With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Your memory sucks. I recommend Prevagen.

Say what you want about Dak’s accuracy but it was better than Lance’s currently is. Lance is all over the place right now.

Like I said I’m not rooting against him, but nothing about his performance last night was making me say. Oh yeah, he’s ready to take the league by storm.

The reality is. He had a decent pre season game. The OP meanwhile is talking about how he could be “great”. It’s a dramatic overreaction which the OP is known for.
Reality is Trey may never get any better than he is right now, no one can predict that.But I'm pretty clear on my memory of Dak's early years.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
It's amazing how people see what they want to see.
Lance has a long way to go.
Right now, he's a better runner than he is a passer.
He's not anywhere close to taking Dak's place.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dak wasn't close to taking Romo's place, yet it happened.
That's because Romo was injured and Dak led the Cowboys to a 13-3 record and the No. 1 seed.
If Dak gets hurt and Lance leads the Cowboys to a 13-3 record, I won't be clamoring for Dak to get his position back, just like I wasn't campaigning for Romo to get his back.
You stick with the hot hand, unless your injured quarterback trying to return is Mahome or Brady.
But who HONESTLY believes Lance can lead this team to a 13-3 record? :rolleyes:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you watch the game. Go back and watch
I’ll need to because I honestly don’t remember the game. My first time hearing this game referenced as a game where his accuracy issues show up. They typically go to the David Carr video lol.

I can find highlights gonna see if I can find it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Once again unpredictable how good Trey could turn out. But Dak was just as RAW, and about the same age as Trey.
But Dak made good on his potential when given the chance. Lance couldn't even crack the starting line, and the 49ers were hoping he would, which is why they invested all those first round draft picks for him.
You don't do that just to sit a player on the bench - unless he deserves it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Once again unpredictable how good Trey could turn out. But Dak was just as RAW, and about the same age as Trey.
Nothing Trey has done at this point in his career points to him being able to play as well as Dak did as a rookie. Nothing.

It would be pure conjecture and finger crossing to hope he would.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
That's because Romo was injured and Dak led the Cowboys to a 13-3 record and the No. 1 seed.
If Dak gets hurt and Lance leads the Cowboys to a 13-3 record, I won't be clamoring for Dak to get his position back, just like I wasn't campaigning for Romo to get his back.
You stick with the hot hand, unless your injured quarterback trying to return is Mahome or Brady.
But who HONESTLY believes Lance can lead this team to a 13-3 record? :rolleyes:
Not the same team Dak had. No you don't stick with the "hot hand" especially when your starter is the superior talent and has far more experience.
I'm not even advocating Lance to start just merely comparing him to to the rookie version of Dak.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Trey Lance’s isn’t even as good as Dak’s. So if what you say is true, what does it say about Lance?
lance is only one year older then Dak when he came into the league. I will revisit this in 8 years

Go Cowboys

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
But Dak made good on his potential when given the chance. Lance couldn't even crack the starting line, and the 49ers were hoping he would, which is why they invested all those first round draft picks for him.
You don't do that just to sit a player on the bench - unless he deserves it.
Dak wasn't given a chance he was forced into his situation, not exactly the same. Lance gets another year to develop.

NotForLong

Reaction score
McCathery?

Debo?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Deebo Samuel was an All-Pro in Lance's rookie year, 2021. He had over 1,700 yards from scrimmage and 14 touchdowns.

"DURRRRRR DEBO WUZNT DEBO YET"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
77 catches and 6 TD. He was just starting to come into His own and He certainly was not feared as he is today