Without Lamb it is possible the Cowboys go 2-5 to begin the season

SoCalBoy

Reaction score
What is the point here? That Dak isn’t as good as Patrick Mahomes. Okay great observation lol

That Dak should get less than his full value because Mahomes took a paycut? That’s not how this works.
60 million a year for a 2 and 5 playoff record. that doesn't sound like a lot of value for the cowboys. I'm sure we could accomplish that at a cheaper cost.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Loses - Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Lions, Niners,
Wins - Saints, Giants,

We could potentially beat the Steelers but Lose to the Saints

The Management needs to get CD in here and stop the madness. The fines are adding up and so is the animosity. Dak will struggle mightily without CD and a run game

It is gonna be ugly around here
I have them 2-5 with Lamb so...1-6? Maybe?

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And we could start off 7-0 without him too. This is a new season and none of us know what will happen. If you did, you'd be placing huge bets with Vegas.
If I was placing huge bets in Vegas, it would not be on us going 7-0. That's a $2 Longshot at the track kind of bet all day long.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Loses - Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Lions, Niners,
Wins - Saints, Giants,

We could potentially beat the Steelers but Lose to the Saints

The Management needs to get CD in here and stop the madness. The fines are adding up and so is the animosity. Dak will struggle mightily without CD and a run game

It is gonna be ugly around here
I have to dissent on the Steelers. They are horrible at QB.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
And we could start off 7-0 without him too. This is a new season and none of us know what will happen. If you did, you'd be placing huge bets with Vegas.
7-0?
We don't have a credible running game and our WRs would be 1. Cooks and 2. Tolbert.
Not a winning recipe, lad.

Sydla

Reaction score
As the other thread revealed, fines can be forgiven on a rookie deal so those don't matter. Your main point is correct though: without Lamb our season is more of a mess than some are predicting and almost certainly done for. Same optics as Zeke just a few years ago.
Without Lamb, this is the same situation from a few years ago where the two Jones morons thought they could win with WR by committee.

That blew up in their face and they had to give up a 1st round pick for Cooper mid-season.

If Jerry Jones thinks he can win without Lamb (and actually tries to win without Lamb), he's a fool and one has to seriously consider whether he actually cares about trying to add another SB before he passes away.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah, not likely.

Without Lamb, this is 2018 all over again when the team started 3-4 before having to trade for Cooper. There is like a .00001% chance they could go 7-0 without Lamb.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does that matter? We lost to a Josh Dobbs led Cards team last year. We made Sam Darnold and Mitch Trubisky look good in our losses to the Jets and Bears several years ago. We can easily lose to the Steelers with Wilson.
Bold> I am still shaking my head with derision over that one.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If a team's success or failure hinge on a single non-quarterback player in today's NFL environment of salary caps and free agency, then they cannot be contenders.

The real contenders know when to be cold-hearted realists when it comes to financial health of their salary caps. They have to be.

You may notice that top teams in the NFL make the hard choices and they make them quick. We can reference the Chiefs dealing with Tyrek Hill as well as the 49ers present position on Brandon Aiyuk.
This is all true . . . unfortunately my team is led by Jerry Jones and I can only route for the team that He puts together

NotForLong

Reaction score
Dak is known for slow starts , it’s been the characteristic, so if defense is not playing well it would mean 1-2 scores behind early in the game and it will be downhill fast. Especially with anemic run game it doesn’t look good
You are 100% correct on this. I believe the slow starts are from His lack of action in preseason. I hope to see him play

NotForLong

Reaction score
I do not see a scenario where CeeDee Lamb does not play in week one (outside of a legit injury), so these threads need to stop
It is a strange year for Jerry. Who knows what is going through his head