Witness claims Ezekiel Elliott was not involved in altercation **merged**

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by NewsBot, Jul 18, 2017.

1. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    I don't doubt it one bit and this played like I said it would a day or two ago. A local sports stud goes to a club and "allegedly" knocks the hell ouf of this dj who is popular and that he's "acquaintances" with. The club wouldn't want to cooperate (bad for business), the witnesses wouldn't want to cooperate (hard to find and most likely fans) and the DJ wouldn't want to cooperate (bad for business and possibly good "acquaintances" with Zeke).

If some average joe knocked the guy out, I'm quite sure they would be able to find him. So for now, yes, Zeke is innocent but the whole thing still reeks and isn't good. I'm sure as hell glad nothing more came of this but hopefully this was the last wake up call he needs and he doesn't look at it like a free pass.

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  2. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

9,207 Messages
    10,858 Likes Received
    I still don't see how video has not came out of this, seeing there are a lot of cameras in clubs and everyone has cameras on their phones.

3. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    Also, remember, I'm quite sure the NFL will conduct it's own investigation so he may have got a free pass with the law but not necessarily the NFL. Not to mention, suspended doesn't mean clear. Unless this dude picks up and moves out of state or finds another profession I'm quite sure they'll find him but I'm also quite sure he wouldn't say Zeke did it even if he remembered otherwise he would have come out with it already and would be knocking down the police station doors.

4. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    Would you turn it in if you had it on your phone? I wouldn't.

Trouty likes this.
  5. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

5,695 Messages
    7,870 Likes Received
    And no money

CowboysWillRise likes this.
  6. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby Zone Supporter

31,536 Messages
    80,486 Likes Received
    You are a good person, Aria :)

I'd burn that ***** in the oven!

Well, maybe not because I like my phone, but no authorities are gonna see that clip if it's in my possession.

We need Zeke to Eat!

dallasdave, haleyrules and aria like this.
  7. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

16,566 Messages
    14,318 Likes Received
    Video has come out, it just seems no one was filming that exact location when the punch happened. If there was an incident before that and people expected there to be a fight, I'm sure there would have been phones out, but doesn't seem to be a case. Seemed to be a quick hit and then people brought out their phones.

tyke1doe and Trouty like this.
  8. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

40,223 Messages
    17,902 Likes Received
    Track Zeke's ticket request. If a mysterious DJ gets a ticket to the Super Bowl, well, we know what's up with that. ;)

aria likes this.
  9. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    Yeah, unless it was some drawn out trash talking hoopla I'm sure no one even knew what was going on until the guy was laid out.

This still really concerns me, it's great news for now but the more I thought about it the more I realized it's from over.

haleyrules likes this.
  10. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    I might send a clip to Zeke and say Happy Birthday! and please stop doing this crap, fans are about to have a heart attack.

Trouty likes this.
  11. Trouty

Trouty Kellen Moore baby Zone Supporter

31,536 Messages
    80,486 Likes Received
    Not a bad idea :)

Maybe ask for a seat at a game at the 50yd line for two :) I'm sure he'd oblige :)

dallasdave, haleyrules and aria like this.
  12. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

9,796 Messages
    14,265 Likes Received
    True, now if he was in a bar in philly...

haleyrules, Trouty and aria like this.
  13. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    I truly believe not everyone, or not even a lot of people saw it but at least a handful of people did. If it was Zeke who got knocked out I'm 100% sure people would know exactly who did it and the dude probably wouldn't have made it out of the club.

haleyrules and Trouty like this.
  14. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

8,651 Messages
    10,641 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Did someone say suspend?!?!?!?!?! What????? You mean the investigation is suspended?!?!?!?!?!?!

[​IMG]

Ranching, CowboysWillRise and Trouty like this.
  15. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,064 Messages
    42,899 Likes Received
    lol. My memory wouldn't be too good!

Ranching and aria like this.
  16. haleyrules

haleyrules Benched

16,064 Messages
    42,899 Likes Received
    Remember the old mob boss John Gotti...wittness's used to say I forgotti!!;).

Ranching and aria like this.
  17. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

17,598 Messages
    14,352 Likes Received
    I pray to god Zeke didn't do this because if he did and is being protect by the lack of cooperation, then he is only being embolden to do even worse sometime in the future. Mark my words.

haleyrules and aria like this.
  18. aria

aria Well-Known Member

10,776 Messages
    10,505 Likes Received
    I said the same thing above. If he got away with it I hope he doesn't look at it like a free pass. Time will tell. At least with football season starting there is less risk of off the field incidents.

Trouty, JoeKing and haleyrules like this.
  19. bigbob

bigbob Active Member

232 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    I was talking about with players but
    What you cite above is just capitalism at work lol
    The owners are billionaires and all billionaires operate the same way.
    They are obsessed with making more money and if they can get city to pay
    For the stadiums sure they do it

The NFL is a billionaires club.
    The teams are their toys.
    They make the rules and set pay levels.
    The players are well paid for What they do.
    If dez and many others didn't play pro ball they would make 100000 a year or less.
    There are risks and rules but most do quite well.

Mr_C and Trouty like this.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

95,315 Messages
    21,137 Likes Received
    I am giving the same advice as guys like Tony Dorsett, Mean Joe Green and Charles Haley. They make these comments because they do understand and know what is going on when these guys face when they leave the field. Sorry you don't get it, I did not say his life was more important I said he is known, when he walks into a place people know who he is right off the bat when you or I walk into a place we are just another patron and will not draw the attention. Many players are able to manage their lives without getting suspended, hell the vast majority of players are able to do so and they too are young men to act like being in your 20's automatically allows a player to act like a moron is not true. Zeke has a lot to lose even within his contract with the Cowboys that have a clause should he get suspended. Personally I like Zeke and hope nothing but the best for him but he has to make some real choices of what is important and what is not.