CFZ Why this was the best win of the season so far

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knock off the insults here guys before you get yourself in trouble.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Just in general, great teams drop games from time to time. Things just line up the wrong way, either with penalties, drops, scheme, etc. Fighting through a bad game and getting a win is a great sign for the team. The offense was spectacular again and the defense got stops late after sucking all game long.

The reason for the negativity is that this is Dallas' first game against a competent opponent in a while. People have been bagging on the Cowboys' blowouts and say that struggling to beat Seattle at home is just evidence that Dallas really isn't that good.

Next week will determine which narrative is true. If Dallas comes out and beats Philly, then the Seattle game will look like one of those "dropped" games that Dallas managed to win anyways. If Dallas loses to Philly, the narrative that Dallas really isn't that good is going to get more evidence and the Seattle game will be brought up.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So so team my arse ! That’s where you lose me and that’s where I’m holding YOU accountable for what YOU say.

They are currently a playoff team and unless they totally implode which I don’t see a Pete Carrol coached team doing they will be in the mix come playoff time

Has nothing to do with being proud part that your focusing on. That’s admirable.
it’s that you think the cowboys can’t beat good teams and you continue to push that narrative when you say Seattle is so so or not very good just like you discount their performance last year against Tampa

We aren’t gonna agree here and that’s fine that was a HUGE win against a GOOD team in a must win scenario

The cowboys haven’t matched up well against San Fran and if your measuring stick is beat San Fran or your so so than so be it

We can agree to disagree
Okay...so we disagree on how truly good they are/ So what> That's what we're gonna fight about? That's why you came at me?

I never said we couldn't beat good teams. EVER!

I want to beat the elite teams...just as my words said.

And yes I care more an bout being proud of my team than how good seattle really is. They may be this really good team you say they are...they are 6-6. Last team listed as "in the hunt".
My goal is not to just beat teams that may or may not be in the playoffs. That post has NEVER moved in over 50 years..maky?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, last night’s win over the ‘hawks was the best win of the season…so far. Next week should top that, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

For everyone who thinks margin of victory matters at all in the NFL, last night’s win against a good Sea team is a perfect example of the silliness of that notion. This isn’t college football where resumes are based on how bad you beat someone and how good you looked doing it. In the NFL, W’s and Ls are always the bottom line. 9-3 is very impressive.

Here are the reasons why last night’s game was the best win of the season so far:
  • Despite the defense not playing well, the team found a way to win through the offense. The offense carried us last night. That’s what good teams do on a night one side of the ball isn’t playing its best.
  • Has anyone noticed that the almighty egirls struggled against a 6-5 bills team last week and we all were impressed that they were able to come back and win that? We played that script last night too.
  • Anyone remember what the theme was around here about 8 weeks ago? This offense was not moving the ball that well. Look now.
    • Offense is no longer sluggish in the red zone. (except for the stupid delay of game penalty!)
    • This team just set an NFL record by scoring 40 or more in 4 consecutive home games.
    • Since the debacle at SF, Dak has thrown 21 TDs with only 2 picks.
  • We just won our 14th straight at home.
  • Seattle is a good team. Three weeks ago they were 6-3. Injuries have hurt them a lot but they played their guts out last night. We beat a good team. A team that if the season ended today is in the playoffs.
This team showed some guts last night. I was glad to see them get punched hard but still be able to punch back and win. Good teams find a way. That could have easily been a trap game.

This team still needs to improve a lot. The stupid penalties are driving me crazy. I’m beginning to think McCarthy just doesn’t work enough on improving that because those pre-snap and offsides penalties are just stupid.

Now it‘s on to the eagles. Let’s gooooooooooo!
I know you dont care what everybody says so i dont think you will answer my points.

But anyways i will post them for other readers.

You are right, margin of victory doesnt matter so much. The game was a great entertaining game. Not good from a football standpoint, but very entertaining.
In the 90s the experts would have called such games "Ketchup Football". Which was another way to say "bad football" or "bad defenses".

