With each passing WR trade and free agent signing, the Amari Cooper trade becomes more absurd

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're a smart guy.

Your only failure in this exchange is to think you're the only smart guy in the conversation.

It's not as-if it's hard to see why you went for the link instead of just posting Stephen's comment verbatim.

Let's review... I stood/stand by my statement... there were RUMORS... there were no PRIMARY SOURCE STATEMENTS.

And you bring what, as-if to debunk that?

“It’s too early for me to address that yet. I mean, we’re continuing to have conversations.”

Okay. More proof that sometimes it's better to just back down and be intellectually humble rather than try to slide by as-if you were "right" all along. Stephen said what Stephen said. Nothing more. Interpretations are fine, but like they say back home, don't pee on my leg and claim that's proof it's raining. Your blogger friend made an interpretation, giving volume to a rumor. That's fine. What Stephen said is a primary source statement. What the blogger said about Stephen's statement is not.

And like I said, you can stick your own head in the sand. But not mine or anyone else’s. Your comments show exactly why I said that you’re willfully ignorant. Because you choose to be.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

Close your own eyes, mine are open.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
It literally does excuse it.

They had higher offers and would have to eat his cap. Taking his whole contract off the books means a lower pick. I don’t know why people don’t comprehend this

Cleveland renegotiated Amari's contract. How come Dallas did not do that? Wait for a higher draft pick than a fifth. There were more options available to Dallas.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh now he was top 10, all I heard was how he doesn't show up on the road. How he had bad body language, but now yall want to make him top 10 to push a narrative. He didnt even make the nfl top 20 list.

Body of work.

On them being wrong, ceedee stats are on par or better than Cooper's ...lol Ceedee has more yards, catches, and 2 less tds.

Which isn’t the point. The point is that you had two high quality receivers and a top passing game. And the Joneses chose to move away from that. And now the offense struggles instead. That’s the point.

When couldn't they keep their mouth shut? Another false statement, they never said what they were doing with Cooper, Stephen always said he wasn't talking contract he said it would be hard to keep both him and Gallup on big contracts, with Gallup being hurt nobody knew which one was going to be here. They never said which one they were keeping.

Weeks before. Research it if you’re unsure.

Dre11

Reaction score
Body of work.

Which isn’t the point. The point is that you had two high quality receivers and a top passing game. And the Joneses chose to move away from that. And now the offense struggles instead. That’s the point.

You said they were wrong. Struggle? They played 5 games with a backup..lol
They dissected a top secondary. ..lol

You resear h. He never said what they were doing with Cooper.

Dre11

Reaction score
Body of work.

Also Cooper was getting killed around here last year...lol

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Obviously nobody made that kind of offer for Cooper.

Why would any team offer a high draft pick when the Jones stated if we can't trade him we are going to cut him? Maybe their team management needs to go to Negotiating 101 classes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, there you go. IN MY OPINION, I feel good about the players we did sign. Cooper was due 18.8. No way we bring in all we did. Also, you have to pay the players you have moving forward. I'll never subscribe to drafting, trading for, or extending a RB or WR. That's just me.

Be sure to take note that Cooper restructured his contract down to a $5 million charge for this year.

Big_D

Reaction score
Jerry made it completely transparent that we were getting rid of Cooper one way or another. At that point there was no reason to give up anything of value. Jerry’s big mouth often puts us in a position of strategic disadvantage.

I agreed with resigning Gallup at the time but I wish we’d have kept Cooper and let Gallup walk at this point.

30 other teams didn’t want to part with anything higher than that. Where’s the value when no one besides the Cleveland Browns were interested when you simply had to beat a 5th? The issue is there was no value at all in that contract and it’s 100% the reason no one was interested.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oh now he was top 10, all I heard was how he doesn't show up on the road. How he had bad body language, but now yall want to make him top 10 to push a narrative. He didnt even make the nfl top 20 list.

On them being wrong, ceedee stats are on par or better than Cooper's ...lol Ceedee has more yards, catches, and 2 less tds.

When couldn't they keep their mouth shut? Another false statement, they never said what they were doing with Cooper, Stephen always said he wasn't talking contract he said it would be hard to keep both him and Gallup on big contracts, with Gallup being hurt nobody knew which one was going to be here. They never said which one they were keeping.
Look at his game log, his underachieving away game production is still trending. Like night and day.

Dre11

Reaction score
Look at his game log, his underachieving away game production is still trending. Like night and day.

Saw that. Which is what folks was saying when he was here.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Be sure to take note that Cooper restructured his contract down to a $5 million charge for this year.
Super. Push it down the road and stifle your future and ultimately paying the exact same amount of money.

_sturt_

Reaction score
And like I said, you can stick your own head in the sand. But not mine or anyone else’s. Your comments show exactly why I said that you’re willfully ignorant. Because you choose to be.

As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.

Close your own eyes, mine are open.

Ya know... or maybe you don't... when substance is on one's side, that's what they choose to use in a conversation as leverage... what, after all, could possibly be more persuasive? There is no better weapon to defend one's point(s) than substance.

In this case, what did Stash do?

First, you suggested the other person (me) should google to find substance that would test my assertion... you indicated it would be that simple to discover my assertion to be false. Not being as proud as you are (pardon that observation) and at the same time having the self-confidence of a person who doesn't depend on internet sports forum conversations in order to reassure himself of his value as a human being ( ;) ) I did that.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find, and said as much.

So, second, you responded to that by offering substance, supposedly anyway, in the form of a link... a link that you indicated would provide the substance that would debunk my assertion. Not being as proud as you are, yada yada yada.... I did that, too.

Didn't find what you suggested I would find. Again.

Moreover, worse yet, I had the audacity to actually quote verbatim ("substance") the primary source in my response.

Your next decision was unfortunate in this exchange. You see, it's when someone decides ad hominem is their best possible choice for a response that we all learn one very critical thing about the other person in a conversation: They realize that the substance isn't on their side.

And. When that happens, a person has a new choice... choose the sensible, graceful... intellectually humble... option... something in the area of "Okay, I'm the kind of person who is capable of backing down when I realize I've over-promised and under-delivered, and I have to give you that point".... or to bow one's back.... which is what you did. In this case, "bowing one's back" meant that ad hominem thing where you try to just insult the other person into submission... hehe... seems so strong when you're you, my friend, but on this side of it... weak.

Stephen's words were: “It’s too early for me to address that yet. I mean, we’re continuing to have conversations.” That's from your chosen link.

My words were that there was no primary source statement, only rumors.

Those words were/are accurate. You and "everyone" (hehe) are welcome to your interpretation, but your interpretation is, by definition, accepting assumptions that you do not have the omniscience as a mere mortal to be able to confirm as anything more than assumption.

I think we're done here, though I do suspect there will be some noble (?) effort to save face, given the Fonzie-like aversion to that word... "Richie, I was wrrrrnnn"... but unless you have some new substance to bring up, and certainly if all you've got is more ad hominem... I'm too old to be moved by that silliness and content that others will be similarly unimpressed.

Dre11

Reaction score
Fan opinion on the player has nothing to do with whether or not the team made a bad decision.

Terrible argument.

What bad decision? They felt he wasn't worth 20 million and didn't want to restructure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super. Push it down the road and stifle your future and ultimately paying the exact same amount of money.

It destroys the claim that they couldn’t keep him.

I know that’s inconvenient.