Video: Why Zeke Couldn't Get Going vs Lions

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Pollard has a 100 yard game on 13 attempts. Is he elite?
Pollard 4.7 ypc
Zeke 4.3 ypc

And, by the way,
Austin 11.0

Seems like the oline can run block for players not named Zeke. Maybe we should give them the ball more often.
CLUELESS........As usual.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
First 3 games, we ran on 1st down 30% of the time. Won 3 games. That was the big difference in the offense coming out this year. Passing on 1st down.

Against Saints and Vikes, we kept failed runs on 1st down while passing on 1st down worked every time.

We probably win 2 or 3 more games if we just did what was working on 1st down.

Thats a typical Garrett offense. Run straight up the middle against stacked boxes on first down. Of course its gets blown up by the defense. They know exactly whats coming. Also, when you have a stacked box, do you expect it to get cleared easily and open holes for Zeke? Nope.

Garrett is the culprit. I think he wants Moore to run more on 1st down with Zeke because he's completely neutered and doesn't have any significant role anymore.

Him calling these predictable run plays up the middle and forcing it on Moore to call it is just another reason why Garrett needs to go. He isn't needed anymore.

ESisback

Reaction score
Skip Bayless said Zeke is number 2 in the league in the amount of runs on 1st downs and 27th in ypc on 1st downs..

I'm sure predictability has nothing to do with it though. Just the decline of Zeke.

Just glad to finally hear someone in the national media speaking on it. At least the first I'v heard.

In regards to the video, sounds like the voice of reason. Makes sense

I'm sure if and when the O-line improves to what it previously has been, Zeke will be praised for losing some weight, working on his burst, finding the whole quicker...etc lol

As usual, I advocate the combination...some predictability, some execution affected by injury, Zeke’s intensity affected in ever so subtle ways, etc.

I do suspect it would be wise to run more in 11 personnel, but I’m kinda light in the loafers in the X and O department....

Hoofbite

Reaction score
He is likely waiting for the station's attorney to sign off in it.

Agreed. I'm not a lawyer, but I would expect any legit sports operation to have lawyers who can work through the idea of "Fair Use".

Based on what I have seen (so-and-so has their video pulled), the idea is pretty subjective and it's only a matter of willingness to fight copyright claims that determines how far a content provider can go.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Which game is this stat from exactly? And are these purely rushing yards/attempts or his receiving yards as well? They don’t use Pollard much in the backfield as much as they use him when they run screens or even use him as a receiver in a gadget type play.

The 100 yard game was 1 game. The YPCs are for the entire year.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pollard has 2 carries per game. Zeke had 11 carries in the last game on first down alone. This is a clear running down for this offense.

Which RB's with worse OL's are outperforming Zeke? How do you know they are worse at run blocking? Where is the proof of this?

Zeke is on pace to have a better year than Emmitt Smith had in the majority of his years in the league.

Pollard has 51 carries, Zeke 194. Those are significant sample sizes.

Emmitt was not an elite back in the majority of his years in the league.

"Where is the proof of this?"

In the Ark of the Covenant. That's where the proof of all player evaluations are stored.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Thats a typical Garrett offense. Run straight up the middle against stacked boxes on first down. Of course its gets blown up by the defense. They know exactly whats coming. Also, when you have a stacked box, do you expect it to get cleared easily and open holes for Zeke? Nope.

Garrett is the culprit. I think he wants Moore to run more on 1st down with Zeke because he's completely neutered and doesn't have any significant role anymore.

Him calling these predictable run plays up the middle and forcing it on Moore to call it is just another reason why Garrett needs to go. He isn't needed anymore.

I tend to think that the first down runs aren't really Moore's idea too. There was a recent quote from someone about the RB coach pushing for "you gotta keep running it up the middle". though I, like Romo, also sense the icy grip of Garrett still on the offense.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett's offense is predictable, dull & dumb ; a show host knows more about how to run zeke than garrett.

Garret is always straight down the middle with 8 in the box .:facepalm:

Nav22

Reaction score
I suspect some people won't like the truth.
Its not because Zeke is slow, fat, unmotivated, or lost it.

This is the second week in a row this guy speaks about the run plays and why they failed.

Funny that you conveniently ignored the video analysis by Brian Baldinger, an ex-NFL offensive lineman, when he showed that Zeke was awful vs the Vikings.

Yeah, the radio guy knows better than Baldinger.
:lmao2:

How many tackles has Zeke broken in the last 2 weeks?

How many defenders has Zeke eluded in the last 2 weeks?

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Pollard has 2 carries per game. Zeke had 11 carries in the last game on first down alone. This is a clear running down for this offense.

Which RB's with worse OL's are outperforming Zeke? How do you know they are worse at run blocking? Where is the proof of this?

Zeke is on pace to have a better year than Emmitt Smith had in the majority of his years in the league.

Pollard has better yards per carry, more yards after contact per carry, and a better rate of broken tackles behind the same offensive line as Zeke. I think people are saying the offensive line is terrible just because it isn't as dominant as in recent years. They still are blocking some plays well. For the most part Zeke is only getting what the oline blockes for him. Zeke has six broken tackles on the year. Dalvin Cook might have had six broken tackles in just the game vs the Cowboys lol.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Good points.
It obvious some guys are getting physically beat in the run game but I am wondering if the problem is mental as much as physical.
It sounds like almost every run play at least 1 guy completely missed the assignment, released his guy too soon, or was just not in the right space.

We don't have the inside scoop to know how much of a difference in play design now vs 2 years ago.

