephen Jones from Arkansas and then after his playing career he will step into the GM role from his daddy…

And on and on and on…

The only hope would be if Charlotte says enough of this insanity - but do you think a multigenerational male dominated billion dollar family would let a woman call the shots?

I am old enough and was fortunate enough to see five SB wins and I am resigned to the fact I will never see another one before I die.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry loves playing an owner/GM who's visibly upset that the 2021 season went awry. He's most likely to change as little as possible but still retain the rumps of his team's fans in the AT&T Stadium seats. It's an endlessly repetitious act that grows increasingly stale on a yearly basis. Color me disgusted.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
I’m hoping for some explanations from our fans why we as fans should have HOPE OR BELIEF that this organization as currently constructed at the top can ever be anything more than what it has been the last 26 years: an over-hyped, underachieving, non-competitive in playoffs organization?

Serious answers please. If you are a Cowboys fan who still believes we can win in the playoffs doing it “Jerry’s way”, please say why.
Jeez, try jumping off of the guys jockstrap once in awhile. Did he fire you at some point? Jelly makes people crazy. Come on man…

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
So basically...
When the Sun runs out of Hydrogen fuel and stops it nuclear reaction to produce heat. Turns into a Giant Red Star.
It will engulf Mercury and Venus. Possibly Earth, which life will be extinguished by then, before it explodes in a white dwarf star.

Is that the timeline? I think Scientists say around 5 billion years from now.
:muttley:

The only living things by then will be cockroaches, and the Jones' family.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The bigger question is why do we have to believe in them? Just as believing in and supporting a player has no impact on his performance neither does our belief and support do anything for the front office. All we can do as fans is watch and hope for the best.. Well the other alternative is go be a fan of another team.. and if you can do that then you probably were never that big a fan anyway.. To me it comes down to who do I believe in among the players, coaches and front office. I believe in McClay and the scouting staff. I am not really that high on the Joneses. I believe in Quinn and the defensive coaches.. I do not believe in the offensive coaches.. and I am lukewarm on the head coach. I believe in Dak, Zeke, Coop, Lawrence, Diggs, Martin, Parsons, Kearse and Tyron. I think all the guys on that list are at worst top 10 in the league at his position when healthy. Pretty much every other player on the roster is a question mark for me. Is that enough to git er done? I don't know.. but I'm gonna watch next year and find out.

Loso86

Reaction score

Idk 3 SB.... blame Him for everything else, but you have to give him credit for it. Seriously we can't give all the credit for JJ with the wins and not give JJ credit for hiring him. ThEN blame JJ for McCarthy not winning lol

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jeez, try jumping off of the guys jockstrap once in awhile. Did he fire you at some point? Jelly makes people crazy. Come on man…
Idk 3 SB.... blame Him for everything else, but you have to give him credit for it. Seriously we can't give all the credit for JJ with the wins and not give JJ credit for hiring him. ThEN blame JJ for McCarthy not winning lol
I see neither answered the question in OP. Although I take it that you’re both “believers” in the Jones front office? If so, give us reasons for your faith in their work.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I think this season basically closed the door on that casket. It's basically over for Dallas fans, as we know it, with the current regime. I really think Jerry knows it too deep down. We've been hearing more and more about "the man in the mirror" since 2017. Heard it again today. I don't think he's referring to Michael Jackson.

What really bothers me specifically about this organization is that not only are we built terribly, but we cannot even luck into a championship game. Since we last won a Super Bowl, moribund franchises like the Minnesota Timberwolves and Sacramento Kings have played in conference title games. The Montreal Canadiens played in a Stanley Cup last year despite having the worst record in in the postseason (and probably shouldn't have made the postseason altogether). We are so cursed that we cannot even get lucky in the postseason. We fold like picnic chairs every single time, and line up and try the same exact thing the next season.
Yep I agree. I said as much about Jerry. He knows what the problem is but he does not care to fix it. I said earlier this week that he running out of ways to sell his product to the fans. Ex players are speaking out. Fans are getting restless. Media is either getting annoyed talking about them or laughing at them. Jerry is running out of idea but his ego won’t let accept that.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Yes sir. :hammer:

We will draft John Stephen Jones from Arkansas and then after his playing career he will step into the GM role from his daddy…

And on and on and on…

The only hope would be if Charlotte says enough of this insanity - but do you think a multigenerational male dominated billion dollar family would let a woman call the shots?

I am old enough and was fortunate enough to see five SB wins and I am resigned to the fact I will never see another one before I die.
Well John Stephen Jones was let go by Arkansas.

Reactions: BAT

rags747

Reaction score
I see neither answered the question in OP. Although I take it that you’re both “believers” in the Jones front office? If so, give us reasons for your faith in their work.
The fact is that if JJ did not hire little JJ then the Boys do not win those 3 90’s Championships, simple as that. I personally think that Jerry is a great man and great owner, the best owner in all of sports. He has hired Will McClay and paid him handsomely. Jerry does not force certain players to be on the field. It has been consistently reported that Jerry is nothing like is being reported. Jerry brings consensus from supposedly the best in their fields, yes he is the ultimate decider as it should be. Parcells has vouched for this on multiple occasions that Jerry was wonderful and easy to work for and with. I get tired of people being jealous of Stephan being a lucky sperm, tough S&#@ that’s life and build up your own life. People always counting other peoples money, just sad sacs imo. Anyway, I like a lot of what you write, you obviously have plenty of old school Cowboys knowledge, but you definitely take your shots at Jerry and Co and it is something that you and I will never agree on. Peace and out…

RS12

Reaction score
And all this time I thought you and everybody had been reading my posts. Every year under Jones ownership this once proud franchise sinks further into Detroit Lions, Cleveland Brown and Washington FT territory. You would think there would be a happy accident once in 26 years but nope. I am 61 this year and feel confident I have seen my last Dallas Cowboy Lombardi.

Loso86

Reaction score
3 SBs idk what else to tell you. But I guess that doesn't count. Oh that's forever ago gotcha. At this point yall know he's not going anywhere at GM so what can be done otherwise