Will Dak Get Replaced by Cooper Rush During Reg Season

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I should get applause for not being the one to start this thread. :cool:

That said, isn't Dallas switching to an offense based on quick timing throws and allowing the WR's to make the plays instead of the deep pass? Sounds like it would suit Rush if the need required him. lol

shabazz

Reaction score
If Dak gets replaced by Rush it will be because of injury only. As a critic of Dak, I’m not biased enough to think that their talent level is even close.

however, I’m more a critic of the FO than of Dak because they havent done much to shore up the backup qb position, much less draft one in the first 3 rounds so they can DEVELOP one for the future.

Having said that, I don’t give a rip if Dak comes nowhere close to an MVP season…..I just want to see him have the best playoffs of his career and put the team on his back if the running game falters. This franchise, it’s fans and its players deserve to have just one excellent postseason……..just 1

plymkr

Reaction score
If Dak gets replaced by Rush it will be because of injury only. As a critic of Dak, I’m not biased enough to think that their talent level is even close.

however, I’m more a critic of the FO than of Dak because they havent done much to shore up the backup qb position, much less draft one in the first 3 rounds so they can DEVELOP one for the future.

Having said that, I don’t give a rip if Dak comes nowhere close to an MVP season…..I just want to see him have the best playoffs of his career and put the team on his back if the running game falters. This franchise, it’s fans and its players deserve to have just one excellent postseason……..just 1
I agree, we do deserve a good postseason. I also agree that Dak isn’t going to be replaced. I’m a Dak critic but with that being said anyone who can’t see the talent difference between Dak and Cooper is not watching the games. We would win the Super Bowl if we could combine Dak’s talent with Cooper’s decision making.

Sandyf

Reaction score
LOL, I guess anything to start a thread about Dak. It is getting beyond funny. If Rush was such a great QB then one of the other 31 teams would have signed him as a free agent this past off season. Why? Because no one here can name 31 other very good starting QBs in the NFL.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seems like Jerry has moved on esp if Dak keeps throwing picks. Will Jerry mk the move (bypassing the current patsy hc) and bench Dak. What say you?
First of all there's already a thread about this exact same thing maybe you should read secondly just like people posted there it's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard Cooper rush cannot win games with a team unless it's absolutely perfect on offense defense special teams and the play calling he needs a strong run game if he has to score a lot of points he's terrible he's absolutely terrible Cooper rush is not the answer for anyone you wanna know why I know he's still here he's been exposed so much over his career on the practice squad he's been a free agent and you know what he couldn't even make the giant squad the man is so overrated it's insane to have fans even think that it's OK to insert this guy over Prescott Prescott on his worst day is better than Cooper rush show me where Cooper rush could even put up 23 touchdowns and 15 interceptions and I'll show you that's the best Troy Aikman ever did that is literally Troy 's best year 23 touchdowns Yep I'm not lying and yet here we are just ripping on Prescott who's also a top ten quarterback and rush was ranked like 40 something yeah the preseason rankings of quarterbacks he made like 40 he's not even the top backup in the league.. The only way Cooper rush is gonna get on the field is it Prescott hurt and you better pray that we have a stretch like we had last time Cooper rush had to play we're our our team was absolutely perfect they played a perfect five or six games in a row and we could have played the Wildcat and won those games they literally were that good on the rest of the team..

