Win two playoff games or else

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With all his faults he has us there this year. You say but he hasnt done it. 86% chance we win the NFCE but taking no more bets
He's our HC for the foreseeable future.

Winning the NFC East and winning playoff games is two completely different things monkey.........you should know that by now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So Garrett wins 1 playoff game in 8 years and you say he should get a pass..................meanwhile.......

McCarthy over 13 seasons, wins 10 playoff games, and wins the SB as well...........and gets fired.

I guess the Packers have higher standards than you do.
No, you’re lumping it all together .

I said he should get a pass for that 2014 team being torn apart.

Again, we don’t follow the same standards as the rest of NFL with Jerry’s standards and why normal protocol and solutions don’t necessarily apply with our dysfunctional organization.

Jerry has lowered the bar here, not me. I’ve just adjusted my expectations accordingly.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Lol...people keep moving the bar, 4-5 weeks ago it was playoffs or bust,...lol
What people say they’d do and what they think Jerry will do are two different things. I feel like I’ve consistently seen people say they think Jerry keeps JG if he makes the playoffs, but that they personally think the bar to say should be higher than that such as a NFC championship game appearance. So I don’t think the bar is changing, there are just several bars that get mentioned.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Winning the NFC East and winning playoff games is two completely different things monkey.........you should know that by now.
what I know and what I accept as valid are also two different things.
While its true this is a down year so was the 2011 Giants road to victory.
My defense is its obvious this team is growing and becoming a contender
peace

Mannix

Reaction score
------Lol...people keep moving the bar, 4-5 weeks ago it was playoffs or bust,...lol

Going into the last few seasons, it's been tough talk about DEEP in the playoffs or bust.

waving monkey

Reaction score
No, you’re lumping it all together .

I said he should get a pass for that 2014 team being torn apart.

Again, we don’t follow the same standards as the rest of NFL with Jerry’s standards and why normal protocol and solutions don’t necessarily apply with our dysfunctional organization.

Jerry has lowered the bar here, not me. I’ve just adjusted my expectations accordingly.
I like your reply but this will fall on deaf ears.
We can live with the new reality [20+years] I see a new hope and if others cant see it their choosing to be blind.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I'm not necessarily advocating for Garrett here, but what happens if we can him and subsequently hire a worse HC? This is a real possibility. Hiring a new HC does not mean we are guaranteed to get better results, and we may get worse.

So you shouldn't search for a better coach because he might be worse?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I like your reply but this will fall on deaf ears.
We can live with the new reality [20+years] I see a new hope and if others cant see it their choosing to be blind.
The wagons have been circling Garrett for years but there’s only one wagon that counts.

I’d argue thus far I have a better grasp and sense on Jerry’s pulse and our dysfunctional organization.

Continuing to call for Garrett’s firing is a false hope by fans however accurate or just it is. We will need to find another way to win without a greater HC. And look for support to maximize Garrett’s assets.

The more talent Garrett has the more success he has.

Last edited:

MikeT22

Reaction score
------Lol...people keep moving the bar, 4-5 weeks ago it was playoffs or bust,...lol

Going into the last few seasons, it's been tough talk about DEEP in the playoffs or bust.

With Jerry it's as long as Garrett still has a pulse.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
So you shouldn't search for a better coach because he might be worse?

That's a totally fair counter question. I have just noticed that among Cowboys fans (and the NFL in general), people think switching head coaches is just going to be the guaranteed, easy fix.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not necessarily advocating for Garrett here, but what happens if we can him and subsequently hire a worse HC? This is a real possibility. Hiring a new HC does not mean we are guaranteed to get better results, and we may get worse.

They should be able to get an idea of who who or would not take the job by talking to agents.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?

The problem is that it's difficult to hire a new HC if the team goes to the playoffs.

It's best when the HC is fired before the end of the season. Then the front office has time to find the right HC.

zerofill

Reaction score
He's not going anywhere, if they even miss the playoffs. Linehan will be on the 3:10 to Yuma and maybe Moore.

To think Garrett will be fired is to ignore why he is the HC in the first place.

Yep when you have an owner that comes out and says who is starting and who isn't... Do you think that owner wants anyone other than Garrett? LOL

zerofill

Reaction score
Win one playoff game see Garret 10 more years.

he isn't going anywhere if we lose the rest of the games this year lol... No matter if we want it or not, it just isn't going to happen. Mainly for the same thing I said above.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Good post. I guess my response to the impressive 5 year Garrett numbers is he never seems to be able to put together any momentum- no back to back playoff seasons.

His limitations show up exactly in the playoffs. Everyone is playing full blast. You don't get a try hard edge. You have to execute. You have to make good decisions. In a close game against a good team, clock management is key.

No matter the quality of the team, I don't see us getting through 3 games to a SB with Garrett as HC.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Linehan and Alfred E Neuman must go. No matter what.
We'll see what team shows up for the Egals before I decide on Garrett.