Seattle is a medicore team. They maybe were good before the injuries but you cant judge them by that today.
There is a reason they lost their last 3 games and it is not because they are good. You dont get humiliated by the Ravens or the 49ers and expect to be judged a good team. And the loss to the Ravens was before their injuries took tolls afaik.

Seattle did what Nate Newton said weeks before: He waits for that one team that runs against our defense up the middle and is stubborn enough to commit to doing so the whole game. We all saw what happened.

Anyways--- the team showed a lot of guts. They battled it out. That was great to watch.

What i really didnt like is one moment of the game: Late in the 4th quarter when we finally took the lead for good with the TD by Ferguson. After a hard fought game and a very good drive the celebration with Ferguson was very reserved. I remember times when Emmitt or Irvin scored game deciding TDs players were pushing and shoving them celebrating all together in the endzone. Thats what i expected here. Even after Cooks 2-point conversion players celebrated on their own but not so much together.

To me this looks like the players did never really believe in the win. And they act more like mercenaries than like a well formed group that plays together. Often such missing team chemistry stems from bad leadership at the most important position: QB.
But maybe i am demanding too much or the game just changed too much. Anyways i didnt like what i watched there. I expected else.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just in general, great teams drop games from time to time. Things just line up the wrong way, either with penalties, drops, scheme, etc. Fighting through a bad game and getting a win is a great sign for the team. The offense was spectacular again and the defense got stops late after sucking all game long.

The reason for the negativity is that this is Dallas' first game against a competent opponent in a while. People have been bagging on the Cowboys' blowouts and say that struggling to beat Seattle at home is just evidence that Dallas really isn't that good.

Next week will determine which narrative is true. If Dallas comes out and beats Philly, then the Seattle game will look like one of those "dropped" games that Dallas managed to win anyways. If Dallas loses to Philly, the narrative that Dallas really isn't that good is going to get more evidence and the Seattle game will be brought up.
Truth right there.

Star says Seattle was a MUST win. (But of course they all pretty musch are...)
Well the next when must even even MORE...there's a lot to prove next week. Philly was a super bowl team last year, and pushing hard THIS year to not just be a "maybe a playoff team"....but go to the big one again. We are one of two teams that can stand in their way. What's in gonna be?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seattle is a medicore team. They maybe were good before the injuries but you cant judge them by that today.
There is a reason they lost their last 3 games and it is not because they are good. You dont get humiliated by the Ravens or the 49ers and expect to be judged a good team. And the loss to the Ravens was before their injuries took tolls afaik.

Seattle did what Nate Newton said weeks before: He waits for that one team that runs against our defense up the middle and is stubborn enough to commit to doing so the whole game. We all saw what happened.

Anyways--- the team showed a lot of guts. They battled it out. That was great to watch.

What i really didnt like is one moment of the game: Late in the 4th quarter when we finally took the lead for good with the TD by Ferguson. After a hard fought game and a very good drive the celebration with Ferguson was very reserved. I remember times when Emmitt or Irvin scored game deciding TDs players were pushing and shoving them celebrating all together in the endzone. Thats what i expected here. Even after Cooks 2-point conversion players celebrated on their own but not so much together.

To me this looks like the players did never really believe in the win. And they act more like mercenaries than like a well formed group that plays together. Often such missing team chemistry stems from bad leadership at the most important position: QB.
But maybe i am demanding too much or the game just changed too much. Anyways i didnt like what i watched there. I expected else.
Well @starfan1 ...you coming after him?

starfan1

Reaction score
Well @starfan1 ...you coming after him?
You are too sensitive every time someone has a conversation with you that you don’t see eye to eye with you deem that coming at you

@TwentyOne is wrong as well Seattle is a good team they are 6-6 because we made them 6-6 and we didn’t almost get beat because a team committed to the run up the middle ( although we do get beat like that) we almost got beat because Gino and his good receiving corps torched our secondary up until the last 3 drives.

Seattle isn’t in the hunt at the moment they are the 7th seed but details don’t matter right? ( kind of like beating a team with winning record).

Seattle will in all likelihood be in the playoffs again so any time you beat a playoff team regardless of what their record is it’s an accomplishment . Period!

