Women's World Cup

Galian Beast

Reaction score
LOL!!!!! She’d kick yo *** in 30 secs or less.

In a real fight? I seriously doubt it. In a wrestling or judo match, maybe even in a ufc fight? Probably. Again, I have 80 lbs on her. Not sure you know how large of a difference that is. You were probably one of those people who thought she could fight Mayweather too.

Look up a video of her losing to a high school wrestler. Note that wrestler could beat me in wrestling for sure as well, but if you think that Nunes who rocked her in less than 20 seconds with her reach and size means she could fight someone with far longer reach and size... you're mistaken.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In a real fight? I seriously doubt it. In a wrestling or judo match, maybe even in a ufc fight? Probably. Again, I have 80 lbs on her. Not sure you know how large of a difference that is. You were probably one of those people who thought she could fight Mayweather too.

Look up a video of her losing to a high school wrestler. Note that wrestler could beat me in wrestling for sure as well, but if you think that Nunes who rocked her in less than 20 seconds with her reach and size means she could fight someone with far longer reach and size... you're mistaken.
I didn’t follow her but in the Marines we trained with experience UFC fighters and weight has very little bearing against someone trained in mixed martial arts. I gurantee you she’d kick your *** and not even break a sweat. And a real fight is MMA.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I didn’t follow her but in the Marines we trained with experience UFC fighters and weight has very little bearing against someone trained in mixed martial arts. I gurantee you she’d kick your *** and not even break a sweat. And a real fight is MMA.

I was also in the Army, very out of shape, but at 210, having 75 pounds on her and a significant amount of muscle more than her, in a real fight (i.e. that isn't MMA, MMA has rules) she would have a very difficult time beating me.

Could I beat a 135 male UFC male fighter? No, I think I would lose there, but again, that's very different.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I was also in the Army, very out of shape, but at 210, having 75 pounds on her and a significant amount of muscle more than her, in a real fight (i.e. that isn't MMA, MMA has rules) she would have a very difficult time beating me.

Could I beat a 135 male UFC male fighter? No, I think I would lose there, but again, that's very different.

You’re ignorance is going to get you hurt some day. Hopefully you’re not as cocky in person as you are behind a keyboard or someone will clean your clock.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Do I think I could win in a fight against someone who is relatively my height and 260-280 lbs?

Certainly not... If I trained for 3 years for the fight and got back into top shape, maybe even dropped 30 lbs, while gaining more muscle? Nope...

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather is perhaps the greatest boxer in this era, maybe even of all time. He has conquered multiple weight classes. Do you see him fighting ANY heavyweights?

I mean, it's ridiculous.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
To give some context, Mayweather has fought from super featherweight to light-middleweight.

That's as few as 126 lbs to as heavy as 154 lbs.

There is very good reason why he never fought middleweights.

https://www.mlive.com/mayweather/2014/03/floyd_mayweather_should_limit.html

"I'm not talking about any middleweights or super middleweights, none of that stuff," Floyd Mayweather Sr. said, referring to possible future opponents. "I'm talking about stuff within reason, someone pretty close to his weight class, and someone who thinks he can stand up there and do what Floyd does.

"I'm not saying Floyd can't whip a middleweight like (Sergio) Martinez or (Julio Cesar) Chavez Jr., because he can. He whips middleweights in the gym all the time. But I just look at weight because weight means something. Even though you're not the best boxer, the bigger man has got the much better chance of knocking him down, or knocking him out, or whatever, because you've got all the power. You're a much bigger person."

Here he is only talking about an additional 6 lbs.

Again, I have 75 lbs on Rousey. She was rocked by nunes who is 135 with 15 seconds. And listen I'm not fluffing my sails here. I don't think she is beating anyone at my weight and to be honest, I don't think she's beating many people under my weight either, at least not men that are relatively fit.

At her best, her coach said she could bench press 100 lbs 15 times. In shape, I can bench well over 200.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
i agree with Galian
without super powers its highly unlikely technique can beat mass, strength etc
it aint the movies
now people do get lucky and some big people are big crybabies

Galian Beast

Reaction score
i agree with Galian
without super powers its highly unlikely technique can beat mass, strength etc
it aint the movies
now people do get lucky and some big people are big crybabies

I mean don't get me wrong. If I dropped 40 lbs and she gained 40 lbs (muscle), I think she would destroy me. But I don't think she is going to overcome 70-80 lbs with technique alone.

Also, don't get me wrong. A male fighter at 135 would be a completely different question, especially of equivalent size.

In a street fight, my legs alone would prove a huge disadvantage for Rousey at 135 lbs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're one of the few people who think because she beat jobbers in a division that was freshly formed excluding the major talent in women's fighting that she was a legitimate GOAT level champion.

