With each passing WR trade and free agent signing, the Amari Cooper trade becomes more absurd

Dre11

Reaction score
Ya know... or maybe you don't... when substance is on one's side, that's what they choose to use in a conversation as leverage... what, after all, could possibly be more persuasive? There is no better weapon to defend one's point(s) than substance.

In this case, what did Stash do?

First, you suggested the other person (me) should google to find substance that would test my assertion... you indicated it would be that simple to discover my assertion to be false. Not being as proud as you are (pardon that observation) and at the same time having the self-confidence of a person who doesn't depend on internet sports forum conversations in order to reassure himself of his value as a human being ( ;) ) I did that.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find, and said as much.

So, second, you responded to that by offering substance, supposedly anyway, in the form of a link... a link that you indicated would provide the substance that would debunk my assertion. Not being as proud as you are, yada yada yada.... I did that, too.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find. Again.

Moreover, worse yet, I had the audacity to actually quote verbatim ("substance") the primary source in my response.

Your next decision was unfortunate in this exchange. You see, it's when someone decides ad hominem is their best possible choice for a response that we all learn one very critical thing about the other person in a conversation: They realize that the substance isn't on their side.

And. When that happens, a person has a new choice... choose the sensible, graceful... intellectually humble... option... something in the area of "Okay, I'm the kind of person who is capable of backing down when I realize I've over-promised and under-delivered, and I have to give you that point".... you did that ad hominem thing where you try to just insult the other person into submission... hehe... seems so strong when you're you, my friend, but on this side of it... weak.

Stephen's words were: “It’s too early for me to address that yet. I mean, we’re continuing to have conversations.” That's from your chosen link.

My words were that there was no primary source statement, only rumors.

Those words were/are accurate. You and "everyone" (hehe) are welcome to your interpretation, but your interpretation is, by definition, accepting assumptions that you do not have the omniscience as a mere mortal to be able to confirm as anything more than assumption.

I think we're done here, though I do suspect there will be some noble (?) effort to save face, given the Fonzie-like aversion to that word... "Richie, I was wrrrrnnn"... but unless you have some new substance to bring up, and certainly if all you've got is more ad hominem... I'm too old to be moved by that silliness and content that others will be similarly unimpressed.

Thank You, as I also said Stephen never said they were releasing Cooper.
There was only speculation from media that Amari MAY not be here

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know... or maybe you don't... when substance is on one's side, that's what they choose to use in a conversation as leverage... what, after all, could possibly be more persuasive? There is no better weapon to defend one's point(s) than substance.

In this case, what did Stash do?

First, you suggested the other person (me) should google to find substance that would test my assertion... you indicated it would be that simple to discover my assertion to be false. Not being as proud as you are (pardon that observation) and at the same time having the self-confidence of a person who doesn't depend on internet sports forum conversations in order to reassure himself of his value as a human being ( ;) ) I did that.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find, and said as much.

So, second, you responded to that by offering substance, supposedly anyway, in the form of a link... a link that you indicated would provide the substance that would debunk my assertion. Not being as proud as you are, yada yada yada.... I did that, too.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find. Again.

Moreover, worse yet, I had the audacity to actually quote verbatim ("substance") the primary source in my response.

Your next decision was unfortunate in this exchange. You see, it's when someone decides ad hominem is their best possible choice for a response that we all learn one very critical thing about the other person in a conversation: They realize that the substance isn't on their side.

And. When that happens, a person has a new choice... choose the sensible, graceful... intellectually humble... option... something in the area of "Okay, I'm the kind of person who is capable of backing down when I realize I've over-promised and under-delivered, and I have to give you that point".... or to bow one's back.... which is what you did. In this case, "bowing one's back" meant that ad hominem thing where you try to just insult the other person into submission... hehe... seems so strong when you're you, my friend, but on this side of it... weak.

Stephen's words were: “It’s too early for me to address that yet. I mean, we’re continuing to have conversations.” That's from your chosen link.

My words were that there was no primary source statement, only rumors.

Those words were/are accurate. You and "everyone" (hehe) are welcome to your interpretation, but your interpretation is, by definition, accepting assumptions that you do not have the omniscience as a mere mortal to be able to confirm as anything more than assumption.

I think we're done here, though I do suspect there will be some noble (?) effort to save face, given the Fonzie-like aversion to that word... "Richie, I was wrrrrnnn"... but unless you have some new substance to bring up, and certainly if all you've got is more ad hominem... I'm too old to be moved by that silliness and content that others will be similarly unimpressed.

Please. Be done here. Spare me the word salad that says the same thing over and over again. Reaffirming that your head is firmly planted in the sand.

None as blind as will not see.

You do you.

erod

Reaction score
Jerry was upset that he didn't get that awful vaccine and wanted him and his contract gone.

Dre11

Reaction score
Ooh! One week.

If you didn’t know, they averaged under 20 points a game in the 7 weeks prior

The offense wasn't potent last season second half the season..lol and the defense was scoring. You've had your qb for 3 games. 1 which was the first game of the season after no preseason and the second coming off a broken thumb.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
130e4d29966b1d245f700960a9a63387.gif

Whatever gets the job done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The offense wasn't potent last season second half the season..lol and the defense was scoring. You've had your qb for 3 games. 1 which was the first game of the season after no preseason and the second coming off a broken thumb.

We can agree that overall things look to be improving.

But are you really going to try to say that the receivers and passing game are as good as it was with Cooper?

Seriously?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Thank You, as I also said Stephen never said they were releasing Cooper.
There was only speculation from media that Amari MAY not be here

Never did.

But you know... some people are just able to divine those things... Stash knew what Stephen was thinking. Of course he did.

And by the way... isn't it interesting how that phrase "word salad" has evolved to be a favored substance substitute.

Dre11

Reaction score

But are you really going to try to say that the receivers and passing game are as good as it was with Cooper?

Seriously?

What I'm saying is the passing game wasn't great last half the season with Cooper and it may be good enough without. We haven't seen the full product yet due to other circumstances. I wanted Cooper too, but I understand why they moved on.

Flamma

Reaction score

Seriously?

I think it was a sacrifice. It opens 16m they can roll over to next year to pay most of Dak's cap hit. But it certainly doesn't make the team better. What it might do is alter the play calling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it was a sacrifice. It opens 16m they can roll over to next year to pay most of Dak's cap hit. But it certainly doesn't make the team better. What it might do is alter the play calling.

I guess I’m just worried that the Cooper decision made the offense weaker at the point where the defense is getting stronger. And worried that it might end up costing what might have been a Super Bowl level team otherwise.

It feels like the team can’t have both sides of the ball strong at the same time.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Bottom line: it made the Cowboys a worse team, and they got virtually nothing in return. He had some worth. He's shown this year he's far from washed up. Has Gallup ever shown himself to be a fraction of the player Cooper is, when he's actually able to suit up? Lamb hasn't, at least not on a consistent basis.

Cutting fat and cutting high $ contracts when you're not a contender is a fact of life. But when you have a player that has some value as Cooper did, you have to get something in return. Just another in the long line of mistakes by the 2 clowns who run the circus.