Wildcard Sat. Games

HungryLion

Reaction score
His point is he doesn't have one. The Rams didn't have any momentum before those fumbles. The Cowboys most definitely did when Switzer changed the game.

None other than Jimmy Johnson talked about the importance of momentum changing plays. The bottom line to me is if the Wonka worker doesn't muff the punt there the Cowboys win that game. The Rams defense was in trouble and the Cowboys offense was getting into a rhythm.

I agree. There is a strong psychological aspect to sports. A teams confidence and mindset during the course of the game has such an impact on performance.

Same principal applies to jump shooters in basketball and how getting into a groove is so important for them.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Collinsworthless is freakin annoying as hell....

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I miss the days when a team would line up in the I-formation, pound you, then go deep with play action.

This shotgun all day, read option, dink and dunk stuff just doesn't feel the same.

It's wuss football. Playing not to lose. :rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A mentally strong team doesn't fall apart because of one play. A soft team does, and soft fans blame everything after that play, on that play.

Yeah that sounds good and everything but the bottom line is turnovers matter. To suggest they don't and you can just make up for it later is myopic. If one or two plays can win or lose you a game then certainly a momentum killing turnover can decide a game.

Like when Ryan Switzer cost the Cowboys the Rams game.

pitt33

Reaction score
His point is he doesn't have one. The Rams didn't have any momentum before those fumbles. The Cowboys most definitely did when Switzer changed the game.

None other than Jimmy Johnson talked about the importance of momentum changing plays. The bottom line to me is if the Wonka worker doesn't muff the punt there the Cowboys win that game. The Rams defense was in trouble and the Cowboys offense was getting into a rhythm.
Jimmy stressed special teams more than any head coach I remember.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
How desperate is the NFL to make football relevant in LA again? Here comes your flag fest to get LA back in the game...:rolleyes:

pitt33

Reaction score
This Rams team reminds me a little of the ‘91 Cowboys team.

Good young team that is a year away.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Goff is a one read QB...locking on his first read...then throws regardless.:rolleyes:

HungryLion

Reaction score
Jimmy stressed special teams more than any head coach I remember.

The truth is Jimmy would bench a player in a nanosecond if they made dumb plays. Unless they were a proven star. Of which Switzer was not. And he made a lot of dumb plays early in the season.

I like Switzer and think he will be good overall. But he was playing dumb early in the season.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Schemed a wide open TD, wish Dallas could do that from time to time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I agree. There is a strong psychological aspect to sports. A teams confidence and mindset during the course of the game has such an impact on performance.

Same principal applies to jump shooters in basketball and how getting into a groove is so important for them.

Tom Brady has never thrown a bad interception? Strong teams bounce back, weak teams crumble. We've seen the latter too often with the 21st century Cowboys.

The 90s Cowboys didn't fall apart when something went wrong. That's one reason why they won titles.

Carson

Reaction score
Man who is the guy on here who hyped Cooper Kupp all last season and draft??

We need to hire him to be a scout!!!

Cheers brother

HungryLion

Reaction score
Can the Falcons beat the Eagles? I don't see why not.

The truth is. Without Wentz the eagles are underdogs to all the playoff teams. With wentz they are favored against them all.

It will take a minor miracle for them to win 2 playoff games with Foles as QB.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would never go into the playoffs with a kicker with two games of NFL experience.