With McCarthy, Trey Lance could be great

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Nothing Trey has done at this point in his career points to him being able to play as well as Dak did as a rookie. Nothing.

It would be pure conjecture and finger crossing to hope he would.
He hasn't thrown an interception.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He hasn't thrown an interception.
And Dak set the rookie record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception as a rookie. You know, in real games.

So what’s your point.

Idk why you feel the need to keep arguing this. Lance looked mid, just ok, in a pre season game. It is what it is. People shouldn’t read too much into it either way.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing Trey has done at this point in his career points to him being able to play as well as Dak did as a rookie. Nothing.

It would be pure conjecture and finger crossing to hope he would.
Right....rookie zeke...Fred Beard....Witten.

Dak did it ALL....nobody else did anything in 2016. Dak carried that team of LOSERS!

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
And Dak set the rookie record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception as a rookie. You know, in real games.

So what’s your point.

Idk why you feel the need to keep arguing this. Lance looked mid, just ok, in a pre season game. It is what it is. People shouldn’t read too much into it either way.
Just comparing the trajectory
And to make a point, Dak was pedestrian his first few years. Comparable to Trey.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Right....rookie zeke...Fred Beard....Witten.

Dak did it ALL....nobody else did anything in 2016. Dak carried that team of LOSERS!
Where did I say any of that? Go ahead Steve. Please pull up the quote. I’ll be here waiting.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Just comparing the trajectory
Their career trajectories are nothing alike. One was a mid round pick who was pushed into starting due to injury.

The other a high first round pick whose first couple of years in the league were unfortunately affected by his own injuries and thus barely played or got a chance to develop.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did I say any of that? Go ahead Steve. Please pull up the quote. I’ll be here waiting.
Okay...fair enough.

What is it you want me to take from your comments?

Saying THIS...makes one think you think Dak did it all by himself...OKAY!!!?

"Nothing Trey has done at this point in his career points to him being able to play as well as Dak did as a rookie. Nothing."

Dak did it all by himself.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Okay...fair enough.

What is it you want me to take from your comments?
Somebody referred to the cowboys 2016 roster as Super Bowl roster. I don’t think they were particularly because of the defense.

Maybe romo gets them there, we will never know. But the 2016 defense wasn’t very good. They were covered up for because the OL and zeke were dominant and held onto the ball dominating time of possession. That masked the defense being not very good IMO.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody referred to the cowboys 2016 roster as Super Bowl roster. I don’t think they were particularly because of the defense.

Maybe romo gets them there, we will never know. But the 2016 defense wasn’t very good. They were covered up for because the OL and zeke were dominant and held onto the ball dominating time of possession. That masked the defense being not very good IMO.
Good thing DAK...all by himself...masked the defense.

Goal posts MOVED.....totally different narrative all of the sudden.

HungryLion

Reaction score

And yes. The OL and Zeke were dominant which obviously helped Dak a ton his rookie year.

I’m not even sure how this argument started. I really just posted that I don’t think Lance has been that good this preseason so far.

That doesn’t mean I even want the cowboys to keep Dak still. I literally said I would rather draft another QB altogether.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Their career trajectories are nothing alike. One was a mid round pick who was pushed into starting due to injury.

The other a high first round pick whose first couple of years in the league were unfortunately affected by his own injuries and thus barely played or got a chance to develop.
Not the trajectory of their careers but more so the trajectory of their development. Dak was just as raw as Trey and he carved out a career, it is very much possible for Trey to do the same, actually with a higher ceiling.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Drugs are bad for you.

The 2016 defense stunk. Wasn’t a championship caliber defense and they got rolled in the playoffs.

It wasn’t a championship roster.
It didn’t stink. I believe they were ranked 5th or 6th that year in total team D. The same thing happened in the playoffs for Dak and the team as they did for future teams, most recently the last GB playoff game, i.e., Dak could not keep pace with trading TDs in the first half. Once again, before the Cowboys got any offense going against future HOF Aaron Rogers’ team it was 21-3 against one of the worst pass defenses in the league that year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not the trajectory of their careers but more so the trajectory of their development. Dak was just as raw as Trey and he carved out a career, it is very much possible for Trey to do the same, actually with a higher ceiling.
No Dak wasn’t. Trey literally played one season in college in 1-AA ball.

Dak started 3 seasons in the SEC.

Lance was more raw than Dak.

Damn y’all getting so defensive I’m not even attacking Lance. Just saying his pre season has been nothing special so far.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And yes. The OL and Zeke were dominant which obviously helped Dak a ton his rookie year.

I’m not even sure how this argument started. I really just posted that I don’t think Lance has been that good this preseason so far.

That doesn’t mean I even want the cowboys to keep Dak still. I literally said I would rather draft another QB altogether.
My "argument" with YOU...is that you said Lance doesn't look like he is going to do as well as Rookie Dak did.

But by not having the same team...a totally ridiculous and asinine comment.

HungryLion

Reaction score
My "argument" with YOU...is that you said Lance doesn't look like he is going to do as well as Rookie Dak did.

But by not having the same team...a totally ridiculous and asinine comment.
No, not really. Lance doesn’t even look that good right now. His timing is poor and his accuracy is bad.