BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Not Jaylon, be you get the picture

G9BUkc0.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Figure defense snaps gonna drop with new LBs on the team.
Gotta justify LVE's and Smith's salaries in on-the-field production elsewhere in 2021.

Or you want your best players on the field as much as possible. If Parsons and Neal are the primary nickel linebackers, then it makes sense to use the other starting LBs on special teams. Won't be surprised if Neal is out there as well, especially against teams that don't use a three-receiver base.

I've always been an advocate of using starters on special teams if possible. Most of the time it's difficult because they play too many snaps on offense or defense.

nobody

Reaction score
It's easy to make jokes, but I'm old enough to remember Darren Woodson played on all special teams even after he became a perennial all-pro. The Cowboys need to take kick and punt coverage more seriously and this could be a sign of that.

Woodson probably insisted on it. He took pride in playing hard and being the best he could be. He took pride in the Cowboys and wanted them to succeed at all times on the field, not just in the pocketbook.

Motorola

Reaction score
Or you want your best players on the field as much as possible. If Parsons and Neal are the primary nickel linebackers, then it makes sense to use the other starting LBs on special teams. Won't be surprised if Neal is out there as well, especially against teams that don't use a three-receiver base.

I've always been an advocate of using starters on special teams if possible. Most of the time it's difficult because they play too many snaps on offense or defense.
'gimmesix' - don't know if you watch college football; but that has been a trend over the last 2 to 3 seasons. Coaching staffs across all classifications \ levels of the game putting their best players - offense and defense - on ST squads.
Of course we've seen the best WRs & DBs out there. But now starting LBs, OL, DL - even an RB - run out there on those units.

Praxit

Reaction score
..lol.. are they trying to tell us something? I would imagine there's plenty of bodies for ST. But to single them out.