Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Players aren’t fans, this is their livelihood IMO
I understand that but my point is that for players who prioritize winning a ring, Dallas is very low on the list of teams capable of making deep playoff runs. I agree w a lot of posters that most players only care about max money while winning a ring is not their top priority.

rambo2

Reaction score
And nothing to show for it. We are the only team in NFL history to win 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons without making a championship game.

The Cowboys have lost seven straight games in the divisional round, the longest streak by any team since the merger in 1970.

5 teams have failed to play in a conference title game since 1996: the Cowboys, Texans, Browns, Dolphins and Commanders.

The Cowboys have gone one-and-done EIGHT times since 1996. The only team with more in that span is the Colts with10.

The Cowboys have made THIRTEEN straight playoff appearances without a trip to a conference championship game, the longest drought of its kind in playoff history. Yes, no other team has gone this many consecutive playoff trips without at least reaching an AFC or NFC title game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...umbers-since-last-nfc-title-game-appearance/#
Let's see what happens this year. They should be right back up there again.

rambo2

Reaction score
I understand that but my point is that for players who prioritize winning a ring, Dallas is very low on the list of teams capable of making deep playoff runs. I agree w a lot of posters that most players only care about max money while winning a ring is not their top priority.
That's bs. They are around the top 5 right now. What does that say for the other 27 teams?

rambo2

Reaction score
That’s all you have to say about the historic futility marks in the playoffs this era by the Cowboys?
Yes that all changes when they break through in the playoffs. They are one of the good teams right now. Let's see what happens.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well I would not consider 24th out of 32 very now.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Why? Just look at Dak. You get overpaid lovely for a very long time. Why wouldn't anyone want to be here.

ArtClink

Reaction score
That's bs. They are around the top 5 right now. What does that say for the other 27 teams?
Top five NFL teams don’t have a 30 year Div playoff win draught. Rather, we are only one of two NFC teams so inept for three decades that we can’t even win a Div round playoff game.

We have been great in reg season the past three seasons but to true Cowboys fans, the bar is high: mk a deep playoff run at least once every five years. The other teams fire their GM if they don’t produce in the playoffs, but here under the fuhrer’s reign of terror, it’s a “til death do us part”.

But it sounds like you’re quite content with never mkg a deep playoff run. You don’t have to worry because the Jones cartel are incapable of building a winner so enjoy the reg season.

rambo2

Reaction score
Top five NFL teams don’t have a 30 year Div playoff win draught. Rather, we are only one of two NFC teams so inept for three decades that we can’t even win a Div round playoff game.

We have been great in reg season the past three seasons but to true Cowboys fans, the bar is high: mk a deep playoff run at least once every five years. The other teams fire their GM if they don’t produce in the playoffs, but here under the fuhrer’s reign of terror, it’s a “til death do us part”.

But it sounds like you’re quite content with never mkg a deep playoff run. You don’t have to worry because the Jones cartel are incapable of building a winner so enjoy the reg season.
Again full of bs.

rambo2

Reaction score
We haven’t won a Div round playoff game in 29 years. Are you disputing this fact as “bs”?
Enjoy your agenda. The team has done very well the last 3 years. We will have to see where goes from here. Only 1 team has won more games the last 3 years. 1 out of 31.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Mavs and Stars just advanced to their conf championship games again!! And Rangers are world champs!! 3 out of 4 local teams are capable of deep playoff runs!! Guess how I’m spending my sports dollars for my Dallas teams?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Enjoy your agenda. The team has done very well the last 3 years. We will have to see where goes from here. Only 1 team has won more games the last 3 years. 1 out of 31.
Yeah about those facts I cited that you refer to as “bs”, that’s such a strong counter argument. Well done sir.

rambo2

Reaction score
Mavs and Stars just advanced to their conf championship games again!! And Rangers are world champs!! 3 out of 4 local teams are capable of deep playoff runs!!
The Rangers looked like **** last year until they didn't. You are saying that the Cowboys aren't capable?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
And nothing to show for it. We are the only team in NFL history to win 12 games in 3 consecutive seasons without making a championship game.

The Cowboys have lost seven straight games in the divisional round, the longest streak by any team since the merger in 1970.

5 teams have failed to play in a conference title game since 1996: the Cowboys, Texans, Browns, Dolphins and Commanders.

The Cowboys have gone one-and-done EIGHT times since 1996. The only team with more in that span is the Colts with10.

The Cowboys have made THIRTEEN straight playoff appearances without a trip to a conference championship game, the longest drought of its kind in playoff history. Yes, no other team has gone this many consecutive playoff trips without at least reaching an AFC or NFC title game.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...umbers-since-last-nfc-title-game-appearance/#
And what would you have Jerry do to get them past that? Go out and play QB? That might help actually...