CFZ Will McClay is more valuable than any coach here

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Switzer - "Dumb and Dumber"
Gailey - Michael Irvin and the Triplets ran him out of town...and Michael still talks about how clueless he was.
Campo - Scuba Dave...IDIOT.
Parcells - NOT AN IDIOT...carpetbagger...but Parcells started the turnaround.
Wade Phillips - IDIOT...in fact, he's the defensive MM. Great coordinator...awful, uninspiring and clueless head coach.
Garrett - Not an IDIOT...but staying with him 10 years was idiocy. And it was mostly because Jerry wanted to feel "comfortable".
McCarthy - a bumbling reactive doofus who STILL HASN'T FIGURED OUT LATE GAME CLOCK MANAGEMENT AND ACCORDING TO JIMMY JOHNSON HAS DELEGATED THIS TO SCHOTTENHEIMER.

Did I stutter? IDIOT AFTER IDIOT AFTER IDIOT.
I don't understand your argument on McCarthy. Coach delegates a known weakness to someone else in an effort to improve a facet of their game management....seems to me to be a strong trait.

rambo2

Reaction score
Switzer - "Dumb and Dumber"
Gailey - Michael Irvin and the Triplets ran him out of town...and Michael still talks about how clueless he was.
Campo - Scuba Dave...IDIOT.
Parcells - NOT AN IDIOT...carpetbagger...but Parcells started the turnaround.
Wade Phillips - IDIOT...in fact, he's the defensive MM. Great coordinator...awful, uninspiring and clueless head coach.
Garrett - Not an IDIOT...but staying with him 10 years was idiocy. And it was mostly because Jerry wanted to feel "comfortable".
McCarthy - a bumbling reactive doofus who STILL HASN'T FIGURED OUT LATE GAME CLOCK MANAGEMENT AND ACCORDING TO JIMMY JOHNSON HAS DELEGATED THIS TO SCHOTTENHEIMER.

Did I stutter? IDIOT AFTER IDIOT AFTER IDIOT.
Lol, enjoy the ride.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear this next man up crap way too much
What was it like before McClay?
Tell me how did next man up work for the Pats when Brady left?
So you gonna cry if he leaves? Tell me how that is gonna help?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so you going to think up more excuses?
I don't make excuses or cry about things i can't control
Found out a long time ago when I grew up that yelling at the TV or computer does nothing but ruin the game for me.
Hope it works for you, we're all different

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
I don't understand your argument on McCarthy. Coach delegates a known weakness to someone else in an effort to improve a facet of their game management....seems to me to be a strong trait.
That's like a parent delegating disciplining to the babysitter. Some things ONLY THE HEAD COACH CAN AND SHOULD DECIDE. To me, late game clock management is one of them. The 3 consecutive passes with under 2 min left is an example of why this is flawed. How can MM make good decisions on the play call when he's not even conscious of the late-game clock management because he delegated that to the guy who is upstairs?

I can't think of a good coach who has done this. Not Landry. Parcells. Jimmy. Belichick. NONE. Find someone that can chew gum and walk at the same time.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Look, I don’t want to lose Dan Quinn, but he’s likely gone if he wants a HC job. Which is exactly what reliable Cowboys insiders like David Moore and Bob Sturm have reported this week. It’s not about the money for him now- it’s about being a HC again.

But losing assistant coaches is a normal occurrence when your team is winning. Over the great history of this franchise, we have lost some great assistants to head coaching jobs. Dan Reeves, Mike Ditka, Gene Stallings, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis, Sean Payton, just to name a few. It’s a normal occurrence when your team is winning. I expect no amount of Jerry money can keep Dan Quinn if he has the head coaching bug again.

Will McClay is the guy we can least afford to lose. The quality of drafts and player personnel improvements over the last decade is a straight line to McClay. The much improved talent level of this organization is due To McClay’s ability to scout and identify talent.

Put it this way - Without Will McClay, this organization is back to fantasy football drafts with Jerry and Giggles. Remember the “special teams draft“ of 2009? Remember the WR trades for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?

If that gives you a sick feeling like me, we all need to pray Jerry either decides to name WIll McClay the new GM of the Cowboys or that McClay continues to want to be the man in the shadows while Jerry and Giggles get the “credit”.
I would add that Mike McCarthy is the most important coach we have in the staff. If Quinn must be replaced, I hope we keep Al Harris, and get a DC who stresses run defense. We need to be stronger on the interior the front 7, while keeping our secondary intact for pass defense.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
If Quinn leaves, and Kellen Moore doesn’t get a head coaching offer, would it shock anyone if Moore is offered the OC job from Quinn?

I don’t think the Cowboys had/have a poor opinion of Kellen Moore. I just think McCarthy wanted a more hands on approach to the offense for himself. Moore did help lead the NFL in offense. So, I see no reason why Quinn wouldn’t seriously consider Moore - especially if he decides to take the Chargers job, where Moore is already under contract.

Majic

Reaction score
Look, I don’t want to lose Dan Quinn, but he’s likely gone if he wants a HC job. Which is exactly what reliable Cowboys insiders like David Moore and Bob Sturm have reported this week. It’s not about the money for him now- it’s about being a HC again.

But losing assistant coaches is a normal occurrence when your team is winning. Over the great history of this franchise, we have lost some great assistants to head coaching jobs. Dan Reeves, Mike Ditka, Gene Stallings, Dave Wannstedt, Butch Davis, Sean Payton, just to name a few. It’s a normal occurrence when your team is winning. I expect no amount of Jerry money can keep Dan Quinn if he has the head coaching bug again.

Will McClay is the guy we can least afford to lose. The quality of drafts and player personnel improvements over the last decade is a straight line to McClay. The much improved talent level of this organization is due To McClay’s ability to scout and identify talent.

Put it this way - Without Will McClay, this organization is back to fantasy football drafts with Jerry and Giggles. Remember the “special teams draft“ of 2009? Remember the WR trades for Joey Galloway and Roy Williams?

If that gives you a sick feeling like me, we all need to pray Jerry either decides to name WIll McClay the new GM of the Cowboys or that McClay continues to want to be the man in the shadows while Jerry and Giggles get the “credit”.
Disagree with you on both points. DQ won't get a HC job this cycle in my opinion, I think he is well down the pecking order. McClay has got some things right and somethings wrong. I've never seen this mastermind pulling the strings and keeping the Jones' in check. I believe the scouting department deserve more credit.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Nice post! Agree! This morning on the Ticket round table they discussed he and Quinn going somewhere as a package

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Disagree. MM is far more valuable than Will Mcclay. The way our drafts are setup, it’s not run by 1 man - definitely not run by WM. Yes, he’s at the top of the chain, but he’s part of the system. He deserves a ton of credit but he can be replaced far easier than MM

What MM has done this year with Dak Prescott isn’t getting enough attention. That’s the guy we cannot lose. Thankfully , he isn’t going anywhere unless we get rid of him.
Well that and the fact that if you actually review the draft classes they become much less impressive.

It's just odd timing after a dreadful draft this year to say the guy who runs our draft board is the most important to retain.

Will McClay now is what Stephen Jones used to be 20 years ago.

JBS

Reaction score
Well that and the fact that if you actually review the draft classes they become much less impressive.

It's just odd timing after a dreadful draft this year to say the guy who runs our draft board is the most important to retain.

Will McClay now is what Stephen Jones used to be 20 years ago.
They told me it was a home run draft in training camp