News: Winning This Week Could Cure What Ails Cowboys

ItzKelz

Reaction score
On paper this should be a defensive game. With that said we should have a decent chance to win this game. The problem will be that there will be fans that think that all the Cowboys problems are cured if we do win this game. We are what we are no matter the results of this game. We will be up and down all season. Luckily we are in a division where 9-7 may get us in the playoffs despite our offensive woes.

JustChip

Reaction score
A win would be awesome. Puts us in first place in the East.
But then again it would help the HC retain his job. I’m torn

I never regret a win. The only guarantee in a loss is that you lost. No guarantee that it brings any other desired outcome. Personally, I don't care if we are 8-8, or 7-9 for that matter, if we get into the playoffs. Sure, that record wouldn't necessarily bode well for playoff longevity, but it does provide more than not being in the playoffs.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I always like to get the win but winning this week will not cure anything. It will just delay the inevitable

Brooksey gets it. All we would be doing is win this week, lose the following week and end up 8-8. Think we have seen this lifetime movie thruout his 10 years here before. Then keep the same staff and draft at pick 18 and then 2 picks before us (see Donald) the player we need gets snatched before us. Sorry give me a top 5 pick and lose this staff.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Winning this week would be a miracle and only a one week reprieve from their season-long downfall from mediocrity to the cellar of the NFL.

kumizi

Reaction score
Yea

Being 3-3 and having the 28th ranked offense in the league will convince me the future is bright instead of being 2-3 and having the 30th ranked offense in the league.

Kumbaya

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yea

Being 3-3 and having the 28th ranked offense in the league will convince me the future is bright instead of being 2-3 and having the 30th ranked offense in the league.

Kumbaya

You would have loved to cry before the Cowboys got good under Landry, and then, with Jimmy...now give up another stock failure excuse!

Now clue us in how the defense is coming along, and then with the return of Lee, Collins, Gregory, Irving, and all the secondary is healthy and fully integrated again?

Now again, give us the Pee Wee Herman version of a song...

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Winning one game would mean the lose, win rollercoaster continues. Win a few in a row and get back to me.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if we win big Sunday. We play well against teams we should lose to. It equal or lesser teams we lose to.

^^ This ....not sure about winning big but I too have a good feeling about this game. I can certainly see us winning.......

CCBoy

Reaction score
Winning one game would mean the lose, win rollercoaster continues. Win a few in a row and get back to me.

Get back, yourself...stand up for success...it's a cinch you won't help in the rooting in the mean time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
One of the reasons for that is they're so good against the run.

They are the only defense that ranks in the Top 10 in stuffs, short-yardage runs, 2nd-level tackles, and average yards to go.

Can't argue, but I'm asking for no quarters given to the real strength of the Cowboys.

Hey, they can stand up for themselves, and take what they earn (Cowboys). Both the line and running back are top notched...and Jacksonville is missing their running back; don't match up on quality of offensive lines; and their own quarterback is a ton less than top shelf.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Can't argue, but I'm asking for no quarters given to the real strength of the Cowboys.
Just for the sake of comparison, Houston (the team we were afraid to run against on 4th and 1).

short yardage
Hou 15th
Jax 7th

stuffs
Hou 14th
Jax 8th

adjusted line yards
Hou 9th
Jax 4th

CCBoy

Reaction score
Just for the sake of comparison, Houston (the team we were afraid to run against on 4th and 1).

short yardage
Hou 15th
Jax 7th

stuffs
Hou 14th
Jax 8th

adjusted line yards
Hou 9th
Jax 4th

:) ... and Jaxsonville has a bunch of losses as well. Must have been from something, lol.

Thanks for your work here, Percy!:thumbup:

This just might be a brick in the building of a home field stadium advantage at AT&T.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
:) ... and Jaxsonville has a bunch of losses as well. Must have been from something, lol.
They have lost a couple of games, but not because of their run D.

Last week, they allowed 33 yards on 10 carries in the first half and trailed 20-0. Their other loss was 9-6 to the Titans.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They have lost a couple of games, but not because of their run D.

Last week, they allowed 33 yards on 10 carries in the first half and trailed 20-0. Their other loss was 9-6 to the Titans.

Not until they arrived in Dallas!

They won't shut down this rushing game in the same fashion. 100+ yards for Elliott tomorrow. (combined yards)

Two long plays by Elliott and a turn-over advantage...and Dallas takes this one.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Not until they arrived in Dallas!

They won't shut down this rushing game in the same fashion. 100+ yards for Elliott tomorrow. (combined yards)

Two long plays by Elliott and a turn-over advantage...and Dallas takes this one.
I'll be the first one to say you were right if that happens.

ESisback

Reaction score
my God...how would winning make this better? sure, they would be tied for first place in the lamest division in football (that Dallas will never win) but that would NOT change the offensive game plan and play-calling; it would not change the HUGE need for new coaches at the top; it would not likely change the fact that Garrett is losing/has lost the team - it just prolongs the misery for another week

Jax coming off of a loss, so Doug Marrone will have them fired up - can you imagine Garrett firing up the Cowboys? he will be clapping at that big 55 yard picture above his head "lookey that guys, you are on TV" oblivious to the fact that his team is not being run well and him not caring since his job is safe clap-clap-clap

Pants jumps off of soapbox

You ASSUME he doesn’t care, and clapping has absolutely nothing to do with it.