This realization will be dismissed by the anti Zeke trolls we have around here. They prefer to think on the surface and considering the running game problems to be more than just the guy with the ball in his hands will be rejected.
Zeke hisself amassed those "anti-zeke" forces of which you espoused, there Brougham,,, in,of& by his own hando_O

Zman5

Reaction score
Is it the OL or the RB? This was the same question that was asked to devalue how great E. Smith was in the 90s. Haters would say, the OL was the reason Smith was great.
If that was the case, why weren't the other RBs that ran behind the same OL, didn't do as well.

And the fact is that OL was not consider good until Smith was drafted.
The 90s OL consisted of UDFA journeyman (Newton), 8th rounder (Gogan), converted UDFA backup DT(Tuinei), 3rd rounder(Stepnoski), 3rd rounder(E. Williams). Not exactly bunch of players with impressive pedigree.

You can't always expect the OL to block perfectly. Sometimes the RB has to make the OL look good when things aren't blocked as planned. The great ones will do that more often than not.
Zeke used to do that more frequently in 2016 and 2017. He's rarely doing that this year. That's what some of us are seeing and concerned about. Most will acknowledge the OL isn't what it used to be but neither is Zeke.

superonyx

Reaction score
Funny that you conveniently ignored the video analysis by Brian Baldinger, an ex-NFL offensive lineman, when he showed that Zeke was awful vs the Vikings.

Yeah, the radio guy knows better than Baldinger.
:lmao2:

How many tackles has Zeke broken in the last 2 weeks?

How many defenders has Zeke eluded in the last 2 weeks?
Where did I ignore Baldinger? Go to that thread where I addressed that video.
Also stop pretending Baldinger implicated Zeke. That didn’t happen.

you clearly hate that it’s the OL and not the RB.
Sorry facts are hard for you to digest.

You see more than welcomed and even encouraged to post the videos where someone breaks down all the runs and shows us where this is Zekes fault.

I didn’t realize our season was only 2 games?

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
Pollard has 51 carries, Zeke 194. Those are significant sample sizes.

Emmitt was not an elite back in the majority of his years in the league.

"Where is the proof of this?"

In the Ark of the Covenant. That's where the proof of all player evaluations are stored.
Just like I thought.

How about Walter Payton? Zeke is currently pacing to exceed 7 seasons production of Sweetness.

you surface thinking knee jerkers have no facts to post.

Pollard may be a good back. But unless you are 13 you should have learned by now that every team has limited carry backs that have good stats in limited carries and when given the full load it changes. This isn’t a new or radical concept either. Making a Pollard vs Zeke debate just makes you look immature or foolish. What’s Pollards most yards he has had rushing since he graduated high school? It’s just goofy.

Nav22

Reaction score
Where did I ignore Baldinger? Go to that thread where I addressed that video.
Also stop pretending Baldinger implicated Zeke. That didn’t happen.

you clearly hate that it’s the OL and not the RB.
Sorry facts are hard for you to digest.

You see more than welcomed and even encouraged to post the videos where someone breaks down all the runs and shows us where this is Zekes fault.

I didn’t realize our season was only 2 games?
It’s both. I never said the OL was blocking well.

But a good RB has to SOMETIMES make a play on his own. He has to SOMETIMES see that there’s a HUGE opening somewhere that the play isn’t designed to go. He has to SOMETIMES make a guy miss or break a tackle.

Zeke has done NONE of that in the last 2 games, and we’re paying the kid to be ELITE. Hence his horrific rushing numbers the last 2 games.

Baldinger shows those type of plays plain as day. You clearly either haven’t seen them or have chosen to ignore them.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Just like I thought.

How about Walter Payton? Zeke is currently pacing to exceed 7 seasons production of Sweetness.

you surface thinking knee jerkers have no facts to post.

Pollard may be a good back. But unless you are 13 you should have learned by now that every team has limited carry backs that have good stats in limited carries and when given the full load it changes. This isn’t a new or radical concept either. Making a Pollard vs Zeke debate just makes you look immature or foolish. What’s Pollards most yards he has had rushing since he graduated high school? It’s just goofy.

That's my point. You can get similar production with 2-3 solid backs sharing the load. And still pay less than you paid Zeke. Like people talk about Zeke being the rushing leader last year but the Seahawks actually led the league in rushing as a team.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
It’s both. I never said the OL was blocking well.

But a good RB has to SOMETIMES make a play on his own. He has to SOMETIMES see that there’s a HUGE opening somewhere that the play isn’t designed to go. He has to SOMETIMES make a guy miss or break a tackle.

Zeke has done NONE of that in the last 2 games, and we’re paying the kid to be ELITE. Hence his horrific rushing numbers the last 2 games.

Baldinger shows those type of plays plain as day. You clearly either haven’t seen them or have chosen to ignore them.
Oh I see. I’m talking to someone who is arguing from the position that Zeke isn’t even a “good” RB now.

Baldingers 2 plays is like showing Tom Brady’s 2 incompletions and pretending he is awful because a guy was open somewhere. It’s meaningless without looking at all the plays.

You want to support your narrative so you reach for 2 plays that tells you how right you are and pretend to ignore the rest of the truth.

gotcha.

so you ignore the guys who actually speak about every play over 2 games because it doesn’t agree with you and hyper focus on 2 plays that do.

pretty lame dude.

superonyx

Reaction score
That's my point. You can get similar production with 2-3 solid backs sharing the load. And still pay less than you paid Zeke. Like people talk about Zeke being the rushing leader last year but the Seahawks actually led the league in rushing as a team.
The contract ship has sailed.
That war is over. All the troops have returned to their countries and you are still holed up in your foxhole yelling about bombs that aren’t coming.