Twitter: Wolf Hunter and Jaylon To Get ST Snaps

phildadon86

Reaction score
Aye....i'm just saying he's speaking facts. At the end of the day there were 4 other linebackers on this team that could've been getting playing time and making those tackles but didn't.
That’s because of coach jerry not wanting to look stupid. Not because of jaylons play on the field. There was an article that came out saying we were thinking of cutting him or asking him to take a pay cut last year lol.

Blake

Reaction score
He’ll have to circle back to that. We should just call him Jen Smith.

Have him appear on Jim Rome to be trolled.

Jim: “Jaylon, good to have you on the show.”
Jaylon: “Good to be here Jim. Thank you.”
Jim: “Check that. Jen Smith good to have you on the show…”

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s because of coach jerry not wanting to look stupid. Not because of jaylons play on the field. There was an article that came out saying we were thinking of cutting him or asking him to take a pay cut last year lol.
I don’t deny any of the above. But I did watch them and yes he was the best of the bunch. People complain about him getting tackles down field but where was everyone else to get those tackles?

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep hearing how dangerous STs is, but how many ST players actually get injured beyond what happens on offense & defense?

On another note the fact that our best players don't help out on ST might be why we've always been so mediocre at it. Why aren't our ST aces ever close to being viable starters for the team?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Most ST players are starters (think O and D linemen) BUT I would not play LVE here. Don't want him ( literally) risking his neck getting blasted on a blind side hit. Don't need to replace two spots.

I think that's a good point. I'd probably be reluctant to put any player on special teams who has an injury history. Not necessarily players that have had one freak injury, but those who show a pattern of getting injured.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Jaylon is a nice story that simply hasn't worked out........I'd release him and sign this guy. I mean take your loss and move on.

4869921.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I remember seeing randy white on special teams. these guys are nowhere as good as he was so they should just take it or leave it.

"Randy White became the backup to Cowboy legend Lee Roy Jordon and played mostly on special teams throughout his first two seasons. In later seasons, White was moved to right defensive tackle, specifically in his third season in 1977"

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t deny any of the above. But I did watch them and yes he was the best of the bunch. People complain about him getting tackles down field but where was everyone else to get those tackles?
The difference is none of those linebackers then doubled down in a condescending way saying “watch the tape”. They also aren’t getting paid like Jaylon either. Being the best of a bunch of scrubs on the worst defense in franchise history isn’t something to be happy about. Especially getting paid like him. And then telling reporters to watch your tape, and then even worse doubling down on that falsehood and bringing LeBron and MJ into it. The guy is so caught up in himself and his brand he forgot that football got him there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

It appears Quinn thought Jaylon and LVE were the problem with Cowboys defense last season. I mean everyone craps on Jaylon but Cowboys Zone posters thought it was a mistake to not pick up or extend LVE.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jaylon is a nice story that simply hasn't worked out........I'd release him and sign this guy. I mean take your loss and move on.

4869921.jpg

except Jaylon leads the team in tackles. Twice.

and has a Pro Bowl.

and he’s the starting MLB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
It appears Quinn thought Jaylon and LVE were the problem with Cowboys defense last season. I mean everyone craps on Jaylon but Cowboys Zone posters thought it was a mistake to not pick up or extend LVE.

LVE will get a new deal.

he has a Pro Bowl.

it’s cheaper for Dallas to work a new deal than extend the 5th year.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score

and has a Pro Bowl.

Get off it, Momma Smith. Anyone with a clear-eyed view knows your boy is washed. He's embarrassing himself on the field. And you're embarrassing yourself by defending his play. I guess a mother's love is blind. Maybe your boy can hook you up with some prescription shades.

phildadon86

Reaction score

and has a Pro Bowl.

Yeah. In tackles 10 yards the wrong way. Go check out his tackles for a loss. Jaylon is hot garbage. Hence the demotion to special teams. He may be the highest paid special teams player in the league

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The difference is none of those linebackers then doubled down in a condescending way saying “watch the tape”. They also aren’t getting paid like Jaylon either. Being the best of a bunch of scrubs on the worst defense in franchise history isn’t something to be happy about. Especially getting paid like him. And then telling reporters to watch your tape, and then even worse doubling down on that falsehood and bringing LeBron and MJ into it. The guy is so caught up in himself and his brand he forgot that football got him there.
Yeah see I don’t listen or care about what these guys say On a microphone. The guy is constantly attacked so him being defensive or saying check the tape is nothing to me personally. I just gauge his play that’s on the field and yes it wasn’t good. However, all I said was he was the best of the bunch and I was addressing the comment about him getting tackles down field.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Get off it, Momma Smith. Anyone with a clear-eyed view knows your boy is washed. He's embarrassing himself on the field. And you're embarrassing yourself by defending his play. I guess a mother's love is blind. Maybe your boy can hook you up with some prescription shades.

Those D stats really rain on the #JaylonHate parade.

I gotta see a dip in production before I join in the #hate

and so far I ain't seeing it.

bigE79

Reaction score
It's easy to make jokes, but I'm old enough to remember Darren Woodson played on all special teams even after he became a perennial all-pro. The Cowboys need to take kick and punt coverage more seriously and this could be a sign of that.
I'm old enough to know,cliff Harris and Charlie waters played special teams and Hollywood also.