Drafted by Cowboys With the 29th pick. Dallas Cowboys take OT Tyler Guyton

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hurricanes Matt Lee is a very good Center who could be had in the middle rounds...

Too bad we don't have a 4th round pick.

I have trouble with waiting to address the position on Day 3. Sure, Lee might turn out like Biadasz, but your chances of finding a starter at a position where you definitely need one go way down. I'm hoping we take Frazier, JPJ, Puni or Van Pran tomorrow.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They are by far one of the better drafting teams in the league.

You can’t really knock them drafting OL in the first. They are always succesful
I'm knocking this pick of Guyton with a 1st round pick. Texas' Christian Jones was a better O-Tackle in 2023, and he can be had in the 3rd round. Could and should have traded the 28th pick into the top 2nd round and picked up a late 3rd or early 4th round pick. Too many holes to fill but not enough draft picks in the first 100 top picks.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I have trouble with waiting to address the position on Day 3. Sure, Lee might turn out like Biadasz, but your chances of finding a starter at a position where you definitely need one go way down. I'm hoping we take Frazier, JPJ, Puni or Van Pran tomorrow.
No, I disagree. Cowboys need to take RB Jonathon Brooks if he's there at #56. He's that good and has very little miles on his tires. C Matt Lee will be available in the 3rd+ round.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
T n T you heard it here first - Big Mike
Whole panel starts laughing.

Bluefin

Reaction score
Well, maybe with us picking a tackle we can at least move Bass there for competition if we don't draft one.
I'm looking at T.J. Bass as the new game day interior reserve right now and expect him to become the starting RG in 2025 when Zack Martin retires/leaves.

And I'm hoping we draft another option.

gimmesix

Reaction score
No, I disagree. Cowboys need to take RB Jonathon Brooks if he's there at #56. He's that good and has very little miles on his tires. C Matt Lee will be available in the 3rd+ round.
I've seen Lee more as a fifth-round pick. I believe Brooks will be the pick at 56. I would take JPJ or Frazier if either is there. However, I think Dallas wants Brooks, so I'm hoping we'll use 73 on Puni or Van Pran.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm looking at T.J. Bass as the new game day interior reserve right now and expect him to become the starting RG in 2025 when Zack Martin retires/leaves.

And I'm hoping we draft another option.
I think we'll draft a center, but if we don't, I think we'll see Bass practicing at the position to provide some competition for Hoffman.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I've seen Lee more as a fifth-round pick. I believe Brooks will be the pick at 56. I would take JPJ or Frazier if either is there. However, I think Dallas wants Brooks, so I'm hoping we'll use 73 on Puni or Van Pran.
C Matt Lee might be there in the 5th round.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Jerry Jones all but said Jonathan Brooks is who they want tomorrow night.

"He's high, high, high on our board." ~ before getting an elbow nudge from COO Stephen.
I really won't be surprised if we trade up slightly to get him. Everyone has to know by now that he's our target, so if we stand pat, some other team will jump in front of us if they want him. Hopefully we can trade up without giving up one of the thirds.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas Longhorns OT, Christian Jones, performed better and could be had in the 3rd round.
I'm knocking this pick of Guyton with a 1st round pick. Texas' Christian Jones was a better O-Tackle in 2023, and he can be had in the 3rd round. C

Mel Kiper:

Offensive Tackles
1. Joe Alt, Notre Dame
2. JC Latham, Alabama
3. Olu Fashanu, Penn State
4. Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
5. Amarius Mims, Georgia
6. Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
7. Jordan Morgan, Arizona
8. Roger Rosengarten, Washington
9. Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
10. Patrick Paul, Houston
11. Blake Fisher, Notre Dame
12. Christian Jones, Texas

NFL Expert Consensus Board ranking has Guyton at 28 and Jones at 95.

GL4h-auWYAAcQT4

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm just wondering is Guyton that much better than Patrick Paul who has longer arms and like 40 games playing LT?
Paul is a weak run blocker, and might be his whole career. Pass Pro he is up there with the best in this class. But run blocking is going to sink him as far as tiers go

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm knocking this pick of Guyton with a 1st round pick. Texas' Christian Jones was a better O-Tackle in 2023, and he can be had in the 3rd round. Could and should have traded the 28th pick into the top 2nd round and picked up a late 3rd or early 4th round pick. Too many holes to fill but not enough draft picks in the first 100 top picks.
We both know they covet massive potential. You probably can find a better day-1 starter, but what kind of player will they be in year 2, 3, 4, etc? Guyton can play well at a high level today, and has only played the position for three years. He's proven he is coachable and adaptable. He's barely scratched the surface, and his ceiling is through the stratosphere. He fills a need now and offers potential greatness in the future. They already traded down once. There was no need to again when their target was in front of them.