Win vs. Rams Change the Narrative?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Surely people who consider Dak Prescott to be clutch must consider Tim Tebow to also be clutch?

I.e. he showed up in the fourth quarter...shame about the other three but he managed to do a few bits and pieces in the fourth quarter to help win games hence the term clutch?

When in reality a quality QB would have wrapped up those games before the fourth quarter!

Look at their career numbers. They are simply not even in the same class to begin with.

Tebow was the worst NFL QB I’ve ever seen until Peterman came along and even that is close. Dak is AT WORST a league average QB by any statistical measure who far exceeds that level during crunch time.

It’s really an exceedingly poor apples to oranges comparison.

aaev84

Reaction score
The narrative has already changed. Dak is an elite QBS and Dallas is now a respectable organization in large part because he changed the culture to one where we win not complain about why we didn’t win.
Dak isn't quite there in regards to arm talent/accuracy... he is a really good runner, but he is elite in heart. He is like a better Tebow to me and ive changed how I feel about him with the cowboys. Everyone on the team thinks very high of him. He does deserve a good payday. There are better talents for sure, but there are also worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at their career numbers. They are simply not even in the same class to begin with.

Tebow was the worst NFL QB I’ve ever seen until Peterman came along and even that is close. Dak is AT WORST a league average QB by any statistical measure who far exceeds that level during crunch time.

It’s really an exceedingly poor apples to oranges comparison.

You must not have seen Babe Laufenburg play.

mrmojo

Reaction score
It will in my mind, especially for JG. He needs to get to the Championship game to make me think this 10 year expierment is worth it. If not, it will be same old same old.....especially if next year is another typical odd numbered year where we fall back out of the playoffs again. Next year will be Daks year to prove it to me, but a NFC championship game this year will pretty darn put him right there for me.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
You must not have seen Babe Laufenburg play.

Guilty - I did not. :laugh: I'm sure I missed some absolute duds in the 60s, 70s, and 80s but Tebow and Peterman can sling it with the worst of them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will in my mind, especially for JG. He needs to get to the Championship game to make me think this 10 year expierment is worth it. If not, it will be same old same old.....especially if next year is another typical odd numbered year where we fall back out of the playoffs again. Next year will be Daks year to prove it to me, but a NFC championship game this year will pretty darn put him right there for me.

Even if he gets to the NFC championship, if he loses, and then falls back again next season, whatever slight increase in status he gained in fans eyes would quickly be lost again. After so many mediocre years it's going to take some sustained success for there to be any lasting gain in status.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guilty - I did not. :laugh: I'm sure I missed some absolute duds in the 60s, 70s, and 80s but Tebow and Peterman can sling it with the worst of them.

I only have vague memories of the late 60's but between Eddie LeBaron and Don Meredith QB was handled pretty capably. 70's to very early 80's the QB position was very well manned between Morton, Staubach and Danny White, but by the mid 80's until Aikman it was a kind of a mess, as it was for a number of years post Aikman. Laufenburg really doesn't make for a fair comparison with Tebow because he was never a starter and never viewed as a potential starter the way Tebow was.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t see how. It’s precisely why I’d give both (Garrett and Dak) judos if they beat the Rams in LA. Regardless of how our fans show up in LA, that’s a high stakes road game.

I'm sure Poopydog and friends will try.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I cannot wait for this game! Even though it probably will be an away game for the Rams with a sea of whites in the crowd :(

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Good thread. It would change it for Garrett for me but not necessarily for the QB. He would have to be some of the reason why they won and not be carried there by the rest of the team.

You can win a Championship with a mediocre QB. We've seen it before. It's just really hard to do. Flacco's got a ring and it never made me think he wasn't anything more than average on a good day.
You think Flacco has never been anything but average on a good day? The year Flacco helped the Raven’s win the Super Bowl he had one of the best Playoff and Super Bowl runs of all time. He had 11 TD’s and no interceptions through the Playoffs and Super Bowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Advancing further than we have been elevates them above everyone else this era providing them more support and time despite their weaknesses.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak led his team in a playoff win against a SB Champion QB and HC......and he's only a 4th round pick on a rookie contract. Take the narrative and throw it out the window.

RD21

Reaction score
Win it all, & I'll give em both a pass for quite some time :grin:

MikeT22

Reaction score
The narrative has already changed. Dak is an elite QBS and Dallas is now a respectable organization in large part because he changed the culture to one where we win not complain about why we didn’t win.

First, Dak is a middle-level QB. I think he's a high character guy and like his passion and attitude. But he's not a top 10 type QB...yet.

As for the team I think it's critical for us to win this week or the narrative will remain the same, only being able to win a wildcard or going one and done the handful of times we've made the playoffs over the last 20 years.

It is possible that we can build off of this, but the only time in the last 20 years we've improved the year after making the playoffs was in '07 when we went from losing in the wildcard in '06 to having homefield in '07 and going one and done in the divisional round.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I think we’ve got a lot of reevaluating on Garrett to do if we can get to the NFC Championship.

Great accomplishment of course but it did take almost a decade. Richard was a big part of this years success.

Dak... kid is all heart. He doesn’t give up, hoping he improves.

I’m rooting for both to succeed.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
First, Dak is a middle-level QB. I think he's a high character guy and like his passion and attitude. But he's not a top 10 type QB...yet.

As for the team I think it's critical for us to win this week or the narrative will remain the same, only being able to win a wildcard or going one and done the handful of times we've made the playoffs over the last 20 years.

It is possible that we can build off of this, but the only time in the last 20 years we've improved the year after making the playoffs was in '07 when we went from losing in the wildcard in '06 to having homefield in '07 and going one and done in the divisional round.
Brady Brees Ben Rivers all retiring.

Dak is elite for QBs under 30

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Which narrative are we talking about changing? The one created by fans who don't understand what they don't understand? It's a false narrative centered around ignorance.