Win vs. Rams Change the Narrative?

DFWJC

Reaction score
People will discredit Dak saying playing in LA is like playing a home game.
It is, but a win this weekend would be huge and full credit would be due to everyone...including our QB

The bigger challenge is for our defense. The Rams offense is ranked 2nd while their D is 19th.
Not our of the question that we win this.

:flagwave:
Team game
Team win (or loss)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good thread. It would change it for Garrett for me but not necessarily for the QB. He would have to be some of the reason why they won and not be carried there by the rest of the team.

You can win a Championship with a mediocre QB. We've seen it before. It's just really hard to do. Flacco's got a ring and it never made me think he wasn't anything more than average on a good day.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
So you are saying that Foles is on the same level as Brady, Rodgers, Brees?
If he isn’t on the same level how come head to head he has a winning record against every single 1 of them?

In the PLAYOFFS Foles is absolutely on their level. I stand by that comment.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Good thread. It would change it for Garrett for me but not necessarily for the QB. He would have to be some of the reason why they won and not be carried there by the rest of the team.

You can win a Championship with a mediocre QB. We've seen it before. It's just really hard to do. Flacco's got a ring and it never made me think he wasn't anything more than average on a good day.
Flacco got hot down the stretch. He is/was not ever elite, he ceiling was very good. Foles, Kaepernick, Hostetler, Dilfer or host of other "above average" QBs that won or went to a super bowl.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak yes

Garrett No

Its obvious I have my issues with dak. But at the end of the day, all I want is my favorite team to win consistently including the big games.

If he finds a way to have a good/great performance that leads us to our first road playoff victory since 93, he will change my viewpoint of him.

This is ONLY if he pulls his weight. If the Hot Boyz and Zeke carry him, then no.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I would say yes.
We have not played in a conference championship game since Jan 14 1996. Thats the next step. If we can do that then i feel there is hope for the future. But we must win this game. We've been to the divisional round a lot already. We need to get past that.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Someone (Idgit?) brought up the topic whether a Super Bowl changes the narrative of Dak and Garrett which I want to revisit in a slightly different way.

For you, would a win this Saturday against the Rams resulting in our first conference championship appearance in 20+ years change the narrative of Dak and/or Garrett?

For me, it would assuming Dak contributes anything more than just Trent Dilfer type performance. It would also change my perspective on Garrett as he would have helped brought this team from the brink of a lost season (3-5) to making a deep playoff run.

I think it would definitely change the narrative. Even Dak Complainers like myself would have to change our tune if he beats the Rams, Saints and Philly twice. Any QB and coach who can beat the top two teams in the NFC, and maybe the league, plus KO the Champs twice, deserve some kind of credit.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
How about the flipside of that narrative. Would it change people's perception of McVay and Goff to lose and go 1 and done, at home, in back to back years?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don't see how or why you would lump Prescott and JG together. It makes no sense.
In his 3rd season, Prescott has been part of 2 division titles and is 1-1 in postseason games. Both of which he played pretty well.
But the book isn't out yet. It's unfair to make that call this early.

JG on the other hand has had the better part of a decade, so if we don't at the very least go to the NFC championship game I would invite a change.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Not for me.

Garrett will still suck.

Dak could change the narrative, but only in the way he plays, not in whether or not he wins. I don't and never have doubted his intangibles, but even if they win 5 SBs in a row, if what Dak does is handoff 30 times and complete short, conservative passes, it won't change my perception.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Someone (Idgit?) brought up the topic whether a Super Bowl changes the narrative of Dak and Garrett which I want to revisit in a slightly different way.

For you, would a win this Saturday against the Rams resulting in our first conference championship appearance in 20+ years change the narrative of Dak and/or Garrett?

A win changes the narrative regardless of whether anyone wants to move the goal posts. That would be something this franchise hasn't done in over 20 years, long before Dak (or JG even) assumed their roles.

Does that mean we should all be satisfied and can be okay with losing the next week? No, but the notion that they both "suck" and need to be replaced next month becomes increasingly silly.

Ekspozed

Reaction score

For me, it would assuming Dak contributes anything more than just Trent Dilfer type performance. It would also change my perspective on Garrett as he would have helped brought this team from the brink of a lost season (3-5) to making a deep playoff run.
Does that mean youre done rooting for whoever our opponent is in the playoffs just so theres change at head coach/QB?

Grevus

Reaction score
Is Dak our Eli? I never thought of Eli as an elite QB, but he does have 2 SB wins. I think Dak is better than Eli and has been clutch when most needed to be. Would love to see Dak fix some of his issues and play like it's the 4th Qtr ever Qtr.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I like Dak but elite? NO. My view of elite I guess is different. Elite in my view is not 1 game, not 1 season it is the guys that play to a high level over the course of several season. I see 2 QB in the NFL whom I feel are elite and that is Brady and Rodgers, outside of those 2 we have some good QB and some young QB who very well may become Elite. As for Dak he is using the tools he has this season to help his team and I do think he will continue to learn and develop as long as he is willing to see his own weakness and work on those weakness which by all indications he is. Will he ever reach the elite level? I don't know, but I have no doubt in my mind he will improve and this team can win with him at QB.

Swagger

Reaction score
Surely people who consider Dak Prescott to be clutch must consider Tim Tebow to also be clutch?

I.e. he showed up in the fourth quarter...shame about the other three but he managed to do a few bits and pieces in the fourth quarter to help win games hence the term clutch?

When in reality a quality QB would have wrapped up those games before the fourth quarter!

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Right there with you for the most part. Little further with Dak. While I still don't believe he is going to play at an elite level week in and week out hard for me to discount how clutch he has been down the stretch this year. Still not leap years ahead of you but not as down on him with his play when it matters recently. For me as a fan its always about winning when it matters and right now (playoffs) is when it matters and if they win again this weekend hard not for me to acknowledge where another win takes this team.