Without Dak this roster doesn't have a chance

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak deserves what he gets for folding and taking the money for sure..he could've walked and gone somewhere that wants to win and save his rep..so i have no apathy for what he gets now...saying that what QB would thrive in this team how its currently constructed? If you believe Jerry would have built the team diferent had he not signed Dak then youl have to forgive me if i dont really believe it based on history...
No one is going to thrive with this team now. It is a mess. It is inferior. It is a joke. You need to build a foundation before you start adding the flashy fixtures.

Retro88

Reaction score
All of our problems are Dak's fault. He sucks as GM and is even a worse coach. Not to mention he gives absolutely no effort on defense. Absolutely embarrassing

nobody

Reaction score
But how much worse would it be without a QB of his caliber?
That's difficult to determine because what other players might we have with his contract out of the way? Would Stephen and Jerry take that money and invest it in players of need or would they splurge on one flashy player? Likely it's the second, but who knows? Who would we have in Dak's place? Who would they have gotten to replace him? The fact is, he's been struggling in Quarters 1-3 for a couple of games for whatever reason. Would another QB have the same issues? We don't know.

I think he'll get better through the regular season, but we don't know for sure if we'd be much worse with a different QB. McCarthy would call a different game with a different QB.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'd like to retort, without the money we spend on Dak this roster would be improved, but I know that's not true.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Sam Darnold is making 1/6th the contract our QB is. Missing one WR, and the best WR in the NFL is hobbled
Lol He was picked 3rd overall. In 7 seasons with 4 different teams, he's finally having a good season. Let's wait until later in the season until we take that bust label off him.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I’m not a Dakster but without a running game or ability to stop the run this roster has no chance of a comeback against better teams without a QB as good as Dak.

That doesn’t mean he’s worth 60 mil , etc but he’s enough to give us a shot in some of these games we are overmatched.

We don’t have a RB, only 1 WR, a couple rookies on OL. Very bleak without an above average QB. I’d argue the weaknesses this roster has without a QB similar to Daks ability we are definitely a bottom tier team.

And we could become that regardless with these core weaknesses. But without Dak we absolutely have no shot on even sniffing 8 or 9 wins and a possible WC.

Dak isn't the primary issue. But he's still a pretty significant issue.

I don't see him doing anything to elevate the guys around him

And I don't want to hear from the usual suspects about the "comeback "

It wasn't a comeback
Baltimore took their foot off our throats

If they would have kept the hammer down they win by 30-35 points minimum

Nobody does more when it matters less. Yesterday's 4th quarter was exhibit A

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Dak will have to pass 40 to 50 passes a game all season along with scrambling away from blitzing defenses. I'm concerned Dak will end up getting injured. If he's still playing at the end of the season I will be surprised to be honest. I just don't trust the Cowboys O Line and blocking schemes. Again a lack of speed is a real problem that's not going away anytime soon.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That sounds more like a talking point. Rosters turn over from year to year . What happened 5 years ago isn’t necessarily relative to this season.
Its a Harbaugh thing. He has more blown 4th quarter leads than any coach in the modern era (1991). He literally loses his coaching mind at the end of games. Happened again yesterday. Happened the week before against Vegas.

You want to celebrate the participation ribbon? Be my guest.

Last edited:

rangers71

Reaction score
No my friend it's spot on with what my point is. The Vikes walked away from the Cousins contract last year and signed Jones for $7 Million and Darnold for $10—money well spent. The only thing is that fixing things would not be so easy because we couldn't wipe the slate clean of Dak's money owed to him if we let him walk. This was another mistake Jerry made and gave Dak the leverage to get his next contract. Jerry could have done the 2 deals early and sign Jones/Henry, fix the D. He did what well...he does
LMAO this place would have lost it's mind if we had signed Darnold to be the starter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its a Harbaugh thing. He has more blown 4th quarter leads than any coach in the modern era (1991). He literally loses his coaching mind at the end of games. Happened again yesterday. Happened the week before against Vegas.

You want to celebrate the participation ribbon? Be my guest.
No , I’m not interested in that. I’m just saying this roster has little chance of competing without Dak.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
That's difficult to determine because what other players might we have with his contract out of the way? Would Stephen and Jerry take that money and invest it in players of need or would they splurge on one flashy player? Likely it's the second, but who knows? Who would we have in Dak's place? Who would they have gotten to replace him? The fact is, he's been struggling in Quarters 1-3 for a couple of games for whatever reason. Would another QB have the same issues? We don't know.

I think he'll get better through the regular season, but we don't know for sure if we'd be much worse with a different QB. McCarthy would call a different game with a different QB.
what other players might we have with his contract out of the way?

I mean looking at this FO's history on team building...what has he shown he would've changed? Again Dak took the money over his own rep thats on him he deserves the beating he will take over the next 4 years with this bad FO....but this FO has a very clear team building history and it doesnt include bringing in good FA's to help out the team...