World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
windward;4208061 said:
I'm ready for next season already. To come so close and not close the deal...

Gosh I want a World Series title so bad.

Hopefully the Cowboys can give us a deep playoff run so we can jump straight into spring training.

I'm thinking the Rangers will be in the bidding for Yu Darvish. That should be something interesting to watch this offseason.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4208056 said:
The meat of the order too.

Bleh. How freaking disappointing. Last night was just a huge punch in the gonads. HOW DID WE BLOW THAT?!?!?!

I'm afraid we will never quite figure that one out.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208047 said:
I know this is heresy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Young traded for value somewhere. He's a tease.

The thing is I don't think you can get a whole lot. He is just a DH now. But I wouldn't like it, but I could understand it. He is my Troy Aikman of the Rangers.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I haven't felt this way since '86 when the Astros idiot manager left Bob Knepper in the game against the Mets and he blew the lead and they went on to lose in 16 innings.

rcaldw

Reaction score
MARK THIS DOWN... This series was lost, when after Hamilton's HR, rescuing us from the grave, Washington trots out Oliver instead of coming back with Feliz, with the 7,8, and 9 hole hitters coming up, and NO pinch hitters on their bench.

That is a colossal manager failure on the part of Ron Washington.

gmb85

Reaction score
I feel so bad for Ron. Not so much for the others. Unpopular opinion but oh well.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4208067 said:
I'm thinking the Rangers will be in the bidding for Yu Darvish. That should be something interesting to watch this offseason.

Yeah, that would be pretty intriguing. Plus, will CJ return? Will we make a run at Sabathia? Is Michael young's days as a Ranger over?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
gmb85;4208073 said:
I feel so bad for Ron. Not so much for the others. Unpopular opinion but oh well.

I don't. Ron should have to buy his own ticket back to DFW, and then promptly be sent packing. What he did this series is inexcusable and unforgivable.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
gmb85;4208043 said:
Wow, I'm feeling pretty depressed right now. I don't know why.

Well, you had to witness one of the worst collapses ever...I still cannot they go from one freaking strike away two different times and end up losing the series. We've got a lot of growing up to do.

Air Force One

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208076 said:
I don't. Ron should have to buy his own ticket back to DFW, and then promptly be sent packing. What he did this series is inexcusable and unforgivable.

I agree. He's a great motivator but a horrible horrible coach.

jimmy40

Reaction score
rcaldw;4208071 said:
MARK THIS DOWN... This series was lost, when after Hamilton's HR, rescuing us from the grave, Washington trots out Oliver instead of coming back with Feliz, with the 7,8, and 9 hole hitters coming up, and NO pinch hitters on their bench.

That is a colossal manager failure on the part of Ron Washington.
and just *** knew exactly what was going to happen didn't you? I mean there was no doubt.

gmb85

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208076 said:
I know he screwed up badly but I'm just more worried for him personally.

rcaldw

Reaction score
jimmy40;4208080 said:
and just *** knew exactly what was going to happen didn't you? I mean there was no doubt.

Its not about knowing what is going to happen. It is about YOUR CLOSER vs. the 7,8 and pitcher. You don't take him off the mound. PERIOD.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
That was less of a strike than Feldman's pitch. Meh.

Though, it's not like it really mattered in the end. We would still be down 2 runs going into the top of the 9th.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Air Force One;4208078 said:
I agree. He's a great motivator but a horrible horrible coach.

Taking out Feliz and putting in Oliver in the 10th was, no hyperbole, the worst move I've ever seen a manager make. I can safely say that I despise him to whatever level comes right before pure hatred right now. I feel the same way about him as I did Avery Johnson after the 2006 Finals.