Woodson on Dak’s Cowboys Contract: 'Pay the Man'

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What exactly about this statement from Woodson doesn't make sense?

“When he’s on the sideline, they believe in him,” Woodson continued. “I can’t say the same thing about Tony Romo when he was here a few years ago. I can’t say that this team and these players thought, “Ok, well Romo’s going to bail us out,” or “we’re down by fourteen, Romo’s going to do this,” or “we’re up by fourteen, Romo’s not going to turn the ball over.” No, no, no. They didn’t believe. There is something about (Dak) in that locker room that they all rally behind.”

Well for starters that segment that you just requoted doesn’t make sense

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I often wonder if the Dak fanatics have mental or emotional problems. I really don’t understand how a slightly below average player can generate such a loyal following considering his lack of talent in so many key areas of his game.

Because all of them you just described hated Romo’s guts. It literally did not matter to them who was the next guy that took his place. That guy is going to be their hero and they are going to double down on him and defend him no matter what

It’s really not any more complicated than that

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
You can't say a thing for sure, you know why? you weren't part of the team!!! Dak instills no faith in me at all. I only have faith in the other players on the team. I love Woodson as player , but he has no concept of the position, if he's trying to support Dak over Romo , it's ridiculous not only based on the numbers but the eye test. Even most analyst know what Dak is. Wake up you guys, don't drink the Woodson kool aid. Woodson is probably spending his money on crack right now it seems.

Were you part of the team? Woodson is a heck of a lot closer than you will ever be.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Because someone who wasn't even on the team when he was the QB thinks he knows what Romo's teammates were thinking?

Because he is alumni, and he probably still has connections within the team.
Did you see anyone tearing up when Dak took his job??

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And yes, Cooper has helped a lot. Which is what many of us Dak guys told guys like you. That he needed better pass catcher. Looks what happened when they added noe.

Cooper has helped a lot catching some badly thrown passes, making adjustments to catch them.

JBond

Reaction score
Looking at what is out there in FA and the options in the draft, I don't know if they have a choice. They had better get a coach in for him and tweak that offense.
I like the Clemson kid a couple years down the road. This draft is weak.

lockster

Reaction score
Im still crying everday!!! for real qb !!! Romo was head and shoulders over Dak and they let him go. please!!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That woodson knows what all the players on the team think. I mean that is an amazing feat, even if you talk to just a few players and they tell you what they think, but he is talking about everybody. And not only that he must've talked to everybody on every one of romo's teams for each year too and know exactly what he thought. Yes it all makes sense, that he knows the thoughts of all those teams.

Hurts doesn't it?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Well for starters that segment that you just requoted doesn’t make sense

Was the same for me. Like I said, it seems like people take such quote to heart without even thinking about them. I always liked woody :) even got his autograph waiting at a home depot one time. But just because I will always admire somebody for what they did in sports doesn't mean I'll automatically buy into what they are saying.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

And if those connection are a faction within the team that share a certain set of opinions that differs from other team members that Woody isn't close with... you honestly don't see the problem here?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
That's what great receivers do. For all their QB's. The great ones make the tough catch, the others don't.

There is a difference between the great receivers making an occasional tough catch, versus it being a thing that we fans who are watching see in every game. This makes me think of what Michael Irvin said about Aikman, about how he could run his route and if he had his eyes clothes, many of those balls would hit him perfectly in the arms. I don't think that would be true with Dak at this point.

GenoT

Reaction score
There’s a simple formula for computing Jerry Jones’ next Dak contract:

[76yo owner (GM)] x [40yo brain + 1.75L (Johnnie Blue)] +/- (Stephen Jones Effect x Stripper Bus Measure) + (Average Jimmy Johnson Envy Factor) =

YIKE$$$$!!?!

Dre11

Reaction score
Who do you blame for Dak's regression and how do we fix the free fall?

Normal regression from a improbable rookie season, there was always going to be a regression. There was no way he was going to duplicate that success. The two teams in year 2 and 3 were different teams from year one, they weren't as good on the offensive side.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Even in 2016, he crumbled when defenses blitzed him and pressured him, as the Giants did.
maybe he can do some commercials for this. "I'm not just a spokesman, I'm part owner!"

xdakx.jpg