Why Would Any College Player or Free Agent Want to Play in Dallas?

starman22

Reaction score
Other than playing in a lot of prime time games, why would any college player or free agent want to sign here other than money?
  1. The Jones boys know nothing about building a roster that can mk noise in the playoffs
  2. The Jones boys have put together a 29-year, no div playoff win draught
  3. No one should expect to win a ring to come to this dysfunctional franchise
So to me, players are excited for the $$ and the exposure to prime time games and the microscope our team is always under. But to a player who wants to win a ring, I don't see Dallas as a valid franchise to expect that.
Money is the first priority for any of these kids, as is should be. This is their chance to make enough money to never have to work again.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Romo was also overpaid and has the same inept playoff results as Dak.
Lol, such a lazy response. Romo was a superior player to Dak, never had a real HC besides his rookie season and never had the teams Dak has been running out with the past 3 seasons in the playoffs. Romo also made weak WR great ala Laurent Robinson and Dak regresses great WR ala Amari Cooper. He is trash and everyone knows it. They/we all know he can't win the little game to even get to the not so big game and that is why he is not extended. They are gonna let him walk finally. The past 3 playoff losses with great teams has sealed his fate. With Romo we were never out of a game, with Dak games are over by halftime.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas has won 37 games in the last 3 years. Name the other teams out of the 31 that have done that.
Isn't that the irony they talk about our team as if we're like a 5 and 12 team struggling and I really believe this fan base thinks if we blow things up start over and get a regular GM you know like the 2018 that have finished below us the last three seasons that the miracle things are gonna all be fixed and be better and I think they don't care if we only win six games the next three years they wanna win the offseason they wanna win the draft they want something more fun and exciting to talk about in the offseason except like gearing up to win double digits...

Some of the fan base needs a dose of reality I believe you know like some really really bad years some bad coaches some bad quarterbacks so they can truly match their attitude and perception to this team because right now it doesn't... Look we all want another NFC championship game we all want another championship but this gets blown out of proportion the way they speak of this team is if they don't care about winning and they act like we're like the worst team in the league like bottom 10 the fact is we've been top six and I want more as well but the gloomy attitude is ridiculous I gotta keep saying this but I know it's 33 years of ownership for Jerry Jones he has three titles the other three most talked about DFW sports teams only have three titles amongst them I mean the Dallas Stars have been close a few times they're back again but is that enough they have not won a championship since 1999 the 49ers have not won a championship since 1994 I get we won a little more but there's a reason we're still top three all time in Super Bowls even with this drought because droughts happen championships are hard to win and I don't understand I mean I get the disappointment sure be disappointed sure be very upset when these seasons end the way they do but to talk about our team like they're a bunch of losers you need to wear a bag over your head for is insane...

ksadler1

Reaction score
The Cowboys are the "audition" team of the NFL. Anyone playing for the Cowboys gets exposure for a big payday, once in a while in Dallas. The problem is that Jerry gets too generous at times and refuses to cut ties with certain players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes that all changes when they break through in the playoffs. They are one of the good teams right now. Let's see what happens.
Yes, nothing wrong with a positive outlook moving forward.

But you’re not capable of providing any perspective on the historic futility of the Cowboys in playoffs this era?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And what would you have Jerry do to get them past that? Go out and play QB? That might help actually...
Jethro could begin by stepping down as GM. Bring in someone else not in the family and then empower him to run football operations. Like the rest of the league.

It’s not an automatic solution but at least can hold them accountable and make changes as needed. Jethro could still take credit for hiring the right guy.

Much like with Jimmy when he was in control of football operations. I’d even be in favor of naming a HC as GM as well again . Some teams still do.

This would be a major stride in the right direction. I can’t imagine any fans would still believe a 82 year old owner also wearing the GM hat is still what’s in the best interest of Cowboys Football.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I'm not the one whining
It’s interesting that being an Uber fan since the 60s and then losing confidence in a front office that has one of the worst, most inept playoff record for three decades makes me a whiner. If so then it makes you a fan that is satisfied with winning a wild card game once every ten years. What a low bar of excellence you have.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s interesting that being an Uber fan since the 60s and then losing confidence in a front office that has one of the worst, most inept playoff record for three decades makes me a whiner. If so then it makes you a fan that is satisfied with winning a wild card game once every ten years. What a low bar of excellence you have.
You have nice idea what my bar is, It just get old. Its not easy to win in any league and the whining will not change anything!

ArtClink

Reaction score
You have nice idea what my bar is, It just get old. Its not easy to win in any league and the whining will not change anything!
But what’s easy in this league is winning a measly divisional round playoff game with 29 seasons to try. Only Washington is worse than us in the nfc. Which of these facts are you disputing?

ArtClink

Reaction score
Jethro could begin by stepping down as GM. Bring in someone else not in the family and then empower him to run football operations. Like the rest of the league.

It’s not an automatic solution but at least can hold them accountable and make changes as needed. Jethro could still take credit for hiring the right guy.

Much like with Jimmy when he was in control of football operations. I’d even be in favor of naming a HC as GM as well again . Some teams still do.

This would be a major stride in the right direction. I can’t imagine any fans would still believe a 82 year old owner also wearing the GM hat is still what’s in the best interest of Cowboys Football.
Well said Greggo.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes, nothing wrong with a positive outlook moving forward.

But you’re not capable of providing any perspective on the historic futility of the Cowboys in playoffs this era?
Historically, they have been 1 of the best teams in the league over the last 3 years.

CowboysRule

Reaction score

I can't believe you believe Jerry is actually making all the football decisions. Jerry is basically just giving his stamp of approval at this point. He is the GM in title only.