Will defense fix the tells the Rams saw in playoffs?

Cowboy-33

Reaction score
The Rams swear they knew what our defensive line was doing “90% of the time”. They saw signals and read the way our tackles lined up to know if stunts were coming etc. I tend to believe them considering how they ran over us at will.

Will Rod and Kris be smarter this year to keep teams from knowing our scheme as it happens?

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
From what I understand the Rams were picking up our stunts because we tip them in our alignment. Since then it's been well-publicized, if our coaches do not make the necessary adjustments they really don't need to be coaches on any level. Here's hoping that on the biggest stage the smallest of details do not go unnoticed.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
The players will just have to try harder to execute, and management will have to bring in better players. The coaches shouldn't have to change anything, is what I'm assuming Garrett thinks if the last 8 years are any indication. Why JJ can't see that this thinking has wasted the roster he and Mclay have created is beyond me. A better coach can win with the talent we have. Right now we have an anchor at coach.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I still wonder if Richard going off on interviews had an effect on that game.
Seems feasible to me. The younger coach has a chance to get a new gig, the old coach tells him to "Go, I got this. Focus on getting the head coach gig."
Make some sense to me.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I still wonder if Richard going off on interviews had an effect on that game.
Seems feasible to me. The younger coach has a chance to get a new gig, the old coach tells him to "Go, I got this. Focus on getting the head coach gig."
Make some sense to me.

That's a fair assumption. I agree it probably was part of it. Also, as widely noted, LVE
was incredibly sick. He was also part of it. The DL tipping off their stunts was another part.

The final score wasn't nearly as bad, but it reminded me of when the Lions, and the great Eric Hipple (lol)
waxed us 38-6 in the playoffs. The offense in that game played as poorly as the defense did in LA.

Hey, hopefully history repeats itself... we can only hope... lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The Rams swear they knew what our defensive line was doing “90% of the time”. They saw signals and read the way our tackles lined up to know if stunts were coming etc. I tend to believe them considering how they ran over us at will.

Will Rod and Kris be smarter this year to keep teams from knowing our scheme as it happens?

The correct answer is... I hope so.
I can't blame anyone who says 'no'. We've all been jaded at times
by the team we love, or hate to love (hope that covers everyone... lol).

Mr_437

Reaction score
Most couldn't execute like the Rams did vs DAL. I'll just give McVay and company credit the handled business, but Rod n Richard need to do better...they called a good season tho.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Most couldn't execute like the Rams did vs DAL. I'll just give McVay and company credit the handled business, but Rod n Richard need to do better...they called a good season tho.

Good point. The Rams earned it. They were the better team.
I hope to see the team live up to a re-match. We have improved our
roster. The return of Fredbeard is huge, assuming he's at full go.

I predict the Quinn acquisition will payoff big.
Connor Williams is primed to show he was a 2nd round steal.
A full season from Amari Cooper. The best WR here since Michael Irvin... (lol, yeah, I said it.)
I'm going to call'em "The Twins", LVE and Jaylon Smith. They're gonna be fun to watch.
This is the year, I'm telling ya. It's our time! I've waited long enough, damnit!

Alright, alright!!!.... Whew, that escalated quickly. I'm gonna go lift weights now... lol.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

We have the same coaches. Very stubborn and obtuse in their playcalling.

The players will just have to try harder to execute, and management will have to bring in better players. The coaches shouldn't have to change anything, is what I'm assuming Garrett thinks if the last 8 years are any indication. Why JJ can't see that this thinking has wasted the roster he and Mclay have created is beyond me. A better coach can win with the talent we have. Right now we have an anchor at coach.

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

YOU GUYS,all three of you, my fellow footballing savvy to the COWBOY'S WAY, are hereby awarded +1 point each, fer' expressing to printed post,the immediate thoughts of each& every standing rank member in the legion FANDOM:D

:yourock::thumbup::yourock:

:flagwave::oldcouple::flagwave:

:starspin::clap::starspin:

* "
cuz' I know it's true,,, Oh, so true!,,, CUZ' I saw it on T.V.",,, TOO!

:star: *CCR*:star:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
From what I understand the Rams were picking up our stunts because we tip them in our alignment. Since then it's been well-publicized, if our coaches do not make the necessary adjustments they really don't need to be coaches on any level. Here's hoping that on the biggest stage the smallest of details do not go unnoticed.
Not so sure about that.

You can know something might be happening..

But you still have to stop it.

So it's more that the Rams had personnel that was better than ours.

At least that day. It happens.

Do you change everything becuz somebody said this?

I think not.

To me the problem was the defense was clearly not ready to play that day.

I thought that was not Marinelli..but Richard.

He was off doing coaching interviews all week while the rest of the team was preparing.

I put the blame at his feet.

Notice the cries about Richard leaving for another job have gone silent.

That defensive failure should give us all pause about just how good he is.

Displays like that can kill your career.

He was released from Seattle for a reason.

It's obvious this draft is going to be about defense.

How much Richard affects the picks will be interesting.

The talk about safeties and CBs being the biggest needs falls directly at his feet to know who to pursue and at what price.

Hmmmm...

:rolleyes:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Not so sure about that.

You can know something might be happening..

But you still have to stop it.

So it's more that the Rams had personnel that was better than ours.

At least that day. It happens.

Do you change everything becuz somebody said this?

I think not.

To me the problem was the defense was clearly not ready to play that day.

I thought that was not Marinelli..but Richard.

He was off doing coaching interviews all week while the rest of the team was preparing.

I put the blame at his feet.

Notice the cries about Richard leaving for another job have gone silent.

That defensive failure should give us all pause about just how good he is.

Displays like that can kill your career.

He was released from Seattle for a reason.

It's obvious this draft is going to be about defense.

How much Richard affects the picks will be interesting.

The talk about safeties and CBs being the biggest needs falls directly at his feet to know who to pursue and at what price.

Hmmmm...

:rolleyes:
* valid point of ponderation* :starspin:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
They'll fix the DL alignments, but the broader issue is that this is a very predictable team in general. I remember when Janoris Jenkins just absolutely shut Dez down in I think 2016 - 1 catch on 7 targets. The media asked him how he did it, and he flat out said: this team has very predictable tendencies. Every time Dez released inside, he was going to run a square-in, so Jenkins could pretty much sit out that route as soon as Dez broke. Two years later, we have Cooper griping about the same thing - the coaches know about the weaknesses in their scheme but nothing has changed.

IMO, it is a result of having unimaginative coaches who have just been in place for way too long.