Tyler Guyton:
PROS
  • Great athlete
  • Huge frame with long arms- great for a T
  • Quick feet for pass protection
  • Lots of upside
CONS
  • Only started 14 games in college as a T
  • Will probably need some time to develop.
  • Not a plug and play guy
Yeah honestly I think Guyton is going to be in for a REALLY rough year if they just plug him in at left tackle and roll.

My issue with his film is that he is often off balance and out of position. Not to mention that he never is whupping the guy across from him.

I’m not a huge fan of this pick, but as always, I will wait and see. It will probably take a few years to see what the final product will look like.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Would have rather had us take Barton… but C is a deeper position than OT, so this will all come down to what they do with the next few picks.

With the track record on OL picks— I will give them the benefit of the doubt on Guyton.
Fingers crossed they can somehow get Fraser.

He is an absolute mauler and would be the perfect fit.

GMO415

Reaction score
Tyler Guyton:
PROS
  • Great athlete
  • Huge frame with long arms- great for a T
  • Quick feet for pass protection
  • Lots of upside
CONS
  • Only started 14 games in college as a T
  • Will probably need some time to develop.
  • Not a plug and play guy
Bullet, is he a dawg?
200w.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think we'll draft a center, but if we don't, I think we'll see Bass practicing at the position to provide some competition for Hoffman.
Yep, not comfy with Hoffman at C....think he earned the job through default...he is not even at Biadacz level.... need to upgrade here. Hoping they get one in the high 3rd pick they have. Brooks in the 2nd.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Two things of note:
1. You weren’t going to get a quality tackle in the 2nd round, but might get a quality C in the 2nd or 3rd. JPJ might actually fall to 56 because apparently there are some off field flags that have him off some teams boards
2. Now you will always have to compare Guyton + the 3rd rounder and Barton’s careers. If Barton fell to 29, I think he was gonna be the pick. They basically traded away from him for the 3rd
Off the field stuff knocking him off draft boards. That sounds great.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Steelers had Troy Fautanu rated among their top 10 players. If he were gone, they were going to take either Duke C Graham Burton or Oklahoma T Tyler Guyton at 20.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Micah was visibly upset when the pick was announced lol.
Then I guess I might be excited about the pick. Because Micah was hype about Mazi and so far that has not turned up well. Hopefully this year will be different.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yep, not comfy with Hoffman at C....think he earned the job through default...he is not even at Biadacz level.... need to upgrade here. Hoping they get one in the high 3rd pick they have. Brooks in the 2nd.
Why can’t he be a hidden gem like Lance?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Moving back a few spots to get a 3rd is great. Taking a developmental tackle who's weakness is pass blocking when you could have just moved Tyler to tackle is a wasted pick. Maybe this makes sense if they can move on from steel after next year.
I think that is the plan.

Tyler at LT and Guyton at RT sets you up with young bookend tackles for years to come.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another Offlineman with our # 1 pick has gotten us nowhere over the past 10 years.
Yahoooo guesses this F/O has no idea what the word "Playmaker" is or its importance esp in an offensive QB-driven league.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think Brooks will be the guy at 56. They got cute last year at RB and got burned. I doubt they make the same mistake this year. With the extra 3rd, they have flexibility to move up for a C target if they like them enough.
As a UT alumni, I would love to have Brooks.

I saw this kid play several times, he has elite skills.

I also saw the play where he got hurt, his entire knee buckled when he got spun around. They kept showing the replay on the jumbotron, not going to lie, it was gruesome to watch.

If his knee heals back 100%, he can easily be a bell cow RB in the NFL.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry Jones all but said Jonathan Brooks is who they want tomorrow night.

"He's high, high, high on our board." ~ before getting an elbow nudge from COO Stephen.
Yep, he just telegraphed the pick to the entire league...............said Brooks is the best interview he has seen in 30 years.

Would not be surprised if somebody leap frogs us and steals him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
6. TYLER GUYTON, Oklahoma (6-7 ½, 330, 5.21, 1-2): Fourth-year junior. “If you watch the Florida State game he actually dominated (Jared) Verse,” one scout said. “He kicked his ***. Absolutely dominated him. But he only steps up for big games. He went down to the Senior Bowl and stepped up. Thing is, once he gets comfortable, once he gets complacent, he’s gonna shut it down a little bit it looks like. In the National Football League you have to step up to the challenge every week. He may be the biggest bust. He’s an athletic freak but he’s just a mental midget.” After two backup seasons at TCU, he made 14 of his 15 starts for the Sooners at RT. “Thing that pisses you off about him is he’s so dang inconsistent with his hand placement,” a second scout said. “He gets beat by guys he has no business losing to. In the run game, his temperament and finish are very inconsistent. He can do it. He just has to set his mind to it. But when he does he can get push and movement off the line of scrimmage. He can pull and get to the second level. It’s just a matter of (improving) character-wise to reach the next level.” Arms were 34 1/8, hands were 10 ¼. His vertical jump of 34 ½ inches led the top 20 tackles. “He’s talented but there’s some unknowns based on what you see on film,” a third scout said. “His technique just isn’t very good. Definitely a finesse style, but he can be a starting left tackle. Not a bad kid. You could really hit on him if you’re comfortable with the makeup.” From Manor, Texas.
A headcase with motivational issues.....:facepalm: Is Jerry Jones running a pro football team or an insane asylum? It's just amazing....as long as a guy has the "measurables"........he's draftable. And this is why we are the laughing stock of the entire league. Drafting one turd after another....

And some people don't think there is a culture problem.....

Couldn't be more clear......:banghead:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah honestly I think Guyton is going to be in for a REALLY rough year if they just plug him in at left tackle and roll.

My issue with his film is that he is often off balance and out of position. Not to mention that he never is whupping the guy across from him.

I’m not a huge fan of this pick, but as always, I will wait and see. It will probably take a few years to see what the final product will look like.
For Jerry it's a pick that keeps on giving. A Tackle, a 3rd Draft pick and no guarantee he'll be able to keep Dak safe in 2024.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Well we picked up now 2 LTs in the last three drafts.

I hope we didnt find another guard we could have picked up with a late 2nd rounder.