Win two playoff games or else

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry can win. And if he does has placed himself in position to take credit with a lesser HC like Garrett.

I give Garrett a pass only because of our dysfunctional situation. And I truly believe he’s the best puppet we could hope for with Jerry. Best I’ve seen so far anyway.

Nice to see you admit that you "give Garrett a pass."
:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think some fans just need more hope to follow and support. This all stems from our championship history.

I learned much when I used to travel with the team visiting dormant franchises like in Detroit and then New Orleans.

Those fans didn't expect to contend for championships. They still enjoyed themselves. And they didn’t have a handicap like with Jerrys agendas.

I wonder how many years or more decades it will take without another championship for all Cowboy fans to lower the bar with Jerry?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Nice to see you admit that you "give Garrett a pass."
:thumbup:
Well, you’ve admitted you give Jerry a pass. It is what it is.

Of course my pass comes with exceptions and conditions. He wouldn’t get a pass from me anywhere else.

I go to bat for what I believe in as I assume you do. And Bob does as well.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Actually, 8 is just the number of seasons JG has been HC. I didn’t arbitrarily pick that number. If I was in charge, Garrett would have been fired last year or perhaps 2015. Most organizations in the NFL don’t tolerate mediocrity. The number of seasons for the organizations winning SBs is 4-5 for a head coach to win...or else.

So if you think I’m “pulling a number out of the sky”, you’re wrong. If you think I have high expectations for my favorite football team you would be right.
Still arbitrary. :rolleyes: I'm sorry you have a problem with that word.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you’ve admitted you give Jerry a pass. It is what it is.

What "it is" is more fabrication on your part. A trend.

Of course my pass comes with exceptions and conditions. He wouldn’t get a pass from me anywhere else.

I go to bat for what I believe in as I assume you do. And Bob does as well.

The problem is, you're seeing what you want to see. And making up "facts" as you see fit.

I'm not "giving Jerry a pass" and neither am I "going to bat for him". But unlike you, I can see past either/or and see a bigger picture. Jerry's faults are Jerry's faults. Never denied. But not a get out of jail free card for everyone else. See how that works? Not either/or, but both. Bigger picture thinking.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think they are just using where we are at, most of us were done at 7, some at 6, I was done after the last playoff loss. I realized he is not the person to get them over the top. He can take you to the dance but he should be a wallflower when he gets there; unless you want him stepping on your feet while trying to waltz.
My point is... seems last season would have done it for most fans. Why dismiss that season and wait for another season when we are on a winning streak to make this declaration?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What "it is" is more fabrication on your part. A trend.

The problem is, you're seeing what you want to see. And making up "facts" as you see fit.

I'm not "giving Jerry a pass" and neither am I "going to bat for him". But unlike you, I can see past either/or and see a bigger picture. Jerry's faults are Jerry's faults. Never denied. But not a get out of jail free card for everyone else. See how that works? Not either/or, but both. Bigger picture thinking.
I express my beliefs as truth , as I see it. Not facts as you’re interpreting. We’ve been over this before.

The bigger picture all revolves around Jerry. If he wants to retain Garrett then we either need to figure out another way to win( as I often plead for) or accept the bar being lowered which is what I’m otherwise suggesting.

The pass comes in when we admit the handicaps and hindrances Jerry presents but still expect normal results.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Greggo, each fan can have their own expectations. Why is it important for all fans to believe the same version of this team’s problems, expectations and dysfunction?

You know very well that I’m fully aware that this is probably the most dysfunctional organization in pro sports. I get it. Jerry is an idiot. I know. But this is my opinion. I think this team is good enough to have a deep playoff run. If they don’t do it...AGAIN...then I believe Garrett should be held accountable.

No one has to agree with me. I’ve been wrong a million times before, so I don’t form opinions based on how they look to others. It’s just my opinion. Yours is different. Cool. I’m not trying to talk you out of yours. I like that you express your opinions and I sometimes agree with them. You’re one of the best Cowboys fans I know brother. But I don’t accept that this team is always going to suck because of the idiot in charge. Maybe I’m crazy, lol.
There you go again pulling arbitrary numbers out of the sky. Do you know how many times you would have to be wrong each day of your life to be wrong a million times at this point in your life? It's mind-boggling. Please stop denying you don't pull arbitrary numbers out of the sky when you post or at least admit they are arbitrary.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I express my beliefs as truth , as I see it. Not facts as you’re interpreting. We’ve been over this before.

And you continue to get it wrong.

The bigger picture all revolves around Jerry. If he wants to retain Garrett then we either need to figure out another way to win( as I often plead for) or accept the bar being lowered which is what I’m otherwise suggesting.

Yeah, the two ways you see it are our only options. Do you actually read what you type?
:facepalm:

The pass comes in when we admit the handicaps and hindrances Jerry presents but still expect normal results.

The pass never comes in. Ever. But as is clear here, you can't see past the nose on your face.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I could see Jerry pursuing Riley as OC. But as HC?

Riley could take the credit away from Jerry like Jimmy did. That’s not what Jerry wants.

And why would Riley come here? With Dak? And Jerry? Over a host of other teams , and QB’s.

I would imagine taking the broken Dak Prescott and the rest of this offense from stuck in the mud to elite would be quite a feather in his cap.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There you go again pulling arbitrary numbers out of the sky. Do you know how many times you would have to be wrong each day of your life to be wrong a million times at this point in your life? It's mind-boggling. Please stop denying you don't pull arbitrary numbers out of the sky when you post or at least admit they are arbitrary.
Thanks Joe!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would imagine taking the broken Dak Prescott and the rest of this offense from stuck in the mud to elite would be quite a feather in his cap.
Or you could go to say Cleveland . With a more normal front office, no dysfunction or meddling owner , an up an coming team with talent and a more prolific QB you’re familiar with.

Cowboys are last team a HC would want to go to unless the phones not ringing.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I'm not as enamored with Mayfield as a lot seem to be. Lot of talent in that offense to be slinging 3 picks in a game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I’m as excited as any Cowboys fan about this recent turnaround/4 game winning streak. Let’s hope it becomes an eventual 11 game winning streak that includes a Lombardi.

If I’m the GM of this thing, Coach Garrett has had 8 seasons in charge, he has had a big say in the groceries and how they are cooked and been shown enormous patience to learn how to be a head coach. He has been given multiple combinations of coordinators and coaches...If Garrett doesn’t take this team to two playoff wins this year, he should be fired.

If after 8 seasons, we still don’t have an NFC championship, what are we waiting for Garrett to do? How much more time does he need to become the coach Jerry has shown more patience with than any coach in the nearly 30 years he’s owned the team?

It’s win now or it’s goodbye Garrett....right? Or is the naked emperor going to make Garrett Marvin Lewis, Jr?

Garrett isnt going anywhere, better get used to it. AS much as I hate it Im not blind enough to see that Jerry is completely in love with him.