That's the truth there is no other truth Cooper rush is not a good quarterback he will not get on the field unless Prescott is injured..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree, we do deserve a good postseason. I also agree that Dak isn’t going to be replaced. I’m a Dak critic but with that being said anyone who can’t see the talent difference between Dak and Cooper is not watching the games. We would win the Super Bowl if we could combine Dak’s talent with Cooper’s decision making.
Yeah they think it's a small gap and then they look at the money and go it's a big gap so if there's a small gap in talent why don't we just cut that and play rough yeah we call that being delusional there you didn't look at the real stats they look at the real play and realize that Cooper rush is about the most overrated backup in the history of the Dallas Cowboys the Dallas Cowboys team could not have played better during that five game stretch and he still made a lot of mistakes and couldn't score and he had us in the bottom 10 in offense... The gap is so ridiculous that Prescott ranked between 6:00 and 10:00 in the league on most people's rankings and I believe Cooper rush made that 34 to 40 area that's how the league sees him he's not even the best backup.. And you're correct there's no way Cooper rush is getting in because he Prescott's worst games are Cooper rushes ceiling... I have to keep reminding people as good as Troy was his best season was 23 touchdowns and he also had 15 interceptions we went to a Super Bowl with his backup playing Steve Berlin for a while but Troy in an injury riddled deer could only put out 13 touchdowns and 12 interceptions and yeah they won the Super bowl but I watched the Super bowl this dude was washed up dinking and dunking in leaning on the run game..

This is not hyperbole these are all facts this is historic fax all in black and white and people just don't want to admit it.. There's only about 6 quarterbacks that would be acceptable and better than Prescott if you're gonna choose a guy to replace him because he's not playing well you're gonna have to move up above him to go get that guy you know that's starting for other teams that's the reality there aren't really any backups in this NFL that are better than prescott even on his worst day.

That's a fact I don't know how to put it any other way people are delusional with this Cooper rush thing they need to go back and watch the same film the other GM's have and real fans remember he didn't do much of anything at all in those games and he made a lot of mistakes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Funny, the full Indy-Cowboy game came on my Youtube feed and this stat came on while I was watching...

Cooper Rush - 5 games

21 ppg - 19th in NFL
312 yds/gm - 23rd in NFL
35% 3rd down conv. - 27th in NFL

Last 5 games with Dak

34 ppg - 1st in NFL
416 yds/gm - 2nd in NFL
57% 3rd down conv. - 1st in NFL

Unless Dak falls off a very high cliff and Rush turns into the second coming of Tom Brady...just dont see it happening.
Yes thank you but I've been saying this since last year Cooper rush is the most overrated backup in the league right now and the GM's already made that clear because they didn't go after him but our fan base thinks he's good Prescott on his worst day and his worst season it's so much better than Cooper rush Cooper rush is stealing is Prescott's worst..

jujoboys

Reaction score
Things people forget. In the 4 games that Rush won last year the defense allowed a total of 53 points or 13.25 points per game. Most NFL QBs with a pulse would have a chance of winning those 4 games. The defense was completely dominate in those 4 games. Then came the Philly game where Rush finally had to make plays to try and win a game. He went 18 of 38 (47.4%) with 1 TD and 3 INTs against Philly. How did Dak do against Philly later that year? No thanks on Rush and his lollipop passes that hang in the air. Our best bet this year is going with Dak. If Dak doesn't get it done this year then it is time to start shopping for a QB next year because Rush and Grier are not the answer.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Personally, they are setting him up for a major fall this coming season.
He will be lost out there without Zeke and Schultz.
No way Pollard and the little man carry this train wreck of an offense.
He will have to pass and man close your eyes as we are going to see more of these come Sept.
His downfall will start in the locker room as his teammates have sacrificed enough for Mr.Prescott!

oh, I am going to keep this one post and throw it in your face very soon in the seaso.

he is going to be lost without slowpoke Zeke and Schultz.

that's funny. and you just dissed on pollard...awsome

this is the funniest post yet...

:thumbup:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
yet cooper had a better winning % lol.
Stats dont matter it is about winning games.

But yeah jerry aint replacing dak, cooper plays only if dak is banged up or cant play.
so wins and losses in your opinion are a QB stat? just want to hear you say it. or watch you squirm trying to spin it. :thumbup:

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Let's be honest here. If Dak has another season where he tosses INTs and fails to go deep into the playoffs, two things will happen.
1) Dak will get a contract extension.
2) MM will be fired.

It's what Jerry does...