CFZ Why Shouldn't Tony Pollard Leave Dallas?

GMO415

Reaction score
Would you like him to leave?
img.gif

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think that's what will happen.

A team will offer him starting RB money while the Cowboys will offer him "split the carries with Zeke" money.
More than likely, and good thing is he isnt worn out due to cowboys not using him much lol.
Jerry will stick with his boy zeke, and maybe even give him another big contract! lol

plasticman

Reaction score
His 54 yard tuddy was on 3rd and short. Just happened.

He'd score with 3 runs from the goal line. He has. Are you high?

49 points without the guy who supposedly our offense can't live without lol

No one is saying give Pollard 25-30 carries per game.
Pollard has never carried the ball three times in a row from the goal line, meaning the ball was inside the 10. He has carried the ball on two consecutive plays once and that was the Lions game this season.

Zeke, on the other hand, ran the ball three straight times against the Eagles in 2018, scoring a TD. There was only one oth4r occasion in which Zeke carried the ball three consecutive times. I'm surprised he had those two opportunities given the OC and previous HC.

I like Pollard, used correctly, he is a great offensive weapon. He and Zeke are the same height, but Pollard is 20 pounds lighter. They are two entirely different backs. Jerry Jones has a history of incorrectly utilizing players. He shortened the career of Marion Barber and Felix Jones. I just don't want to see him make that mistake with Pollard. Zeke is making the big bucks, let him take the physical punishment, keep Pollard fresh and use him against an already fatigued defense.

Pollard played excellently with Zeke unavailable, However, just like the situation with Dak and Cooper, let's not misinterpret that or give any credibility to the media analyst opinions. They were wrong about Cooper Rush, they are wrong about Pollard. He's a perfect change up to Zeke when used correctly.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.

Just watch the Cowboys play hardball with Pollard. Then he leaves in FA and signs with the Eagles for less. If that happens Jerry and Stephen will look like the clowns that they are.

It happened with Demarco and will likely happen with Pollard.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Why shouldn't Pollard got to McDonalds and eat a Big Mac?
Pollard has never carried the ball three times in a row from the goal line, meaning the ball was inside the 10. He has carried the ball on two consecutive plays once and that was the Lions game this season.

Zeke, on the other hand, ran the ball three straight times against the Eagles in 2018, scoring a TD. There was only one oth4r occasion in which Zeke carried the ball three consecutive times. I'm surprised he had those two opportunities given the OC and previous HC.

I like Pollard, used correctly, he is a great offensive weapon. He and Zeke are the same height, but Pollard is 20 pounds lighter. They are two entirely different backs. Jerry Jones has a history of incorrectly utilizing players. He shortened the career of Marion Barber and Felix Jones. I just don't want to see him make that mistake with Pollard. Zeke is making the big bucks, let him take the physical punishment, keep Pollard fresh and use him against an already fatigued defense.

Pollard played excellently with Zeke unavailable, However, just like the situation with Dak and Cooper, let's not misinterpret that or give any credibility to the media analyst opinions. They were wrong about Cooper Rush, they are wrong about Pollard. He's a perfect change up to Zeke when used correctly.
I am no fan of Jerry Jones the GM but it is the coordinators and head coach who utilize the players as they see fit or do you have proof of Jerry relaying play calls from his sky booth?

T-RO

Reaction score
I am no fan of Jerry Jones the GM but it is the coordinators and head coach who utilize the players as they see fit

LOL. Been here for years and still think that?

Well...ok.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard has paid his dues, but I don't think we should pay big money for the position. Zeke's contract was just dumb. You can find good running backs every year in the draft through round 4. The running game is more about the OL than rb. Heck, before Zeke, DMAC ran for 1k behind this OL.

LysleE

Reaction score
I hate to think it, but Pollard will be playing for another NFL team and rightly so; he has demonstrated he can be a #1 RB in the NFL.
Jerry’s man-•love for Zeke clouds his judgement and is blind to the fact that Zeke is no longer capable of being a featured back. Zeke still does things well, but this team will go how Pollard goes.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Pollard will get paid and I hope he stays. I kind of want to see what Malik Davis had the rest of the year too. I still see pollard as more of a 3rd down back just because I don’t know if he’s durable enough to be a lead back. I could see a 3rd round RB next year in the draft and some early OL to make sure the offense keeps going when zeke retires.

I hope they don’t try and restructure zeke he’ll just hold up the transition and he’s been limping along anyway milking the money.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I hate to think it, but Pollard will be playing for another NFL team and rightly so; he has demonstrated he can be a #1 RB in the NFL.
Jerry’s man-•love for Zeke clouds his judgement and is blind to the fact that Zeke is no longer capable of being a featured back. Zeke still does things well, but this team will go how Pollard goes.
I love Pollard but this team doesn’t go because of him. This team has gone by balance on offense and defense making plays

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This season....

Zeke: 443 yards
Pollard: 506 yards

Zeke: 0 100-yard rushing games
Pollard: 2 100-yard rushing games.

Zeke:4 TDs
Pollard: 5 TDs

Zeke: 6 catches
Pollard: 12 catches

Zeke: 32 receiving yards
Pollard: 121 receiving yards

Zeke: 15 carries a game
Pollard: 10 carries a game

Zeke: 63 YPG
Pollard: 63 YPG

Zeke: 4.1 YPA (32nd in the NFL)
Pollard: 6.2 YPA (1st in the NFL)

Then, after he rushes for 140 yards and 3 TDs Sunday you have Jerry coming out to let everyone know that Zeke is the man, we will go as he goes, and everything runs through Zeke blah blah blah.

