World Cup

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
except for Alexi Lalas, dont hate the guy but he is a bit grating and comes across like a pompous *** at times

Alexei representing! Prefer the Dutch commentator, though he is difficult to understand, as he provides insights without the hackneyed Alpha jock posturing of Lalas. The old Russian coach was not the best choice IMO though I respect his experience and knowledge and connection to the host country. He's just not very engaging.

Last edited:

Londonboy

Reaction score
Alexei representing! Prefer the Dutch commentator, though he is difficult to understand, as he provides insights without the hackneyed Alpha jock posturing of Lalas. The old Russian coach was not the best choice IMO though I respect his experience and knowledge and connection to the host country. He's just not very engaging.
Alexi Lalas, a hard to understand Dutchman and a poe-faced old Russian, that sounds like a heck of a line-up.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
What single player has surprised you the most?

For me it is easily Jordan Pickford.
I didn't rate him even a top 5 EPL GK last season but he's easily been top 5 at this tourney.

DFWJC

Reaction score
With only 8 teams having ever won the World Cup title, this will be interesting.

Previous winners

Brazil has 5 titles
Germany has 4
Italy has 4
Argentina has 2
Uruguay has 2
England has 1
France has 1
Spain has 1

ALL other countries have ZERO
Including
Belgium
Croatia

Flamma

Reaction score
With only 8 teams having ever won the World Cup title, this will be interesting.

Previous winners

Brazil has 5 titles
Germany has 4
Italy has 4
Argentina has 2
Uruguay has 2
England has 1
France has 1
Spain has 1

ALL other countries have ZERO
Including
Belgium
Croatia

Think of this. The finals have been dominated by 4 teams. Brazil, Italy, Germany, and Argentina. We've had 20 WC finals and one or more of those teams have been in every one except for 1. This will be the second.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
England vs Croatia in the Semi-Final, wow.
Funny-Cat-GIF-Michael-The-famous-blue-cat-acting-like-human-loves-watching-FIFA-World-Cap-Vamos-Vamos.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I picked Belgium from day 1. Obscene amount of world class talent on the field. The fruits of their national commitment to soccer academies.

Too bad the winner of Belgium-France has to stick around to play England or Croatia. That semifinal should be the final. No offense to our English cowboy fans.