Will Dak Get Replaced by Cooper Rush During Reg Season

Qcard

Reaction score
Seems like Jerry has moved on esp if Dak keeps throwing picks. Will Jerry mk the move (bypassing the current patsy hc) and bench Dak. What say you?
I say Dak Haters are clueless....

Cooper Rush doesn't have the talent to EARN a Starting QB1 in camp!!

Why is the Coop Troope so Entitled!!

Waiting for hands out...

Be a Man picks a Fight with Prescott :laugh: :hammer:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only way that Cooper Rush will ever start a game for the Dallas Cowboys is if Dak is injured and physically cannot play.

Cooper had a great five game run. In the first four games he didn't have a single turnover. During those four games, Cooper averaged 193 yards passing. He ran with the ball 9 times for a total of 6 yards. The Cowboys averaged 22 points a game during those four games.

Meanwhile, the defense averaged 14 points allowed per game.

Cooper did everything that was asked of him. He wasn't asked to do the things you would expect of a starter. He was asked to stay within his limited skill set and not make mistakes.

In game #5 against the Eagles, he had to attempt more than what would be expected and we witnessed the reason for the limited expectations.

In the previous four games the Cowboys scored first each time. In that 5th game for Cooper, the Eagles scored first. Cooper's very next pass after the Eagles score was an INT.

The Eagles used the short field to score again. Cooper and the offense followed that up with a four and out. The 4th and 1 failed with an incomplete pass. The Eagles used that short field for a field goal.

Now losing 17-0, Cooper threw another INT on their next drive. For the 3rd consecutive drive, the Eagles started in Cowboys territory and ended with their 4th score of the game, another field goal.

Turpin returned the ensuing kickoff 63 yards, enabling Maher to end the first half with a field goal.

In the first four games the Cowboys defense was able to limit the opponent's scoring, the Cowboys offense needed minimal productivity to win. This is not a criticism of Cooper Rush. Any criticism should go to someone that places expectations on Cooper beyond that of a busdriver with limited productivity.
finally somebody who understands a little about football. the defense won those games and when we gave up more than 20 points, we lost the game. as a matter of fact, if not for the defense, the Rams game would have been lose. the defense literally scored a TD. they alsgave the offense the ball inside 25 which they mustered 5 yards and a field goal.

so slight correction, cooper rush led offense actually average 20.2 points per game.

without defense playing like they did. 13.5 points per game, that would put that defense #1 scoring defense by 3 points for the season the team would have zero chance. the Rams and Eagles game proved that.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Only if Dak gets hurt. I think the Cowboys are all in on Dak mentality and emotionally. I don't think Jerry Jones will bench him even if he is sticking up the joint. It will be Dak for the next few years.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Things people forget. In the 4 games that Rush won last year the defense allowed a total of 53 points or 13.25 points per game. Most NFL QBs with a pulse would have a chance of winning those 4 games. The defense was completely dominate in those 4 games. Then came the Philly game where Rush finally had to make plays to try and win a game. He went 18 of 38 (47.4%) with 1 TD and 3 INTs against Philly. How did Dak do against Philly later that year? No thanks on Rush and his lollipop passes that hang in the air. Our best bet this year is going with Dak. If Dak doesn't get it done this year then it is time to start shopping for a QB next year because Rush and Grier are not the answer.
:hammer:

but but but the defense played better because of Rush :grin:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I should get applause for not being the one to start this thread. :cool:

That said, isn't Dallas switching to an offense based on quick timing throws and allowing the WR's to make the plays instead of the deep pass? Sounds like it would suit Rush if the need required him. lol
what!!??

:huh:

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Waiting for hands out...

No surprise you playing that card as usual.

kskboys

Reaction score

Waiting for hands out...

The rest of your post is all true, but why are you so obsessed w/ a few haters?

Qcard

Reaction score
The rest of your post is all true, but why are you so obsessed w/ a few haters?
I am the Dak Hater Progenitor. I am a jealous creator. I created them for my pleasure. Dak Haters are the apple of my eye!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Things people forget. In the 4 games that Rush won last year the defense allowed a total of 53 points or 13.25 points per game. Most NFL QBs with a pulse would have a chance of winning those 4 games. The defense was completely dominate in those 4 games. Then came the Philly game where Rush finally had to make plays to try and win a game. He went 18 of 38 (47.4%) with 1 TD and 3 INTs against Philly. How did Dak do against Philly later that year? No thanks on Rush and his lollipop passes that hang in the air. Our best bet this year is going with Dak. If Dak doesn't get it done this year then it is time to start shopping for a QB next year because Rush and Grier are not the answer.
:hammer:Facts 100%

Qcard

Reaction score
No surprise you playing that card as usual.

After 8 Offseasons and getting passed on by 32 teams this past Offseason, you'd think Cooper Rush would at least improve his Offseason LEG Day....4 games worth of Power...Earn a Job!! :muttley::lmao::lmao2:

Qcard

Reaction score
They probably wanted to cuss Rush in that Philly game last year. I'm sure there were more than a few biting their tongues.
Cooper Rush is a great teammate.

It's the Dak Haters and Coop Troop who SELL Cooper Rush beyond his capabilities....

Dak Haters would RATHER LOSE with Cooper Rush than win anything

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Cooper Rush is a great teammate.

It's the Dak Haters and Coop Troop who SELL Cooper Rush beyond his capabilities....

Dak Haters would RATHER LOSE with Cooper Rush than win anything
Sort of like Dakfanatics would rather support Dak even when he costs Dallas playoff games.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Another point. Cooper Rush was a free agent this year. He went into free agency and all we heard were crickets. Dallas ended up signing him to a 2 year contract worth up to $6 million. What do you think the response would have been if Dak were allowed to go into free agency this year? Danny Dink and Dunk with the Giants got 4 years $160 million with additional incentives possible. I bet Dak would have gotten more than that in free agency. The demand would definitely be much greater than Cooper Rush. IMO, Rush is lucky to be a backup in the NFL. Last year was fool's gold.