Working Out...Time Of Day/Motivation

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Um, no. More along the lines that your body stores carbs not immediately burned through exercise as fat.

IF you eat excess amount of calories than your body needs consistently it will store any macronutrient as fat.

Protein, Carbs, or Fat. If you need 1800 calories to maintain your current weight and you eat 2100 calories in apples everyday you will eventually get fat.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
IF you eat excess amount of calories than your body needs consistently it will store any macronutrient as fat.

Protein, Carbs, or Fat. If you need 1800 calories to maintain your current weight and you eat 2100 calories in apples everyday you will eventually get fat.

Not saying you're wrong but that's a funny choice for an example considering Apples are a big source of carbs and that's what he's worried about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not saying you're wrong but that's a funny choice for an example considering Apples are a big source of carbs and that's what he's worried about.

Yeah I made it clear that the macronutrient source doesn't matter though.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Um, no. More along the lines that your body stores carbs not immediately burned through exercise as fat.

I'm no nutritionist, but to my knowledge carbs get a bad rep a little unfairly. Foods that are high in carbs are typically going to be high in calories and therefore people attribute carbs making them fat.

Like off the top of my head I can't think of foods that are high in carbs and not in calories. Unlike Protein... this morning I had 2oz of white tuna chunk, only 60 calories but 13 grams of protein.

I could be wrong though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm no nutritionist, but to my knowledge carbs get a bad rep a little unfairly. Foods that are high in carbs are typically going to be high in calories and therefore people attribute carbs making them fat.

Like off the top of my head I can't think of foods that are high in carbs and not in calories. Unlike Protein... this morning I had 2oz of white tuna chunk, only 60 calories but 13 grams of protein.

I could be wrong though.

If you are in a calorie deficit then lowering your carbs and upping your protein usually seems to be the standard for people looking to maintain as much muscle as possible.

It's more for body composition. If you aren't concerned with maintaining muscle when losing weight then you could keep your protein lower and your carbs a little higher.

For me personally I try to eat 2 servings of veggies and 2 servings of fruit when im wanting to drop weight for my carbs. If my energy gets really low then I may have a potato or some kind of simple sugar like chocolate.

Jenky

Reaction score

I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure what you mean.

1g carb = 4 calories
1g protein = 4 calories
1g fat = 9 calories

Carbs get a bad rep because people eat TONS of refined carbs which adds up tremendously and they don't even know it lol. This affects glycemic index (which i don't care for) and glycemic load. For instance 1 cup of rice is 45 grams of carbs (? about). Now imagine a loaf of bread, a pizza, or a cake.

But there's a knock on every macronutrient.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I ate carbs and still lost weight. It's impossible to live without tortillas, fajitas are one meal I will never give up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I ate carbs and still lost weight. It's impossible to live without tortillas, fajitas are one meal I will never give up.

You can eat anything and lose weight. You can eat anything and gain weight as well. It's all about the total amount of calories and how many you need to gain, lose, or maintain your weight.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean.

1g carb = 4 calories
1g protein = 4 calories
1g fat = 9 calories

Carbs get a bad rep because people eat TONS of refined carbs which adds up tremendously and they don't even know it lol. This affects glycemic index (which i don't care for) and glycemic load. For instance 1 cup of rice is 45 grams of carbs (? about). Now imagine a loaf of bread, a pizza, or a cake.

But there's a knock on every macronutrient.

Makes sense. Again, I'm no nutritionist. I tend not to worry about which macros I'm getting and just focus on total calories with common sense attached.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
And what I meant was that usually it's gotten a bad reputation because when people think 'carbs' they don't think good carbs like Sweet Potatoes, Oats and Whole Wheats... they think of pasta... and usually they put a ton of cheese on their pasta and over indulge.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
And what I meant was that usually it's gotten a bad reputation because when people think 'carbs' they don't think good carbs like Sweet Potatoes, Oats and Whole Wheats... they think of pasta... and usually they put a ton of cheese on their pasta and over indulge.

The only reason they are considered "good Carbs" is because they have more nutrients and fiber.

As far as weight gain and weight loss go 400 calories of sweet potato and 400 calories of pop tarts will effect your body composition the same way.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The only reason they are considered "good Carbs" is because they have more nutrients and fiber.

As far as weight gain and weight loss go 400 calories of sweet potato and 400 calories of pop tarts will effect your body composition the same way.

True, but most won't slather a sweet potato or oats in mozzarella or alfredo.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
True, but most won't slather a sweet potato or oats in mozzarella or alfredo.

Exactly and that creates excess calories. That is why I stick to "healthy foods" whenever im dieting because I can eat more food.

Give me 500 calories of sweet potato or oatmeal over 500 calories of cake any day when dieting . The amount of food you get when you compare the 2 usually isn't even close.

Im on an asparagus kick right now. Its kinda expensive but its like the bacon of vegetables and I can eat so much of it and its hardly any calories.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Exactly and that creates excess calories. That is why I stick to "healthy foods" whenever im dieting because I can eat more food.

Give me 500 calories of sweet potato or oatmeal over 500 calories of cake any day when dieting . The amount of food you get when you compare the 2 usually isn't even close.

Im on an asparagus kick right now. Its kinda expensive but its like the bacon of vegetables and I can eat so much of it and its hardly any calories.

Yeah I don't know who was responsible for this because it can be found in many places, but this was pretty cool.

What 200 calories looks like in various foods

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Try eating 1600 calories a day of lean meat and vegetables, it's not anywhere near as easy as eating 1600 calories of "junk food"....

TheCowboy

Reaction score
You can eat anything and lose weight. You can eat anything and gain weight as well. It's all about the total amount of calories and how many you need to gain, lose, or maintain your weight.

This is 100% true. Count calories more than anything. Eat enough protein to maintain muscle and use those calories especially for a protein source. I lost 80 lbs in one year, and trying to get to 200 lbs at around 10% BF by the end of the year.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I don't count calories, I just eat healthy until I feel full and it seems to work out. However, I am not a big person. Right now I'm weighing in at a whopping 170 lbs.