Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

rambo2

Reaction score
What childhood name calling ? And I mentioned the success in glory eras which includes the teams Jimmy built under our owners watch.

But you’ve yet to address the historical futility this era in the playoffs which I’ve requested several times. I can only assume you have no comments.
Jethro

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Top five NFL teams don’t have a 30 year Div playoff win draught. Rather, we are only one of two NFC teams so inept for three decades that we can’t even win a Div round playoff game.

We have been great in reg season the past three seasons but to true Cowboys fans, the bar is high: mk a deep playoff run at least once every five years. The other teams fire their GM if they don’t produce in the playoffs, but here under the fuhrer’s reign of terror, it’s a “til death do us part”.

But it sounds like you’re quite content with never mkg a deep playoff run. You don’t have to worry because the Jones cartel are incapable of building a winner so enjoy the reg season.
I expect a deep playoff run every year. Catch up! Be a “true Cowboys fan”. Why would anyone be happy with just regular season success? NO ONE!

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry 3 last regime 2 easy mathe

Rangers 1970-2023 1 title that 52 years
Stars 1 title last one 1999
Mavs one title last one 2011

So Jery 3 DFW other 3 teams 3 hmm

odd thinking 28 years is horrible.. 49ers last sb 1994 washington longer
Chiefs 52 years between rings.

And that's barely touching the surface on going through all the major pro sports teams here in other places and looking at their droughts and how many championships they don't have literally Jerry's waiting on #4 the Cowboys are waiting on number six and I know it hurts we haven't been to a championship game in a very long time and no Super Bowls for a very long time but it is not as big a deal when you look at the big picture there are far other sports teams have had longer droughts some of them don't even have a single Super Bowl some of them have no championships when there are baseball team that had 100 years that the curse of the bambino or some nonsense like that they were something and you know what when they finally came they were pretty happy so 28 years doesn't seem like a really long time when you look at the grand scheme of things like are the Dallas Cowboys still number three all time in Super Bowls I mean how do you remain #3 if a 28 year drought is so ridiculously odd because it sounds like it's not...
You can do better than that diatribe. Fans focus on the most recent results and the upcoming season. Those three franchises are making significant effort in recent years and are enjoying success. Cowboys fans are concerned because in the salary cap era Jerry Jones cannot seem to get it done. He compounds fans’ frustration by steadfastly holding onto a front office hierarchy no other franchise would. All other teams move on from GMs when the owner loses faith based on recent results. The Cowboys don’t. Fans will live with a lack of championships. As you pointed out, many do, all over the country. Fans will not be pleased with a perceived lack of effort and no championships. Except you, of course.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Believe what you will. I suppose you’re one of those fans who think Jethro is one of the greatest owners. And his involvement is what’s in the best interest for Cowboys Football. Lol

Fortunately I’ve never met one of of those fans here locally. They must only exist on the internet.
I mean, should I not believe Parcells? He's really not one to hold back his true feelings. I never said Jerry was one of the greatest owners, though as an actual owner he is probably one of the best. I don't feel he is the main person holding us back from winning a championship.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
That's because you guys ignore the recent history of the last 3 years and chose to ignore the overall total history to fit your negative agenda.
Yes we know *groan* 12 wins for 3 years.

You are predicting it will happen again.. whilst I hope you are right it may be tougher than you think.

We are going to be relying on coaches on 1 year deals.. cheap FA's on one year deals.. Rookies.. UDFA's... players coming back from injury.. and 2nd year players making a huge leap.

and yes.. you keep telling us players will get cut.. if they aren't good enough to make another team's roster why are they good enough for the Cowboys?

With a tougher schedule.. what could possibly go wrong?

I don't like to be negative but after the GB shemozzle I will be a lil more reticent this season than last.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean, should I not believe Parcells? He's really not one to hold back his true feelings. I never said Jerry was one of the greatest owners, though as an actual owner he is probably one of the best. I don't feel he is the main person holding us back from winning a championship.
You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You’re either part of the solution or part of the problem.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
If I have to spell it out for you then it’s a lost case. Anyone that believes Jethro is what’s in the best interest of Cowboys Football success steering us in the right direction is part of the problem.
It's clear you're stuck in your ways and no amount of evidence will change your mind as you've provided none as to why you feel the way you do. That's how it is when you get old I guess.