Let's be real here for a second, Pollard has been better than Zeke for 2 years now.

Why shouldn't Pollard ditch this disrespect and go somewhere that will feature him? Surely, he wants an opportunity to be the real starter somewhere instead of living in a lesser players shadow because he doesn't make as much money. Everyone can see who makes the offense more explosive and who we seem to be able to speed things up with.

It's fine to let Zeke and Pollard split the carries to change up the pace, but I don't see how anyone can justify Zeke getting the majority of the carries at this point. The better player is Pollard at this point and he needs to be getting more of the playing time.
Pollard may not be back, but Zeke is almost definitely gone after the season

glimmerman

Reaction score
I thought Pollard would be traded. Only reason he didn’t is Elliot’s injury. And the push this year for a ring. No way we keep both. Unless Pollard wanted to stay to take Elliot’s job after this year or next. I could see Elliot taking either a pay cut or restructure to stay. Pollard isn’t playing for 5 million a year. Maybe they can get him for 1 more year and tell him Elliot is gone after next year at the latest.

JJ assumed Elliot would be back to Elliot this year. Teams were selling out to stop him and he hammers them. Pollard impressed Sunday.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard has paid his dues, but I don't think we should pay big money for the position. Zeke's contract was just dumb. You can find good running backs every year in the draft through round 4. The running game is more about the OL than rb. Heck, before Zeke, DMAC ran for 1k behind this OL.
You can find any ol' running back that wins rushing champion 2 of his first three years...SHOULD have been 3 straight...if not for GODells feud with Jerry.

And asked to block defensive linemen the whole time? As a star RB?

And shamble of an o-line.

If not for reduced carries.... how do you know he wouldn't do as well now as he did then? I am not staying he'd be 2016 zeke for 10 years straight. That was pretty special year...and this team does not have that mindset anymore anyway.

Dmac did absolutely NOT "run behind THIS OL".

stinkface

Reaction score
Pollard will probably have a career much like Julius Jones did. Split time with Barber, had over 1000 yards his 3rd year. Left after year 4 to follow the money and flamed out after that. Still a very good back with speed and wiggle, when young, but never had the body type to take consistent pounding. At age 29 his career was over over. Last decent year at the age of 28 in Seattle when he gained a bit over 600 yards. Sadly, Zeke can take more pounding because of his body type, but the tread is mostly off the tires as well. Yep, fresh blood next year is coming. Chicago proved that good young backs can tote the rock and truthfully most teams have a hard hard time with a good running team.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard will probably have a career much like Julius Jones did. Split time with Barber, had over 1000 yards his 3rd year. Left after year 4 to follow the money and flamed out after that. Still a very good back with speed and wiggle, when young, but never had the body type to take consistent pounding. At age 29 his career was over over. Last decent year at the age of 28 in Seattle when he gained a bit over 600 yards. Sadly, Zeke can take more pounding because of his body type, but the tread is mostly off the tires as well. Yep, fresh blood next year is coming. Chicago proved that good young backs can tote the rock and truthfully most teams have a hard hard time with a good running team.

Actually Pollard is more like Barber in this scenario. Or Troy Hambrick . He is the exciting backup whom the fans and media are clamoring to start. Looks great in spot duty but no one mentions those games where he gets stuffed for under one yard per carry while the starter is grinding out a tough 3-4 yards a pop. I love Pollard and I hope they can figure out a way to keep him.. But going off against one of the worst run defenses in the league should do nothing to change his role. A healthy Zeke likely tops 150 against that bunch IF he isn't asked to split carries. But to be fair, I fully expect Pollard to always be more explosive and more productive on a per carry basis owing to the superior quickness and acceleration to and through the hole. I also expect him to have more < 2 ypc games when than Zeke ever has because of his lack of power when the d-line is beating our o-line. Zeke is better suited for downhill running and is far more effective at getting yards when there IS no hole. Both have value.. Cowboy fans should be grateful we have one of each. I know I am.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If that’s the case they could offer Pollard descent money.
I would surprised if they didn't make an attempt to resign him. Its possible he may want to test the market and could get priced, but I do believe they will attempt to keep him

McMicah

Reaction score
Great post. If you transposed this situation to any of us at our jobs we would leave too.

One thing I wish you had put up there was the salary difference. If I’m TP I’m gritting my teeth at every stellar game that goes by where my clock as an NFL player ticks away, and I’m getting paid peanuts.

This isn’t even about football. This is basic human nature, and the Cowboys are fanning the flames of TPs frustration IMO.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great post. If you transposed this situation to any of us at our jobs we would leave too.

One thing I wish you had put up there was the salary difference. If I’m TP I’m gritting my teeth at every stellar game that goes by where my clock as an NFL player ticks away, and I’m getting paid peanuts.

This isn’t even about football. This is basic human nature, and the Cowboys are fanning the flames of TPs frustration IMO.

This is partly fair but remember, Pollard has carried the ball basically a little over one season's worth in the NFL. He has a lot less wear on his body than if he had been the guy from day one. As a result his body still has a few dozen miles left on it. Whereas Zeke's might only have a couple. Pollard could easily do another 4-5 years in the NFL in an increased role.. but I don't think it would be at the level Zeke or other lead dog backs operate at. And with each successive hit he takes a little more starch leaves his body. So you can use 'em all up in 2-3 years or you can stretch 'em out over 10.. Take yer pick..