Why should I stay a Cowboys fan?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Just quit. Who cares? If I hated the Cowboys as much as a lot of posters on this board do, I know I wouldn't be on this forum hating on everything that happens. It's why I need to control my responses sometimes when it comes to replying to these posters. I have a feeling that many of them I speak of probably truly are very unhappy people in general, and it's not even the Cowboys that brings them here rather, this place is somewhere they can take their sadness out without the repercussions of having to deal with it in their non virtual life. I have offered many posters an always open PM to my inbox if they need to talk about anything. This world is a rough place and I realize that it's easy to come on here and ***** and moan about everything, but if we can get down to the real root problems of many of those posters, I think we can make this place a great spot to discuss a topic none of us has any control over.

Now, by the small chance you really do just hate this team and you aren't unhappy in life...If a random sports team that you can't control makes you that unhappy, then the answer is very easy. Go find happiness elsewhere. Quit wasting your energy on something that makes you so mad.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry says a lot of stupid stuff. Hell, he finds a way to give a 3 paragraph response and still not answer a question.
I wouldn't put any stock into what he says. He just loves attention.
Honestly, there was a time back in the early 2000's prior to Tuna coming here where I thought about flipping teams. Might of been around high school. But I just couldn't make the switch. Even with a bad owner(my dad really hated him back then) bad draft picks, no present or future looking roster I just couldn't stop being a fan.

That period prior to the Tuna is when I started haha. I'm used to Jerry saying completely and utter rubbish. That said, this felt like a bit of a middle finger to me.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just quit. Who cares? If I hated the Cowboys as much as a lot of posters on this board do, I know I wouldn't be on this forum hating on everything that happens. It's why I need to control my responses sometimes when it comes to replying to these posters. I have a feeling that many of them I speak of probably truly are very unhappy people in general, and it's not even the Cowboys that brings them here rather, this place is somewhere they can take their sadness out without the repercussions of having to deal with it in their non virtual life. I have offered many posters an always open PM to my inbox if they need to talk about anything. This world is a rough place and I realize that it's easy to come on here and ***** and moan about everything, but if we can get down to the real root problems of many of those posters, I think we can make this place a great spot to discuss a topic none of us has any control over.

If a random sports team that you can't control makes you that unhappy, then the answer is very easy. Go find happiness elsewhere. Quit wasting your energy on something that makes you so mad. ( That goes to a majority of posters here )

I do not hate this team at all, and I've stated numerous times that I consider myself a massive Cowboys fan. Additionally, they don't control my happiness. I've got plenty of other things that help there. However, I do think venting is good, especially when I've never seen success with this team. This is the first time I've started to question it, and a very rare occasion where I express negativity.

TheCritic

Reaction score
So weird to see all these quitters and without a single regular season game played yet. Even Canadian hockey fans wait until after the first game is played before they self-destruct.

starfan1

Reaction score
Well, and Stephen who won't spend anything. I liked when Jerry would make FA splashes. Just once or twice a year. At that time, I felt at least the Cowboys were trying. I like our drafts. I want the FO to at least try for a big FA or two as well as improve in the draft. At least then, it feels like they're trying. The Peters move was a good one, and I'm just asking for a bit more than that. That's not too much to ask, is it?
well with these 2 bozos ya it might be asking for a bit much lol. I just take it a sunday at a time anymore. My days of getting too hyped up are long since gone. I really think well be good this year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So weird to see all these quitters and without a single regular season game played yet. Even Canadian hockey fans wait until after the first game is played before they self-destruct.

*Sighs* I literally stated I wasn't quitting. I'm just stating how insulting I felt Jerry's statements were considering everything that fans my age have put up with for the team.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
well with these 2 bozos ya it might be asking for a bit much lol. I just take it a sunday at a time anymore. My days of getting too hyped up are long since gone. I really think well be good this year.

I think so too, especially with Parsons and Dak. I just can't understand what would possess Jerry to say what he said in the manner in which he stated. That statement would naturally be insulting, and you never want to insult your supporters.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Rusty , here’s what I tell some of the young fans who become frustrated with our ownership and or leadership.

