With a win on Sunday Dak can put himself in good company

plymkr

Reaction score
I’m hoping and praying that Dak wins the Super Bowl so he can join very rare company of Roger and Troy. I for one would be very happy to admit I was wrong about him not being the guy cuz I could care less about being right, I just want to win.

I do have concerns about Dak winning a Super Bowl because what would happen to this board? What would we fight about. Just thinking ahead I throw out these topics to fight about in case of a Super Bowl victory:
1. The NFL being fixed
2. Continuing the Tony Romo debate
3. Trading Dexter Coakley
4. Star Wars is significantly better than Star Trek. You want to see a mean side of me then don’t go there. There’s several people in my life that sided with Star Trek that I just cut off. Which in hindsight was bad because I really miss my mom.

Just some ideas. I’m hoping at the end of the year Dak holds the Lombardi and we have to scramble for new arguments.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Romo had lots of good teams and players, I'm not sure where this narrative comes from?
After Romo’s first full season as the starter in 2007, we never got close to the defensive talent needed to win a Super Bowl in that era.

We also rode with Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett at HC for the rest of his career.

Romo deserved plenty of blame for some of our failures in that period, but we never got the mix right after being upset in 2007

GINeric

Reaction score
That’s what trolls do bro. He’s not actually a cowboys fan. He’s a fan of another team that comes here to troll and get the negative Cowboys fans riled up. They salivate at his every words and are too dumb to realize he’s trolling

Not only a troll.... but a low IQ coward who hides after wins and pops up frequently after losses. That weak person really tries to pretend to be a Cowboys fan, but never typed ANYTHING positive after wins, big wins or tough wins.

bottleKids

Reaction score
That’s what trolls do bro. He’s not actually a cowboys fan. He’s a fan of another team that comes here to troll and get the negative Cowboys fans riled up. They salivate at his every words and are too dumb to realize he’s trolling
Yes 23k messages over 10 years... might be the best troll going.

Give me a break...

GINeric

Reaction score
Great but that's not what is expected! Super Bowl wins is the standard and Dak hasn't produced when things get tight! Hopefully the Boys win against Washington, then have 2 home playoff games to get ready for a road game against San Francisco! It just doesn't get any better than this so it's now or probably NEVER for Dak!

How is it just now or never for just Dak? What about the rest of the team and coaching staff? It's not now or never for them as well??

When did a team game become an individual sport?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
After Romo’s first full season as the starter in 2007, we never got close to the defensive talent needed to win a Super Bowl in that era.

We also rode with Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett at HC for the rest of his career.

Romo deserved plenty of blame for some of our failures in that period, but we never got the mix right after being upset in 2007
I'm in your corner. The bold sentence above is one massive handicap for a QB.....hell.....for any player.

Romo definitely had some good teams here and there, but about 90% of his career he was tied to Jason Garrett as OC or HC. Yuck.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

There was some good talent on the defensive side for a good chunk of Romo's time here. All the below guys were capable of making key plays, even on the downside of their career.

Demarcus Ware
Jay Ratliff
Greg Ellis
Terrance Newman
Sean Lee(When Healthy)

Then there were some other solid role players, but it didn't quite all come together. These players started to age and then we entered an experimental rebuild mode for Romo's last few years where we had little talent, but Marinelli seemed to get more out of the no names in getting average performance atleast statsitically.

At the end of the day coaching was the real problem and led to under performance. Frankly those 2006 to 2014 Cowboys teams should have had a lot more than 4 playoff appearences.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great supporting cast then and they went 13-3.

They got beat by a very tough team, who also beat arguably a top 10 all time team featuring 2 GOATs in their absolute prime.

But that wasn’t the reality of Romo’s career here.
They got beat by a Giants team that barely made the playoffs….

plasticman

Reaction score
Troy did that when he was sleepwalking.

Troy and Roger are remembered, appreciated, and even revered because their best seasons were the postseason.

Regular season games were seen as qualifying rounds. Division titles were an afterthought, the seeding advantage was the true prize.

Division titles? That didn't become a special achievement until it became the only achievement.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we're losingc at halftime "coach Jerry" may make a appearance on the sideline lol
Remember those days?

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
They got beat by a Giants team that barely made the playoffs….
I think you might be getting them confused with the 2011 squad.

They went 10-6 with 4 of their losses coming to 13-3 GB, 13-3 DAL (x2), and the 16-0 Pats, and were pretty comfortably the 5 seed.

That year, they were largely held back by a struggling Eli Manning, as 5 of their 10 wins happened with him posting a passer rating under 60.

But once he put it together, they beat all 3 of the previously mentioned title contenders in the playoffs, and then continued their success into 2008.

Despite losing HOF’er Michael Strahan, the 08 Giants club started 11-1, beating all 4 conference championship participants, including the SB winning Steelers on the road.

Then Plaxico Burress shot hindelf him the leg, and it fell apart.

In short, they were much better than their record.

dckid

Reaction score
That's awesome but we really should have built a better roster around Romo.
Lol. Stop already. I loved Romo when he was here, way more than I pull for Dak to be honest. Having said that I 100% believe Romo had all the talent around him to do more than he did. He just could not win the big game when it mattered. This is not downgrading Romo in any way, but he was a good QB when you needed great. He had his chances in 2006 against Seattle.
2007 against the Giants
2009 against the Vikings
2014 against the Packers

Remember the December swoons, all the losses on Sunday night in Win or go home situations.
Like I said I loved Romo but he had his chances.

starfan1

Reaction score
Not only a troll.... but a low IQ coward who hides after wins and pops up frequently after losses. That weak person really tries to pretend to be a Cowboys fan, but never typed ANYTHING positive after wins, big wins or tough wins.
I cant stand his posting style hes the biggest troll on this site and it would be a better place with him and those like him gone but I will say this I have seen him post some positive things as of recent. Not sure if its showmanship or heartfelt though but Ive seen him do it.

This is coming from someone that actually cant stand his posting style and hopes Dak gets extended just to piss him off.