Why should Garrett be kept in a championship season?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Soupy, I don't care if all He does is hand out home-baked Cookies and clap, if We win a title then it's obviously working, so why change it?
Londonboy going all Meghan Markle on y'all!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Too easy and too much fun .

Garretts my pet puppet. I enjoy going to bat for him. And getting pretty good at it after about 10 years. Ha
You're not good at it. You're Jerry Jones agenda is the justification you use to defend an inept coach. Simply put you hide behind your "this is the best we can do under JJ" mantra to mask the unconditional support and excuse making you have for Garrett.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You're not good at it. You're Jerry Jones agenda is the justification you use to defend an inept coach. Simply put you hide behind your "this is the best we can do under JJ" mantra to mask the unconditional support and excuse making you have for Garrett.
Ouchie

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones agenda? Who doesn’t agree the handicap he presents to Cowboys Football ?

I haven’t said this is the best we can do. I’ve said this is the best puppet I’ve seen. That’s not unconditional support.

Sounds like you have an agenda with me?

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones agenda? Who doesn’t agree the handicap he presents to Cowboys Football ?

I haven’t said this is the best we can do. I’ve said this is the best puppet I’ve seen. That’s not unconditional support.

Sounds like you have an agenda with me?
Yeah you've said on many occasions he is the best we can get due to Jones operating habits. You've also claimed we need better coaching in one breath then jumped to his defense in the next. Quite adamantly I might add.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yeah you've said on many occasions he is the best we can get due to Jones operating habits. You've also claimed we need better coaching in one breath then jumped to his defense in the next. Quite adamantly I might add.

Just in case you didn't know, Diehard wears JG print underoo's and has a game worn jock strap (signed by Garrett, of course) that he dons like a hat each time he visits CZ.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I enjoy playing Devils Advocate with Jason because I believe he’s unfairly targeted.

And I genuinely like him for what he’s endured in this situation attempting to make the best out of it along with his connection with Jimmy and his fathers history with Landry.

In an era when I was at the highest frustration with the Cowboys ownership direction ,Jason has provided me some hope to bring back some class and dignity to Cowboys Football.

Last edited:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Just in case you didn't know, Diehard wears JG print underoo's and has a game worn jock strap (signed by Garrett, of course) that he dons like a hat each time he visits CZ.
I find that easy to believe.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I enjoy playing Devils Advocate with Jason because I believe he’s unfairly targeted.

And I genuinely like him for what he’s endured in this situation attempting to make the best out of it along with his connection with Jimmy and his fathers history with Landry.

In an era when I was at the highest frustration with the Cowboys ownership direction ,Jason has provided me some hope to bring back some class and dignity back to Cowboys Football.
So it's more of a nostalgia type of thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So it's more of a nostalgia type of thing.
I’m not sure I’d categorize as such but possibly your beginning to understand. It’s really much more than that.

I think Garrettt represents the Star well. He’s as much a Cowboy with his family and history than anyone we’ve had this era. For me that’s something to root for.

Being a fan is not just about winning. They’re my local team . I’m going to be a fan regardless but respectability and class is an important asset. Winning helps of course and makes it more fun.

Jerry had taken most of that fun and pride away with his foolishness. Garrett has lessened that blow for me. All he needs is more success for most everyone to embrace him.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been fortunate to meet Tom and Jimmy. Boy , those were the days. I’d love to meet Jason someday. He’s definitely my third favorite Cowboys HC.

I’m not sure why more Cowboy fans haven’t embraced him. He’s more “ Cowboy” than any HC we’ve had this era. While watching him strut the sidelines or an interview I almost forget who his boss is. Reminds me of a better time in our history.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I’ve been fortunate to meet Tom and Jimmy. Boy , those were the days. I’d love to meet Jason someday. He’s definitely my third favorite Cowboys HC.

I’m not sure why more Cowboy fans haven’t embraced him. He’s more “ Cowboy” than any HC we’ve had this era. While watching him strut the sidelines or an interview I almost forget who his boss is. Reminds me of a better time in our history.

Because he sucks. Next question....

408Cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’d categorize as such but possibly your beginning to understand. It’s really much more than that.

I think Garrettt represents the Star well. He’s as much a Cowboy with his family and history than anyone we’ve had this era. For me that’s something to root for.

Being a fan is not just about winning. They’re my local team . I’m going to be a fan regardless but respectability and class is an important asset. Winning helps of course and makes it more fun.

Jerry had taken most of that fun and pride away with his foolishness. Garrett has lessened that blow for me. All he needs is more success for most everyone to embrace him.
What you just described is nostalgia. Your next post basically confirms it. Qualifications and ability be damned he gives you warm fuzzy feelings.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm looking at the current era with Prescott. We've done pretty well. If all you can seem to focus on is the last 20 years, you may want to get your depression ironed out.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
What success are we talking about? Participation award type of 21st century success or playoff success like the Patriots? What success are we looking at here?

The success of coming up with the idea of printing up all of those themed team shirts in December that all the players wear.

It's proven to be instrumental in the three playoff wins Garrett has won in the 10 years he has been here.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The success of coming up with the idea of printing up all of those themed team shirts in December that all the players wear.

It's proven to be instrumental in the three playoff wins Garrett has won in the 10 years he has been here.

Sorry to say he has 2 wins as HC. Just 2. Maybe you are giving him the '09 win while OC.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I my eyes you keep coaches that have their hands on things. You keep the BB and McVeys, you dont keep the Garrett's who stand on the sideline, clap and make absolutely zero impact on a season.

Why should Garrett stay if the coordinators and players were the real reason of any success? That is like taking credit for someone elses work.

Once the owner tells you to just stand there, put your hands on nothing, and become a motivational puppet, you are a complete joke now.

I will never consider Garrett a SB winning coach even if it does happen. I am not naive enough to believe he would win anywhere else if such a situation acurred.

How do most fans not consider Barry Switzer a SB winning coach but would consider Garrett one!

""In such a situation""

What a crap.

Switzer inheritited a SB caliber team and did what he was supposed to do with it. He didnt build it. He just collected the fruits Jimmy left.

Why do you think we are SB bound again ? Dont you think the process that Garrett established the last 7 years has something to do with it ?

He is the HC of this team and that this team has alot of talent and is a contender is all his work.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soupy, I don't care if all He does is hand out home-baked Cookies and clap, if We win a title then it's obviously working, so why change it?

This is the bottom line. It would be ludicrous to change something that worked.

As for the notion of Garrett doing nothing but standing on the sideline and clapping, while he may not be as strong a coach as the Cowboys need, he clearly does a lot more than that. To a large degree a head coach is an overseer and administrator and sets the parameters for coaches to work in and steers the direction for the coaches and players to follow, much like a manager/executive in a business. Whether he is good at those things or not is a different question, but there is a lot more going on both on game day and behind the scenes that fans don't see.