Wordle the word game that’s all the craze

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use the same first three words and almost always get it in 4 (mostly) or 5 attempts and almost always under 60 seconds with many less than 30 seconds.

I have gotten it in 2 or 3 attempts a few times but that was when my first word matched 4 or 5 letters in the word of the day.

That may be why I do not have an understanding of why the number of attempts or time it took matters.

Also, it shows me as failing 2 but I have never failed to guess any of them so I am assuming I left before an update was made.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I use the same first three words and almost always get it in 4 (mostly) or 5 attempts and almost always under 60 seconds with many less than 30 seconds.

I have gotten it in 2 or 3 attempts a few times but that was when my first word matched 4 or 5 letters in the word of the day.

That may be why I do not have an understanding of why the number of attempts or time it took matters.

Also, it shows me as failing 2 but I have never failed to guess any of them so I am assuming I left before an update was made.
BTW, it's kinda fun to try to reverse engineer @Juggernaut 's guesses, to see if you can figure out what words he used to get him to the answer. :D

Juggernaut

Reaction score
black black black black black
black yellow black yellow yellow
green green green green green
Thanks for posting your grids guys. Swing and a miss for @DoctorChicken on that first guess, but what a comeback to get it in three total guesses after that rough start. @Vtwin it's nice to get a green letter on the first guess, but it sucks to whiff on the second guess. Of course the second guess eliminated four more letters, but it'd be nice to at least get a yellow letter. Was your third guess ALIAS? :D
BTW, it's kinda fun to try to reverse engineer @Juggernaut 's guesses, to see if you can figure out what words he used to get him to the answer. :D
I agree. It's interesting seeing someone whiff on the first guess and nail it by the third guess or if they have to use all six guesses after a good first guess. It'd sure be nice if we could post the emojis. :D

Last edited:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Slow start, but four guesses on Sunday.
YH33DLY.png
:cool:

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Thanks for posting your grids guys. Swing and a miss for @DoctorChicken on that first guess, but what a comeback to get it in three total guesses after that rough start. @Vtwin it's nice to get a green letter on the first guess, but it sucks to whiff on the second guess. Of course the second guess eliminated four more letters, but it'd be nice to at least get a yellow letter. Was your third guess ALIAS? :D

I agree. It's interesting seeing someone whiff on the first guess and nail it by the third guess or if they have to use all six guesses after a good first guess. It'd sure be nice if we could post the emojis. :D

I can't recall what my third guess yesterday was. I had already eliminated the A so it wouldn't have been ALIAS. Bugs me that I can't remember. I would have been consonant searching.

Creeper

Reaction score

I do something similar. I have an opening word then depending on what that shows I have some other go to words.

But recently the word has been similar to a bunch of other words - 4 letters the same but 1 letter is different. If you get the first 4 letters in position by the third guess then you wind up guessing what the final letter is because there may be 6 or 7 letters that work in the final spot. I think the trick is not to try to guess at that point but to use a word that uses as many of the letters that may fit on the next guess hoping to get the final letter in one guess.