Working Out...Time Of Day/Motivation

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
iraN5fsGZBijd.gif

Stryker44

Reaction score
Do you all taper your training with weights, cardio, or both, if you anticipate doing an event over a weekend that will require a large bit of endurance? Typically by the end of the week I feel pretty tired from work and/or working out.

Going to a 3 day music festival at the end of the month and want to be able to feel fresh there and also resume weight and cardio training upon my return.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Do you all taper your training with weights, cardio, or both, if you anticipate doing an event over a weekend that will require a large bit of endurance? Typically by the end of the week I feel pretty tired from work and/or working out.

Going to a 3 day music festival at the end of the month and want to be able to feel fresh there and also resume weight and cardio training upon my return.

As long as you eat right you should feel fresh for a music festival.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Cross Fit

Meh had to delete youtube link. noticed a cruse word

Look up BroScienceLife and watch his crossfit video. It's epic hilarious.

"Crossfit is a lifestyle, it starts in the gym, and ends up on your facebook"

Lol.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Crossfit... ugh. In my opinion if you are trying to gain size Crossfit is the worst thing you could do.

Monday: Chest/Abs
Tues: Back/Calves
Wed: Shoulders/Abs
Thurs: Arms/Calves
Friday Legs/ Abs
Saturday: Rest.
Sunday: Start the cycle over again.

I work/college(Human Bio/Chem degree)/have a son yet I still have time to workout normally around 1030 P.M daily.

Invest in a preworkout if you are having trouble being unmotivated or feeling tired.

Arnold once said, everytime you are sitting on the couch just remember someone else out there is winning, getting smarter, or getting stronger.

Yeah crossfit is not a good way to gain size at all. Although I've seen guys do normal mass building regimens and supplement them with crossfit to get that really cut, rock hard look.

Overall it's a good combination, but that's a ton of time and effort for me.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Cross Fit

Meh had to delete youtube link. noticed a cruse word

Look up BroScienceLife and watch his crossfit video. It's epic hilarious.

"Crossfit is a lifestyle, it starts in the gym, and ends up on your facebook"

Lol.
lol, that video is awesome. Actually, pretty much all BroScienceLife is funny.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Yeah crossfit is not a good way to gain size at all. Although I've seen guys do normal mass building regimens and supplement them with crossfit to get that really cut, rock hard look.

Overall it's a good combination, but that's a ton of time and effort for me.

Yeah crossfit is ok for the average person wanting to actually be in the gym, but it does not promote muscle building. For toning it is possible, but really weightlifting will give you the same results if you vary of rep ranges.

I kinda tell my clients to steer clear of crossfit. Most of the people who do it risk injury. I do enjoy the LOL's from it when I watch them though :)

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah crossfit is ok for the average person wanting to actually be in the gym, but it does not promote muscle building. For toning it is possible, but really weightlifting will give you the same results if you vary of rep ranges.

I kinda tell my clients to steer clear of crossfit. Most of the people who do it risk injury. I do enjoy the LOL's from it when I watch them though :)

Yeah. Bad form everywhere. Don't get me started on kipping pull-ups.

I don't think it's without it's purpose, though. You're bound to be in better shape, despite the higher risk of injury, and I'm all for people getting into shape and being more active. And you're right. Average people are bound to see beginner gains from it.

But I do have many, many gripes with it.

... Not to sound creepy, but I do like what crossfit can do for a girl's body, though. It's just a healthier look than getting tooth-pick thin from dieting and the elliptical.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
How much water are you guys drinking a day? I started chugging 1 gallon of water a day but I'm reading that people should drink 1.5-2 gallons. That's crazy.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
How much water are you guys drinking a day? I started chugging 1 gallon of water a day but I'm reading that people should drink 1.5-2 gallons. That's crazy.

I don't think it really matters, just stay hydrated and keep your urine clear. It gets to the point where your body can't hold all of it and you just pee more frequently. It's just washing straight through you.

RastaRocket

Reaction score

I don't think it's without it's purpose, though. You're bound to be in better shape, despite the higher risk of injury, and I'm all for people getting into shape and being more active. And you're right. Average people are bound to see beginner gains from it.

... Not to sound creepy, but I do like what crossfit can do for a girl's body, though. It's just a healthier look than getting tooth-pick thin from dieting and the elliptical.

Girls can be hot like that without crossfit.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think it really matters, just stay hydrated and keep your urine clear. It gets to the point where your body can't hold all of it and you just pee more frequently. It's just washing straight through you.

I think drinking at least 1/2 a gallon a day is a must for anyone into fitness though. Serious lifters should get at least 1 gallon and that's not easy to do

Szczepanik

Reaction score

Yeah I will agree, it is better than not doing something! Yeah most women need to do higher rep ranges and keep the cardio up which is what crossfit does well. There were a few kids in my gym the other day who tried taking up half of the 24 hour fitness doing random snatches, deadlifts and pullups with the nutty form.

I stayed far away lol.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think drinking at least 1/2 a gallon a day is a must for anyone into fitness though. Serious lifters should get at least 1 gallon and that's not easy to do

I drink a gallon a day all but one day a week. It's easier once you get a system down.

I just bought one of those gallons of water at a drug store and kept refilling it, just to keep track and be able to pace myself throughout the day-- it's easier when you can see where you are at each hour of the day.

Fill it up first thing in the morning, and take it with me to the gym. I knock down about 25-35 ounces in my workout alone, sometimes more.

Then I carry it with me to work. I keep it under my desk, and have a 9 oz cup from the office water cooler that I fill up as the day goes on. The 9 oz cup is small enough to not seem like a ton of water, but it makes a nice dent in the gallon each time I fill it up.

So by the time I get to work, I just have about 10 cups I need to get down in 8 hours. Very manageable, but I have to go to the bathroom a lot, ha.

Szczepanik

Reaction score

I drink a gallon at least a day. If you drink a gallon a day or tons of water, you actually burn ALOT of calories overall.

A lot of lifters will drink this much water not only to stay hydrated, but to flush out the liver and kidneys while they are on performance enhancers.

If you don't drink enough water on one of the enhancers, you can risk skin jaundice, and liver toxification. Yikes. **I DON"T TAKE THESE!!!*

Fat burners require lots of water intake.

Umm, preworkout require 10 oz water usually.

When I wake up ill drink 10 oz right away. Before a workout ill drink 10 oz or more with preworkout. During my workout i usually sip on 10 oz mixed with amino acids. Postworkout I drink another 10 oz water mixed with protein.

Also sipping on water throughout the day.
In the end, you drink more than you think you do!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Also a note about drinking a gallon of water a day. I feel incredible once I get to around 80-90 ounces. Depends on how fast I drink.

Just for reference sake, I weigh about 185lbs.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah I will agree, it is better than not doing something! Yeah most women need to do higher rep ranges and keep the cardio up which is what crossfit does well. There were a few kids in my gym the other day who tried taking up half of the 24 hour fitness doing random snatches, deadlifts and pullups with the nutty form.

I stayed far away lol.

hahaha. Yeah I wouldn't trust them near me with poor form snatches.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Good stuff guys. I drink 6 full bottles of water in a 20z water bottle. Every meal I try to chug down 20 oz.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
lol, that video is awesome. Actually, pretty much all BroScienceLife is funny.

Yeah I love BroScienceLife.

His most recent IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) Video is so hilarious.

As for drinking 1 gallon of water, some people have trouble with that? If I set up a gallon jug next to me while I'm on the computer it'd be done in a few hours. If you're working out often, get at least a gallon a day, specially if you're taking supplements.