They beat Detroit in Detroit and they also beat Cleveland a team with a great defense so his focus on the rams and losing to the niners and ravens( 2 best teams in league) is misguided IMO and the Rams may very well have righted the ship they are IN THE HUNT
You should have seen the game thread prior to 4th quarter the narrative was the cowboys can’t beat a good team and Seattle was that good team and walla we win in the 4 th then it’s cowboys beat a mediocre team

The Cowboys are not an elite team by any stretch if your waiting for that your gonna be disappointed but they can at times play like one and that’s what you need to pin your hopes on

Them playing elite at the right time on the road in the playoffs .

Hadenough

Reaction score
That game felt like the closest thing to a loss. When this team is off on defense or even offense. They are way way off. Even on a bad night this defense shouldn't be giving up 35 to the Seahawks. This team just never puts together a solid game on both sides of the ball unless it's a weak opponent. They are so inconsistent against better teams. The 49era smacked the Seahawks around like nothing. The Cowboys to be honest really aren't much better than the Seahawks. If that game was in Seattle they would of won.

starfan1

Reaction score
That game felt like the closest thing to a loss. When this team is off on defense or even offense. They are way way off. Even on a bad night this defense shouldn't be giving up 35 to the Seahawks. This team just never puts together a solid game on both sides of the ball unless it's a weak opponent. They are so inconsistent against better teams. The 49era smacked the Seahawks around like nothing. The Cowboys to be honest really aren't much better than the Seahawks. If that game was in Seattle they would have won.
San Fran also lost to the Viking, Browns and bengals so what’s that say?

Hawks are a good physical team and a team that beats the cowboys normally as they tend to lose to PHYSICAL teams

It’s a week to week league and those expecting 20 point blowouts week in and week out simply don’t understand the nature of the NFL
It’s hard to win consistently and YOUR team may very well be 12-5 3 years in a row

They are good but they have flaws. If they play up to their potential they can beat anyone

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, last night’s win over the ‘hawks was the best win of the season…so far. Next week should top that, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

For everyone who thinks margin of victory matters at all in the NFL, last night’s win against a good Sea team is a perfect example of the silliness of that notion. This isn’t college football where resumes are based on how bad you beat someone and how good you looked doing it. In the NFL, W’s and Ls are always the bottom line. 9-3 is very impressive.

Here are the reasons why last night’s game was the best win of the season so far:
  • Despite the defense not playing well, the team found a way to win through the offense. The offense carried us last night. That’s what good teams do on a night one side of the ball isn’t playing its best.
  • Has anyone noticed that the almighty egirls struggled against a 6-5 bills team last week and we all were impressed that they were able to come back and win that? We played that script last night too.
  • Anyone remember what the theme was around here about 8 weeks ago? This offense was not moving the ball that well. Look now.
    • Offense is no longer sluggish in the red zone. (except for the stupid delay of game penalty!)
    • This team just set an NFL record by scoring 40 or more in 4 consecutive home games.
    • Since the debacle at SF, Dak has thrown 21 TDs with only 2 picks.
  • We just won our 14th straight at home.
  • Seattle is a good team. Three weeks ago they were 6-3. Injuries have hurt them a lot but they played their guts out last night. We beat a good team. A team that if the season ended today is in the playoffs.
This team showed some guts last night. I was glad to see them get punched hard but still be able to punch back and win. Good teams find a way. That could have easily been a trap game.

This team still needs to improve a lot. The stupid penalties are driving me crazy. I’m beginning to think McCarthy just doesn’t work enough on improving that because those pre-snap and offsides penalties are just stupid.

Now it‘s on to the eagles. Let’s gooooooooooo!
Agree, this was a very good win, but think that Chargers game was the biggest thus far in the season. That was right after the 49ers blowout loss.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No it wasn't. Defense left many areas to be desired and corrected. Offense needs to shore up the untimely offensive line penalties. It was a win, but film will show both sides of the ball......many flaws that need to be addressed. There were great individual performances, but team performance?.........no.
Coaches dream win going into a tough stretch, I could here my HC right now starting the film session with "You guys were lucky to win last night, we have alot of work to do this week to be good".