Remind me who she beat to become champion in the first place. What champions did she beat? She dodged everyone who was at 145. She dodged fighters like Nunes and Holm. Had UFC created a proper tournament or ranking system, she wouldn't have been champion in the first place or at the very least wouldn't have been for long.

If she hadn't been the champion, nobody would be watching woman's MMA. Thats just a fact you are going to have to digest b/c that is just the way it went down..

Why the heck would she chase fights at 145? Why pander for a fight with a steroid cheat? I'm sure you've got all the answers.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If she hadn't been the champion, nobody would be watching woman's MMA. Thats just a fact you are going to have to digest b/c that is just the way it went down..

Why the heck would she chase fights at 145? Why pander for a fight with a steroid cheat? I'm sure you've got all the answers.

That's silly. That's like saying is Felicia Hardy hadn't been the champion nobody would be watching women's mma.

There's always someone. The problem here is she was made champion and she didn't beat anyone to get it. She was granted the tile upon strikeforce being absorbed by UFC. There was never a tournament or ranking system to determine who she would fight or who should be champion. As a result she fought nobodies.

GOATs try to compete against other GOATs and she will never be one.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's silly. That's like saying is Felicia Hardy hadn't been the champion nobody would be watching women's mma.

There's always someone. The problem here is she was made champion and she didn't beat anyone to get it. She was granted the tile upon strikeforce being absorbed by UFC. There was never a tournament or ranking system to determine who she would fight or who should be champion. As a result she fought nobodies.

GOATs try to compete against other GOATs and she will never be one.

Did I call her the GOAT? You seem to be arguing against a position I never took. My only point is that whatever you think of Rousey compared to the 2 chicks who beat her, they all owe HER a debt of gratitude b/c woman's MMA was going to nowhere until she came along and it certainly was not headlining cards

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Did I call her the GOAT? You seem to be arguing against a position I never took. My only point is that whatever you think of Rousey compared to the 2 chicks who beat her, they all owe HER a debt of gratitude b/c woman's MMA was going to nowhere until she came along and it certainly was not headlining cards

Again, that simply isn't true. When the UFC created a women's division aka when they absorbed strikeforce they named her champion. Literally anyone could have done the same. What did she do to headline? She beat opponents in a forming weight class? Again, who did she beat and could these other women not have done the same? If the UFC decides on 145 lbs vs 135 for instance, that would have opened things up.

Why did it take years for her to fight people on the quality of holm and nunes? This is a media created and UFC generated propaganda. Let's give someone the championship, put her up against people who have no business fighting in a title fight and when she racks up wins, people will get excited.

Don't look too deep into this comparison, but look at Goldberg in the WCW. It's very easy to generate popularity and buzz and anyone could have been put in that place. Name one champion or pre-existing champion that she beat.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Royce Gracie use to fight people who weighed twice as much as he did. This guy had 300 pounds on him. :):)

I don't think 130 pound women is going to beat a 200 plus pound dude who isn't a total wimp unless she some how got him to the ground. Just not physically strong enough.

It is pretty rare that they have the power to knock out any one in their own weight class let alone a guy with 70 plus pounds on them.

jimmy40

Reaction score

Rousey literally looked like she'd never been in the ring before, that's how outclassed she was.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's simply not true. Rousey started MMA in 2011. Holly Holm started boxing in professionally in 2002. She started MMA exactly the same time as Rousey. The problem was that Rousey was a paper champion fighting no one of note, which is how she was able to beat people so easily in a weight class tailor-made for her. She was able to duck the featherweights like Cyborg while dominating a weight class that never really was developed previously.

The women’s division was still developing in Rousey’s heyday. Even seasoned fighters like Meisha Tate (whom Rousey fought/beat) would be outclassed today.

Ducking Cyborg, lol?

Cyborg was busy getting popped for PEDs.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
The women’s division was still developing in Rousey’s heyday. Even seasoned fighters like Meisha Tate (whom Rousey fought/beat) would be outclassed today.

Ducking Cyborg, lol?

Cyborg was busy getting popped for PEDs.

Coenen on Rousey - "She is a great grappler. The way she took out Sarah Kaufman was amazing and so unexpected to me. But she does lack balls, she judoed at 154lbs, entered Strikeforce at 145lbs and when she had to fight Cris Cyborg she dropped to 135lbs. Using me as an example. Let me tell you this, I fought Cyborg (and will do so in the future again) and then was asked by Strikeforce to drop to 135lbs. Having said all this, career wise it was really smart of her and she deserves a master in PR. She doesn’t care how she gets there, as long as she gets there. And she’s successful at it, looking at the magazine covers like ESPN and changing Dana White’s mind."