World Cup 2014

MC KAos

Reaction score
Some stat freaks said its the equivalent of an nfl game ending 63-20

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Some stat freaks said its the equivalent of an nfl game ending 63-20
Honestly, I think that sounds a lot less extreme than 7-1...given the context.

I don't even know how you get to 20 with only 1 score either unless they're counting misses as FGs or something lol

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

I don't even know how you get to 20 with only 1 score either unless they're counting misses as FGs or something lol

I am sure the metric he used was to take average game scores in both sports over some set period and then weight them.

Obviously 63 doesn't neatly fit into 7 except by a factor of 9, so we know he wasn't using the same multiplier for winning and losing score. --since it wasn't 63-9. --btw I'd argue that 63-9 feels about right as far as level of butt stomping.

Whatever the case that game goes to show why you don't want Soccer scoring a lot more goals.
Unless you were German or just strongly anti-Brazil that was a snoozefest.
Not sure a German player was actually marked the entire game.
I would have been calling for the head of a youth coach whose team defended that poorly.

I love David Luiz but his attempt to replace Neymar as a CAM and leave the back line overexposed at all times was just a joke.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

I am no stat freak... Was more like 56-3 to me

Ren

Reaction score
The first world cup I ever watched was 86 so this is really cool

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
I think that Brazil without Neymar & Silva will lose to Germany, and that Argentina will be just too good for the Dutch.

If that is the case lets hope for a final more like that of 1986 rather than that of 1990.

Well it worked out, although I'm not sure Argentina were any better than the Dutch.

I fear that the final may be a bit of an anti-climax.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
I am sure the metric he used was to take average game scores in both sports over some set period and then weight them.

Obviously 63 doesn't neatly fit into 7 except by a factor of 9, so we know he wasn't using the same multiplier for winning and losing score. --since it wasn't 63-9. --btw I'd argue that 63-9 feels about right as far as level of butt stomping.

Whatever the case that game goes to show why you don't want Soccer scoring a lot more goals.
Unless you were German or just strongly anti-Brazil that was a snoozefest.
Not sure a German player was actually marked the entire game.
I would have been calling for the head of a youth coach whose team defended that poorly.

I love David Luiz but his attempt to replace Neymar as a CAM and leave the back line overexposed at all times was just a joke.

Eh? That was a once in a life time type game that will be talked about for the next 40 odd years. I was sat stunned and my phone hasn't been that busy for years, not sure snoozefest is anywhere near how I'd describe that.
The sentence before the one I bolded I agree with though, the reason being what I just typed above.
On an unrelated note it was nice to see the Germans come out and play in the second half and not "sportingly" avoid running up the score.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Well it worked out, although I'm not sure Argentina were any better than the Dutch.

I fear that the final may be a bit of an anti-climax.

The Germans better win. Apart from them being the nation, outwith Scotland, that I've supported since Italia '90 and Lothar Matthaus (though currently I'm a big fan of Croatia) I said before the start I thought it'd be a Germany Argentina final with the Argies winning but put all my World Cup money on an each way bet for Dzeko to be top scorer so I'll be annoyed for two reasons if the Argentinians do end up winning it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

That game was not a case in point. Both teams should score more. That game would have been a thriller if Brazil would have answered those goals.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
That game was not a case in point. Both teams should score more. That game would have been a thriller if Brazil would have answered those goals.

You do realise you're advocating completely changing the most popular sport on the planet, it's rules and how it is played in order to make it more appealing to people who don't like it in one country in which at least in terms of viewing figures it is already gaining popularity and how ridiculous an idea that is?

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score

How in the world can you actually increase scoring?

I think it's a completely terrible idea to change the game, but what is your solution to the "problem"?

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Side note. You can always watch Futsal or beach soccer if you want a different variation of the game with more scoring.