Witness claims Ezekiel Elliott was not involved in altercation **merged**

rynochop

Reaction score
Jason Witten is a married family man that stays home when not at work. Single men doing single man things don't stand a chance with the media if you insist on comparing them to choir boys like JW.
What about Gronk then?

Sydla

Reaction score
You are propagating the modern day Master/Slave mentality. The NFL is the modern day plantation that thinks they can control every aspect of a players life off the field thanks to fans like you that insist on making it so. Elliott broke no laws and so why is that not good enough?

Ummmmm.......... yes, businesses can and have dictated an expectation of a certain level of decorum from their employees.

Swanny

Reaction score
I hate to say it but you were a no body, no one outside of your inner circle knew you. Zeke is a public figure, when he walks into a place people through out the club knows him. He runs a much greater risk than some avg Joe. That is the reality. I agree he is human but his situation is much different than you or I. An athletes career is a short period in his life and they just can't afford getting suspended. DUI you can check it pay the fine and it is over for Zeke you are looking at lost games, experimentation if he is popped again lost games, picking up women? there are some who will see him as a target for accusations or rape to make a quick buck off him and again his reputation and career get put on the line. These guys have to be more careful than your avg guy
I understand the argument that he's a public figure and should just stay home instead of going out. These athletes can save it until they are no longer in the public eye. But then I think to myself you're only 21 once in your life. When his career is over he will be too old to go clubbing like he is now. He could have some serious issues with his legs from his NFL career that won't allow him to do the things he is doing now. So I just say let these guys be young. You're only young once. Have fun doing whatever you want to do. Deal with the consequences of the decisions you make. It's part of growing up. I know I learned a lot from bar fights in my life all mistakes a person makes is a learning experience. As fans we just have to realize that these guys are growing up just like the rest of us. They will make stupid mistakes and decisions! I am at the point with these players where I no longer care what They do off the field. I don't watch football because of what these guys do off the field. I watch football because they entertain me on Sundays. Now if they are doing things to effect the game on the field is a different discussion.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah. Yeah

I want you to state it for all of us here. Typical, expected behavior for people in their 20s should be getting DUIs and into bar fights and maybe some possible light scrapes with the law.

What is typical behavior for young adults is some partying and having some fun. That's typical. Getting into bar fights and getting DUIs is not "typical" behavior.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What about Gronk then?
Gronk? You mean the guy that is so fun loving that he can interrupt White House press briefings? When has he ever been involved in a violent incident? I don't know, I'm asking? I'm not aware of his party hardy mentality ever leading to machismo violence.

Reaction score
Some of you guys are harsh and a bit unrealistic. I was a nice kid, did well in school, graduated college, immediately got a good job, had good parents, and now have a nice wife and kids.

But in my 20s and early 30s, I did some Zeke-like things:

Gone 100 miles an hour - CHECK
Got a DUI - CHECK
Involved in a few bar fights - CHECK
Liked going to clubs - CHECK
Liked and did pick up women in said clubs - CHECK
Did some experimentation - CHECK
Wore a man purse - OK. NEVER DID THAT.

Now I am a dad with a nice wife, two kids, a good paying job and fairly darn responsible.

The difference for Zeke is the social media and ridiculous amount of attention he is getting. His behaviors aren't really out of the norm. He has shown no indication that his activities impact his daily life or performance on the field. He doesn't seem to be Johnny.

Yea, but you weren't letting down 52 teammates and risking millions of dollars

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Again you are exposing your age. I wonder what you would consider "elderly" to be? I have lived in many different states and been around all types of young adults and yes going clubbing getting into bar fights sometimes being stopped by police is definitely common among young adults. Open twitter sometime and you would learn a lot

Reaction score
Some of you guys are harsh and a bit unrealistic. I was a nice kid, did well in school, graduated college, immediately got a good job, had good parents, and now have a nice wife and kids.

But in my 20s and early 30s, I did some Zeke-like things:

Gone 100 miles an hour - CHECK
Got a DUI - CHECK
Involved in a few bar fights - CHECK
Liked going to clubs - CHECK
Liked and did pick up women in said clubs - CHECK
Did some experimentation - CHECK
Wore a man purse - OK. NEVER DID THAT.

Now I am a dad with a nice wife, two kids, a good paying job and fairly darn responsible.

The difference for Zeke is the social media and ridiculous amount of attention he is getting. His behaviors aren't really out of the norm. He has shown no indication that his activities impact his daily life or performance on the field. He doesn't seem to be Johnny.
Congratulations.

In your 20's, were you the #4 overall pick of the Dallas Cowboys? In your 20's, were you the starting running back for the most high profile team in the world?

Zeke is not your average 20 year old. It's mind boggling that people equate their own experiences with that of Zeke. It's not the same. It's totally apples and oranges.

He has additional responsibilities that come with being who he is. And he has to accept that. If he doesn't want the additional responsibilities that come with being the RB of the Dallas Cowboys, he should become an accountant or something. Then he won't have all this scrutiny.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Gronk? You mean the guy that is so fun loving that he can interrupt White House press briefings? When has he ever been involved in a violent incident? I don't know, I'm asking? I'm not aware of his party hardy mentality ever leading to machismo violence.

I think his point is that Gronk is a single man who parties and yet doesn't seem to find himself in sticky situations like Elliott has.

I could be wrong.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think his point is that Gronk is a single man who parties and yet doesn't seem to find himself in sticky situations like Elliott has.

I could be wrong.

Or it is just not reported on national news outlets like any Dallas player is.

Most likely though it gets covered up.

aria

Reaction score
I do realize it. I also realize what you want for him is just that. What you want.
I'm pretty sure what I want are the same things the majority of his teammates, fans and more importantly Jerry wants....to make better decisions and stay out of trouble.

I've asked this before, do you think Jerry is concerned about any of this or is he just blowing it off, thinking "he's just being a 21 year old kid, no big deal"?