World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208116 said:
This is disgraceful. It's just a game you moron. I am as mad as anyone, but it takes a sick, pathetic persn to wish that on someone over a damn game.

Yep. I can't believe what some of you are saying right now.

rcaldw

Reaction score
If Larussa had managed our team, it would have been over in 5. But in Wash's defense, he has taken us farther than we ever went before. He gets kudos for that.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208120 said:
Back to back series appearances is a great accomplishment. What makes this tough is that the better team lost. And that is just the absolute truth. We were out managed.

Yep. But you know, **** happens. And it's just a game, that I know I stress over. But man does this hurt.

utrunner07

Reaction score
well, hard way to lose it, very hard way. Would love to blame the ump tonight and if it were not for last night I probably would (lame I know), but as hard as they tried this game was lost last night and it was lost pretty much as a team. Washington, the entire pitching staff, the ENTIRE PITCHING STAFF, and a few others specifically for just awful fielding. Hard way to lose it thinking of this. I think in a couple weeks things will be better. Looking back over this season I am proud of the team. We struggled through a lot it seemed with injuries and all and always fought hard. We'll bounce back strong again next year, this is a good strong team, need to fill some holes especially in the bullpen though I think what this team really needs was what it just got, experience, just an unfortunate way to get it.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208122 said:
Yep. I can't believe what some of you are saying right now.

Agreed. WAY out of line. It just shows what kind of a person someone is.... this is a GAME.

jimmy40

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208116 said:
This is disgraceful. It's just a game you moron. I am as mad as anyone, but it takes a sick, pathetic persn to wish that on someone over a damn game.
yeah, that was over the top, maybe a blowout on the way home.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208120 said:
Back to back series appearances is a great accomplishment. What makes this tough is that the better team lost. And that is just the absolute truth. We were out managed.

You know I agree, but you just can not manage an entire pitching staff meltdown its not totally on him. I really think Ron (and this team) will learn from this. March can't get here soon enough :)

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
CowTech;4208124 said:
You're right. Overdose was a low-blow.

Hope he develops cancer and dies a slow death. Hope the Cards plane crashes and they all survive the impact, then burn alive. Rangers need to move the **** out of Texas, sorry pieces of ****.
Pretty
much.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Well, in some ways it doesn't take long to get spoiled. Some fans literally go GENERATIONS without seeing their team in a world series (Cubs for example). We have seen it twice in two years. But man, you just don't get the chances we had very often.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Will we go after CC? I hope not. I'd try to keep Wilson even considering the stinkers he had in the WS, he will be fine. I think we really need a Cliff Lee type to set the pace for this staff though.

rcaldw

Reaction score
utrunner07;4208133 said:
You know I agree, but you just can not manage an entire pitching staff meltdown its not totally on him. I really think Ron (and this team) will learn from this. March can't get here soon enough :)

I could agree with you UT in terms of the overall series. But in my opinion Washington has to totally own what he did last night with Oliver. Hamilton pulls us from the dead with that HR, and you have 7,8 and pitcher (with no pinch hitters left), and you bring Oliver in. That was just unbelievably dense. And it cost us.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4208126 said:
well, hard way to lose it, very hard way. Would love to blame the ump tonight and if it were not for last night I probably would (lame I know), but as hard as they tried this game was lost last night and it was lost pretty much as a team. Washington, the entire pitching staff, the ENTIRE PITCHING STAFF, and a few others specifically for just awful fielding. Hard way to lose it thinking of this. I think in a couple weeks things will be better. Looking back over this season I am proud of the team. We struggled through a lot it seemed with injuries and all and always fought hard. We'll bounce back strong again next year, this is a good strong team, need to fill some holes especially in the bullpen though I think what this team really needs was what it just got, experience, just an unfortunate way to get it.

April 6th is when the new season thread will start and we beat the hell out of the White Sox. Hope to see you there.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208145 said:
I hope these posts make you feel better, because they sure as hell arent winning you any life points.

I hope the guy gets banned. He can't be over 15 years old. Then again, I saw a 30 year old guy who acts like a baby on the news the other day.

gmb85

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208136 said:
Well, in some ways it doesn't take long to get spoiled. Some fans literally go GENERATIONS without seeing their team in a world series (Cubs for example). We have seen it twice in two years. But man, you just don't get the chances we had very often.
What the Rangers did was amazing overall. But who knows if they will ever get back here. Lots of people are very depressed right now.

I'm sure once I watch some Cowboys and Mavs championship highlights I'll feel a lot better.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208140 said:
I could agree with you UT in terms of the overall series. But in my opinion Washington has to totally own what he did last night with Oliver. Hamilton pulls us from the dead with that HR, and you have 7,8 and pitcher (with no pinch hitters left), and you bring Oliver in. That was just unbelievably dense. And it cost us.

I hear you. And completely agree. I've enjoyed having you around rcaldw, didn't even know you were a fan until this series. I may have just not noticed that you may have posted in the other thread. Either way, hope you will be here next year to shoot the bull.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Red Dragon;4208130 said:
Perhaps THE most sickening sports defeat I've ever known.

Nothing beats the 1994 NFC Title game. Granted I was only 9, but it's one of only two times I can remember crying in public in my life, and the other was the death of my grandfather.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208140 said:

Yeah, I can't argue with you, it was a bad move. Nefi should have been left in IMO, shoulda coulda woulda.