ArtClink

Reaction score
It’s interesting that some fans will defend the fuhrer after his pitiful playoff results for 29 seasons and even crow about a 12 win season with a humiliating first round loss vs Packers.

Yeah I’m an older fan but I’ve never held the Cowboys to any standard except the gold standard of excellence in the playoffs which is all that matters. I don’t give a rats behind if we go undefeated in the regular season if we can’t get past the divisional round.

To me, those fans that are defending the fuhrer and his 29 year reign of terror are evidently (Duane Thomas ref) quite content with an extremely low bar for this franchise. Perhaps the fuhrer and his decades long carnival barker speeches have made an impact on some fans. After all, P.T. Barnum said “theres a sucker born every minute” and the fuhrer is counting on your hard earned dollars coming in to endorse his gross mismanagement of the team.

As for me, I will continue to hold this franchise to the same gold standard of excellence that made the Cowboys “ Americas Teams” in the 70’s. It never had to be this way and the fuhrer could hire a legitimate GM tomorrow and we could be a real football organization instead of a fantasy football team for the owner to play with every season.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
SMH, OMG, why would any college or free agent player play for any team in the nfl, answer that and you will have your answer. wow!! where do people come up with these

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's clear you're stuck in your ways and no amount of evidence will change your mind as you've provided none as to why you feel the way you do. That's how it is when you get old I guess.
I can’t help if you haven’t followed me for the last 15+ years on these forums. I can’t imagine any Cowboys fan who’d still be in support of his ways this era.

But I should have known you’d end up with a personal insult when the discussion deadens.

You either believe Jethro is part of the solution or he’s part of the problem. There’s no middle ground.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s interesting that some fans will defend the fuhrer after his pitiful playoff results for 29 seasons and even crow about a 12 win season with a humiliating first round loss vs Packers.

Yeah I’m an older fan but I’ve never held the Cowboys to any standard except the gold standard of excellence in the playoffs which is all that matters. I don’t give a rats behind if we go undefeated in the regular season if we can’t get past the divisional round.

To me, those fans that are defending the fuhrer and his 29 year reign of terror are evidently (Duane Thomas ref) quite content with an extremely low bar for this franchise. Perhaps the fuhrer and his decades long carnival barker speeches have made an impact on some fans. After all, P.T. Barnum said “theres a sucker born every minute” and the fuhrer is counting on your hard earned dollars coming in to endorse his gross mismanagement of the team.

As for me, I will continue to hold this franchise to the same gold standard of excellence that made the Cowboys “ Americas Teams” in the 70’s. It never had to be this way and the fuhrer could hire a legitimate GM tomorrow and we could be a real football organization instead of a fantasy football team for the owner to play with every season.
Yea and it’s those fans who are part of the problem too along with our owner enabling him to continue his ways.

ArtClink

Reaction score
If I have to spell it out for you then it’s a lost case. Anyone that believes Jethro is what’s in the best interest of Cowboys Football success steering us in the right direction is part of the problem.

Yea and it’s those fans who are part of the problem too along with our owner enabling him to continue his ways.
Like the guy that just slammed your age! Such a classy move by that guy. Geeze

CCBoy

Reaction score
I expect a deep playoff run every year. Catch up! Be a “true Cowboys fan”. Why would anyone be happy with just regular season success? NO ONE!
Why would a player want to play for Dallas? He has the right kind of guts, maybe...with an earned star on the helmet and Cowboys!!

When John Wayne passed away as The Cowboy ... Roger Staubach replaced him as Mr. American Cowboy!!

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Who is “crowing about 12-5”? I haven’t seen anyone.

CCBoy

Reaction score
When the legend becomes fact...print the legend.

What team does every team fan base want to beat?