We don’t have to support all of the moving pieces to support the sum. Whether that’s the owner , GM, coaches or players.

But we can try to hold those accountable feet to the fire attempting to keep the pressure on.

For me they are my local team and I’m going to root them on. I must admit though when we stumble and I see our owner squirm I get some satisfaction from that as well. It can be a double edged sword.

And why so much of our fanbase have become apathetic. For me I’ve learned to separate my emotions and lower my expectations. Which is more of the mindset of a team or school which doesn’t have much success.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rusty , here’s what I tell some of the young fans who become frustrated with our ownership and or leadership.

We don’t have to support all of the moving pieces to support the sum. Whether that’s the owner , GM, coaches or players.

But we can try to hold those accountable feet to the fire attempting to keep the pressure on.

For me they are my local team and I’m going to root them on. I must admit though when we stumble and I see our owner squirm I get some satisfaction from that as well. It can be a double edged sword.

And why so much of our fanbase have become apathetic. For me I’ve learned to separate my emotions and lower my expectations. Which is more of the mindset of a team or school which doesn’t have much success.

And frankly, it's the sun parts of this team, and the fun that I have on this board that keeps me interested in the Cowboys. Oh, and now having my fursuit with Cowboys decals on it. Also, some of the things I have seen Cowboys players do have become very helpful when I'm at cons such as fistbumping everyone at the start of a con like Dak does is something that has been very helpful and well received. Frankly, Romo gave me hope watching the Cowboys, and Dak, along with Parsons, has helped keep the flame alive.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Honestly, some posters reading comprehension isn't very good. For those who think I'm quitting and all, please read the entirety of the post. I stated loads of times in the OP that I'm not quitting the franchise. I'm merely disgusted at Jerry's statements, and I'm feeling disgruntled as a result. However, I have not quit and will not any time soon quit. I don't believe in quitting unless it's something where there's a clear and obvious need to do so. I have not reached that point with the Cowboys. However, if I'm annoyed at something, I will say what that is.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I do not hate this team at all, and I've stated numerous times that I consider myself a massive Cowboys fan. Additionally, they don't control my happiness. I've got plenty of other things that help there. However, I do think venting is good, especially when I've never seen success with this team. This is the first time I've started to question it, and a very rare occasion where I express negativity.

You are not one of the haters I speak of. My response to you specifically is, if something that you can't control no longer brings happiness or enjoyment to your life then the best course of action is to not pay attention to it as much. Life is too short. It doesn't mean you have to just quit paying attention all together. I used to love the Mariners and watched all their games, but they haven't been in the playoffs for 21 years so I quit watching. I still check their scores and see how the playoff race is coming but I don't go to their forums and ***** about them.

Being a fan of anything should never ever, ever ever ever cause you to go on to a website and type out 100,000 posts reiterating how much you can't stand that thing. That isn't being a realist or even a hater. That is called depression.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are not one of the haters I speak of. My response to you specifically is, if something that you can't control no longer brings happiness or enjoyment to your life then the best course of action is to not pay attention to it as much. Life is too short. It doesn't mean you have to just quit paying attention all together. I used to love the Mariners and watched all their games, but they haven't been in the playoffs for 21 years so I quit watching. I still check their scores and see how the playoff race is coming but I don't go to their forums and ***** about them.

Being a fan of anything should never ever, ever ever ever cause you to go on to a website and type out 100,000 posts reiterating how much you can't stand that thing. That isn't being a realist or even a hater. That is called depression.

I understand that. And I try to see the positives for that reason where I can. I understand losing at times. I support AFC Bournemouth, who are one of the smallest clubs in the English FA who also have one of the smallest stadiums. However, I think my displeasure, given what was said, is understandable, isn't it?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I understand that. And I try to see the positives for that reason where I can. I understand losing at times. I support AFC Bournemouth, who are one of the smallest clubs in the English FA who also have one of the smallest stadiums. However, I think my displeasure, given what was said, is understandable, isn't it?

Jerry is always going to Jerry he is who he is. I agree, what he said isn't fun to hear but the NFL is and always will be a business first and foremost. Just like the company you work for. What he said is true but I agree he doesn't need to say it out loud.